Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated (25736 Views)

..... Volvo xc90 the most Underrated SUV ever..... / How Reliable Are Mazda Cars.... / Most Underrated Car Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by blessingee: 10:44am On May 24, 2017
Tending:

SCAMMMMMER. OLE

Them go win N3m still wan sell game....N3m wey go fit feed their generation, them go still dey advertise fixed odd....Our mumu don do abeg grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by jpphilips(m): 10:47am On May 24, 2017
autosina:
Was surfing the net few days ago and realized the sportiness of Mazda car designs over Toyota and Honda models, and I wonder why Nigerians aren't patronizing them.
The one below even has the face of a BMW 3 series.

That's because you are still surfing cars over the internet, once you are old enough to buy them, you will make an informed choice.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by LastProphet: 10:51am On May 24, 2017
Wamiwa:

Bros Nissan is still better, been using one Nissan primera since 2012 - date its still serving me. no major work done on it apart from changing tyres, shaft and absorbers, infact with the way I travel, I service the car twice a year every 6 months grin if I want to change brand now its either I maintain Nissan or Toyota.

yes primera is still a small and simple nissan, am talking of their complex cars like maxima, upwards, like murano jeep, FX45 jeep etc, they are totally useless i tell u. But the performance of these cars can hardly be found in toyota

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Airborne02(m): 10:56am On May 24, 2017
nams77:

Oga the thing surprise me. Immediately I drove into bayelsa enroute to Port Harcourt, Mazda 323 was just like oxygen or simply put, like MTN..Every where you go. I lost count of how many I saw there. Maybe next time I will have a chat with them.
I was just reading the sorrowful tale of Mr airborne02 on NL and his 323f. I was following his thread and even rejoiced when he bought it, only to hear the sad tale. And I was even liking this relatively less talked about brand
thou he sold me a car with bad engine . i sold it at a loss of 100k after a month. ma frnd bought new engine bt na slow ride now . so bad i felt d hard way . one tin abt mazda if u change one tin from it .. chai na there wahala go start once u open engine .. sorry to say if not well handled . u go dey spend to change dat sme tin .
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Airborne02(m): 11:03am On May 24, 2017
Alitair:
can u share the link abt the 323f?
check my profile Airborne02
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 11:04am On May 24, 2017
hayjayman:
Mazda for life anywhere I dey...Toyota and Honda are over hyped in this part of the world....you will get to some more developed countries, and you will ask yourself if toyota and Honda ever existed at all.only in africa.....my Mazda 626 has never left me stranded on rhe Road where I see bonnets of Honda and Toyota almost in every traffic of lagos...

Who told u Toyota and Honda are only popular in Africa. So where do u think they get all the used ones they shop here? We're they also used in Africa? Toyota and Honda are very popular in the US and most of the used cars here are from North America.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by puffpuff: 11:47am On May 24, 2017
AutoElectNG:

Which model year are you looking at?

By the way, from the Forth Generation to the Eighth generation, Ford had input in the Protege and make look a like models.

If you can narrow down the year, I can provide specific guidelines/advise.

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 24, 2017
Who said Nigerians arent patronizing Mazda? That assertion is wrong!!

They patronize but not as much as Toyota and Honda, our car dealers are to blame for restricting themselves to a narrow range of cars.

They buy vehicle makes they can sell of easily without promotion like corolla, Camry, and highlanders.

They import only automatic versions, petrol engines and v6 models laving the 4 cylinder, manual gear and diesel versions which are more durable, luckily neighboring African countries think differently.

They dont want to do the hard work like KIA and Hyundai that is gradually taking over toyota, lucky for Toyota KIA doesnt have a bus like the Hi-ace .

The average Nigeian car buyer is mentally lazy when it comes to buying cars, they just want to buy what they hear is reigning or popular, rather buying what they need.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 24, 2017
quentin06:
Who said Nigerians arent patronizing Mazda? That assertion is wrong!!

They patronize but not as much as Toyota and Honda, our car dealers are to blame for restricting themselves to a narrow range of cars.

They buy vehicle makes they can sell of easily without promotion like corolla, Camry, and highlanders.

They import only automatic versions, petrol engines and v6 models laving the 4 cylinder, manual gear and diesel versions which are more durable, luckily neighboring African countries think differently.

They dont want to do the hard work like KIA and Hyundai that is gradually taking over toyota, lucky for Toyota KIA doesnt have a bus like the Hi-ace .

The average Nigeian car buyer is mentally lazy when it comes to buying cars, they just want to buy what they hear is reigning or popular, rather buying what they need.
Talk about yourself.
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by IdeyVex1(m): 4:35pm On May 24, 2017
HITTED:

The day it will leave you stranded you will look for the parts and you will not see any. Toyota reigns supreme.

Lie! I have used a Mazda 626 for four years now and the car takes me to my home town and back without issues. I have currently added an MVP to it. That tells you how much I love Mazda

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by ayobase(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2017
noeloge82:

That's what I was told when I wanted to but my 626 , 10yrs ago and uptill date I have never worked on my engine I only service it once in 3 months

Every brand is good, but the maintenance culture by most Nigerians coupled with hours, days, week and month a sick car can go before repairs.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by noeloge82(m): 7:05pm On May 24, 2017
AreaFada2:

Not everyone is so lucky.

I sent a Tokunbo Mazda 626 Coupe to 9ja like 20 years ago. It was mechanical superb driving it around in the West. But in 9ja, not single moment of peace. Whether the mechanics didn't know what to do I do not know. It was eventually sold. Phew! That was the end of Mazda for me.
Whereas the Mitsubishi I gave a family member lasted forever.

But to be fair, a friend who took home a 626 Sedan at same time used it for next 9 to 10 years nicely. Because he was returning home for good. To use it along side other cars sha.
Ur right it happens a times
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by noeloge82(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2017
ayobase:

Every brand is good, but the maintenance culture by most Nigerians coupled with hours, days, week and month a sick car can go before repairs.
Yes maintenance is d master key
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by noeloge82(m): 7:07pm On May 24, 2017
angels09:

Mazda parts are not cheap. Don't spread rumours. Ordinary ckp sensor 10k on pre millennium Mazda. Joor be careful....

It is not rumour compare same price of same part in another brand and then u will understand its cheap
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 8:44am On May 25, 2017
AutoElectNG:
1. Mazda is a smaller car company compared to Toyota and Honda. This means that Mazda does not have the deep pockets that Toyota and Honda have.

2. This led to a long-term collaboration between Mazda and Ford so that Mazda could leverage on the research and development financial and technical resources of Ford.

3. Ford forced Mazda to use certain engines and certain transmissions. This included the poorly designed and ill-fated CD4E transmission that come with the Mazda 626 automatic and the MX-6.

4. Around the late 1990s and the early 2000, this ill-fated transmission caused so many failures of Mazda 626 automatics and Mazda MX-6s that Mazda's image was terribly dented.

5. Affected vehicles included Mazda 626, Mazda Tribute and Mazda MX-6.

6. Other issues included transmission abuse by users who tried to exploit the zoom zoom that Mazda promised to the fullest.

7. Inadequate and ineffective cooling secondary cooling for a transmission with inadequate cooling ducts in the very first place. A race car has beefed up cooling and brakes amongst others, racing the Mazda to achieve the zoom zoom without beefing it up was a recipe for its failure in several instances, but the brand was blamed and not the users who erred.

8. Mazda focuses on cars built for performance/enthusiasts, Toyota focuses on budget and value (every Tom, Dick and Harry).

9. Market perception that Toyota's are more reliable and durable while Mazda's are more fun to drive, think of it as the poor man's performance brand, but Nigerians prefer reliable over and above fun to drive.

10. However, Mazda since 2013 is no longer the product of a collaboration between Mazda and Ford, but Mazda all alone, so Mazda can decide in its best interests and not because of the financial, legal and technical considerations due to its tie to Ford. Therefore a distinction needs to be made when judging Mazda between Mazda's pre-Ford, Mazda's with Ford and Mazda's post-Ford when analyzing the brand.

11. The disproportionate influence of so-called trusted mechanics on vehicle choice who may be more biased and less-educated than the general public who depend on them actually realize .

If you want specifics, I can back up all the above points.

Almost all collabos between Japanese and American car manufacturers lead to poor products imho

Japanese build cars to last for 10 years while americans build cars that will last to the warranty period/ projected three year trade-in
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by AceRoyal: 10:08am On May 25, 2017
[quote author=puffpuff post=56827644][/quote] Very rugged, good fuel economy and easy to maintain. #Speaking from experience.
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by ophilly: 2:44pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by ophilly: 2:49pm On May 25, 2017
Alitair:

can u share the link

Follow the link: https://www.nairaland.com/3678700/need-mazda-323f-engine the 323f?
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by seunoresco: 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
Well I think most Nigerians just follow the crowd. Been using a Mazda millennia 2001 car for 4-5 years now. Never worked on the engine. I just service it depending on how frequent I use it. It's a superb ride performance-wise. And I can say 100% that all these Toyotas and hondas dont outperform this car. Have refused to drop the car. Long life Mazda
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by hayjayman(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2017
seunoresco:
Well I think most Nigerians just follow the crowd. Been using a Mazda millennia 2001 car for 4-5 years now. Never worked on the engine. I just service it depending on how frequent I use it. It's a superb ride performance-wise. And I can say 100% that all these Toyotas and hondas dont outperform this car. Have refused to drop the car. Long life Mazda

Tell dem o
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by princetom1(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2017
Many people just follow the crowd, if u ever drive any of the new mazdas, u will hate Toyota and Hondas. Mazda does alot of things better even at cheaper price....
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 14, 2017
IdeyVex1:

Lie! I have used a Mazda 626 for four years now and the car takes me to my home town and back without issues. I have currently added an MVP to it. That tells you how much I love Mazda

I respect your automotive acumen.

Mazda makes great vehicles.
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by vertueptime: 4:54am On Aug 15, 2017
fineboynl:
..Nigerians buy cars with public opinion and demands. they are now moving to Benz. even old model Benz like vboot just because people are using latest Benz. those who can't afford latest will likely go for older version. and the price tag is going up right now. even older Benz like 190 is now been seen on the road like pure water

Dnt be decieved, mechanics have deviced a way to install vw golf injector on benz 190, so all na construction, mazda in abj is simple cab
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by kiekie1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 11, 2018
Mazda fam smiley
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
New Mazda's are excellent cars. The Mazda 6 is a notch above the Camry and Accord in terms of interior, and we all know Mazda has the best handling and drive feel of all Japanese cars.

Let's not even talk about the new Mazda 3. Brilliant car.

Wouldn't mind owning one, though the generation I could afford isn't the best. In a few years time, though, a Mazda 6 with the 2.5T would be a dream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by taneez(f): 5:19pm On Jan 30, 2020
Noble11:
Nigerians buy cars with people's opinion and recommendations..
My first car was Mazda 626 lift back,that was in 2005,I gave it out to one yoruba man which happens to be the father of my mechanic,that car never gave me problem till date that man is still using it for taxi in ajao estate.
My second car was BMW m3 series sport . I was told not to buy that car,that it's very expensive to maintain and it consumes fuel.But when I was moving back from lagos to onitsha I filled my tank(55lits) which took me to asaba before refilling my tank.The spare parts are available in ngbuka obosi very cheap..
My next car whenever I come back to Nigeria will be either BMW or Mercedes-Benz..I only gave that car out coz I don't like front wheel drive..
Love a car buy the car..don't buy coz some says it last longer.. It's all about maintenance

I have been thinking of getting Mazda lately

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by rioutulandte198: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
The Mazda 3 is an incredibly popular car in Nigeria, and for good reason. With its comfortable interior, powerful engine, and sleek exterior, the Mazda 3 is the perfect car for Nigerian drivers.

With its comfortable interior, powerful engine, and sleek exterior, the Mazda 3 is the perfect car for Nigerian drivers. To learn more about this amazing car, we recommend you read this comprehensive review of the Mazda 3: thecriticsvoice_000_pe/2023/06/13/mazda-3-the-ultimate-nigerian-car-review/. You’ll also find out why it is a great choice for Nigerian drivers, and what makes it stand out from the competition.

It covers everything from the features and specs to the pros and cons of owning a Mazda 3. So, if you’re looking for a reliable and stylish car in Nigeria, the Mazda 3 is definitely worth considering..

So, if you’re looking for a reliable and stylish car in Nigeria, the Mazda 3 is definitely worth considering..
Re: Why Are Mazda Cars Underrated by anabinut1984: 3:57pm On Jun 19, 2023
Mazda cars have been a popular choice for drivers in Nigeria for many years. To help you find the perfect Mazda car for your needs, we've put together a comprehensive review of the latest Mazda models available in Nigeria. Check out our review of Mazda Cars in Nigeria at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/mazda-cars-in-nigeria-reviews-prices-and-models/ to learn more about the different models available and decide which one is right for you..

From the iconic Mazda CX-5 to the sporty Mazda MX-5, we'll look at all the top Mazda cars in Nigeria and discuss their features, prices, and models so you can make the best choice for your budget and lifestyle.

Check out our review of Mazda Cars in Nigeria at topratedreviews_great-site_net/2023/06/13/mazda-cars-in-nigeria-reviews-prices-and-models/ to learn more about the different models available and decide which one is right for you..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: Baby, 5 Others Die In Fatal Multiple Accident In Abeokuta / Has Anyone Ever Converted A Toyota Corolla From Manual To Automatic? / Lagos Ranked 3rd Worst City In The World For Drivers By Forbes (see List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.