Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,935 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. (732 Views)

Meet Ramesh Babu, An Indian Barber Who Drives Rolls-Royce Ghost To His Shop / Mazda Mpv Does Not Select On Drive But Engage Well On Reverse / My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 6:59am On May 24, 2017
Dear all, I parked my Toyota Camry 2007 and traveled for a period of two weeks. When I returned and used the car, I noticed it was not accelerating. It goes on reverse and drives, but dose not accelerate no matter how I throttle. I consulted a mechanic who said it could be bad oil or blocked filter. I changed the oil and cleaned the filter, yet the issue was not resolved. I then decided to do diagnosis after which this code was generated: P0798, pls may someone help me decode this and advice on how and where I can get this sorted out in Port Harcourt Thanks!
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by oladimejiX: 7:21am On May 24, 2017
Gazzuzz can you help this brother
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On May 24, 2017
Glurssymum:
Dear all, I parked my Toyota Camry 2007 and traveled for a period of two weeks. When I returned and used the car, I noticed it was not accelerating. It goes on reverse and drives, but dose not accelerate no matter how I throttle. I consulted a mechanic who said it could be bad oil or blocked filter. I changed the oil and cleaned the filter, yet the issue was not resolved. I then decided to do diagnosis after which this code was generated: P0798, pls may someone help me decode this and advice on how and where I can get this sorted out in Port Harcourt Thanks!

Start your story from the beginning. What work was done on the car before you traveled.
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by oladimejiX: 7:42am On May 24, 2017
Gazzuzz your response rate is epic, I need to find a way to locate your workshop, I stay at ojodu berger, my Toyota Avalon 2001 needs pro attention, I hope your consultation fee is not expensive. My car struggles to accelerate when I put on the AC almost like it's carrying a heavy load. It idles between 800 to 1000 when drive is engaged and AC on.
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On May 24, 2017
oladimejiX:
Gazzuzz your response rate is epic, I need to find a way to locate your workshop, I stay at ojodu berger, my Toyota Avalon 2001 needs pro attention, I hope your consultation fee is not expensive. My car struggles to accelerate when I put on the AC almost like it's carrying a heavy load. It idles between 800 to 1000 when drive is engaged and AC on.

Thank you. Call when you are ready, I will make an exception for the vehicle age. Number in profile
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Inception(m): 10:35am On May 24, 2017
Is your car 4 cyl or v6?
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by oladimejiX: 11:08am On May 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Thank you. Call when you are ready, I will make an exception for the vehicle age. Number in profile
consultation price exception?

also u did not comment on the situation i stated, see below.

My car struggles to accelerate when I put on the AC almost like it's carrying a heavy load. It idles between 800 to 1000 when drive is engaged and AC on
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2017
oladimejiX:

consultation price exception?

also u did not comment on the situation i stated, see below.

My car struggles to accelerate when I put on the AC almost like it's carrying a heavy load. It idles between 800 to 1000 when drive is engaged and AC on

open your own thread, book an appointment gazzuzz.com
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 12:49pm On May 24, 2017
[quote author=GAZZUZZ post=56819780]

[color=#990000]Start your story from the beginning. What work was done on the car before you traveled.

No work was done on it except when a mechanic inspected my throttle body and an electrician changed a certain relay that powers my compressor because the engine is low and that was like a month earlier
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 2:10pm On May 24, 2017
4 Cylinder
Inception:
Is your car 4 cyl or v6?
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:26pm On May 24, 2017
Glurssymum:

This problem might not be easy to solve remotely, please contact, 07068335918 he is in PH he will guide you on what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by sultaan(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2017
Glurssymum:

The other question is did he refill the engine oil and cleaned the oil filter or was that the transmission
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 24, 2017
sultaan:

The other question is did he refill the engine oil and cleaned the oil filter or was that the transmission
Or he filled it with abro or seahorse transmission oils.
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:36pm On May 24, 2017
or did he have an assistant driver when he traveled? grin
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 7:05pm On May 24, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
or did he have an assistant driver when he traveled? grin

Not atall
Re: My Car Drives, Reverses But Does Not Select Gear. by Glurssymum: 7:09pm On May 24, 2017
sultaan:

Changed both engine oil and transmission oil after the incident. Changed engine oil filter but cleaned transmission oil filter.

(1) (Reply)

Win N500k In The Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Challenge / Gear-clad Officers To Lob Tear / What To Expect When Switching From Internal Combustion Engine To Electric Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.