Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos (26857 Views)

Lagos Driver ‘Commits Suicide’ At Mechanic Workshop / Man Sentenced To Death Attempts Suicide At Benin High Court (Photos) / The Man Who Committed Suicide At FESTAC Bridge Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by josielewa(m): 11:54am On May 24, 2017
when u finally know

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 11:55am On May 24, 2017
Ambode sef embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Hades2016(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2017
God help us ... this is so sad cry
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 11:59am On May 24, 2017
The Broom symbolises witchcraft death and badluck, what we gullible Nuigerians didnt see in 2015, Aribasala saw 2 years ago, they dismissed his words as mumbo jumbo now its bad news everyday and the spirit of confusion that has been set loose on us.That is why u see poeple being sacrificed everyday .
[b]
Cultic broom

The broom symbol of the ACN was later adopted as the logo of the APC with the coalition of the legacy parties. Millions of brooms were bought by APC supporters during the 2015 election campaigns, to the delight of broom-sellers. These were then brandished lavishly during the election rallies.

Ordinarily, the broom is a powerful and effective symbol for a political party. In practical everyday life, brooms are used to sweep away dirt. It is therefore appropriate for a political party, especially one in opposition, to use it as a symbol of its determination to sweep away the government in power and clean up the filth and corruption in Nigerian society.

However, the broom is also a witchcraft symbol believed by the cultist to provide the power to rise above the earthly plane and to soar in the spirit realm. In the West, brooms are associated with witches visualized as hags who fly through the air on broomsticks. These witches use their cultist brooms to sweep away their traces to avoid detection. Herbalists use the broom to invoke the spirit of the dead. The broom is used as a gate or door before a ritual space. A witch draws a magical circle, enters it, and then places the broom over the doorway as a means to keep out unwanted energies or people.

Bad luck

There is sufficient evidence to indicate that the APC employed the broom as an instrument of witchcraft and superstition during the 2015 elections. What is cultist about the APC broom is the way and manner it is displayed. The APC broom is held up and not down. It is held above the head and then waved in the air. This gives it a hidden meaning not generally recognised.

In the occult, when brooms are waved in the air, they have the opposite effect of cleaning up dirt; they spread dirt. When waved in the air, brooms pour dirt on our heads. This makes it sinister that the APC chose this very gesture as its definitive slogan.

In this part of the world, it is considered taboo for men especially to raise the broom above the head. To do so is to invoke evil spirits. With the broom raised everywhere during the campaigns, the APC used it to cast a spell on Nigerians. Many are just beginning to wake up from this spell after 100 days of a do-nothing Buhari administration.

In Yoruba folklore, it is a bad omen for the broom to stand erect; it must lie on the ground. The taboo is that if it stands erect, it will be used by evil spirits to bring bad luck. The occult design here was fitted for APC electoral purposes. The party used its cultist broom to sweep away good luck from Nigeria in the person of Goodluck Jonathan. This means its success at the polls portends a bad omen for Nigeria.

[/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/2579141/apc-spirit-witchcraft-femi-aribisala

4 Likes

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by koboko69: 11:59am On May 24, 2017
All this suicides that leg will still be touching the ground. Ok na
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 24, 2017
Let the blood of all those who commit suicide cry out to you for forgiveness dear Lord, heal our land
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by agitator: 12:03pm On May 24, 2017
Oooops:
On my way to work just now, I saw people gathered, in checking what happened I discovered it was a young boy, dangling from a rope on his neck...DEAD he is
This is rather painful. Lots of people are depressed... Been reading, but today I saw first hand the pains in the society. I could not cry, I could only wonder. WHAT IS HAPPENING

Lalasticlala help move this to front page so his family can recognize him

OP no location, how can people identify him easily?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 24, 2017
Like someone said and I totally agree with him these suicides here and there only makes us think of the theory of evolution and adaption: Those who can adjust to the changes and difficulties of life develop adaptive mechanisms in order to keep on living, while those who are weak and cannot adjust die off. It is as simple as that;

when there is a life threatening situation you either allow it define you, destroys you or make you better..
you could imagine the grief he has thrown his loved ones into
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 24, 2017
i tell you, it aint easy anymore living in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by 0b111: 12:10pm On May 24, 2017
subtlemee:
This is what happens when a country has only a co-ordinator ...so sad

You re dull!

Smh!

Bed material
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by louisilva: 12:14pm On May 24, 2017
Fake news. First, does not look like a young boy. that is a grown ass..., Second where is the crowd? Dont be desberate for media traffic.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Jabioro: 12:14pm On May 24, 2017
Something is leading to something, he has his best reason no one could speak for him, after all he does not seek for public or private advice before he took the exit..
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by hardbody: 12:15pm On May 24, 2017
overall90:
I remember being taught in school about the demography of suicide, that it is mainly a thing of the oriental countries like China and Japan and then the Caucasians.Blacks especially Nigerians were way below on the ladder.I never new it will get to a point that suicide will become very common among Nigerians.
What went wrong?

What went wrong? the answer is any of the options below (fill in the spaces using the suggested options).....Buratai; Bamaiyi; Bintai: Buhari;

B_ _ A_I

(20 marks)
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by hardbody: 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
agitator:

Ijaiye (Ogba or Ojokoro)

I used to pub crawl....
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by ephi123(f): 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
Why is this picture posted online? Are Nigerians okay at all? So even in death, someone felt it's​ okay to snap his dead body and post for people to gloat at?
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by louisilva: 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
He committed suiside and his one leg is suppoting his body?! OP!!!!! Na wa oooo! What people do this days to post stuffs.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Denko2721987(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
i dont like saying things like this, but i must say the amount of bad luck that has come with this administration is just unprecedented.. Everywhere u go, u would see it and feel it.. I supported this administration coming into power because i was tired of the decay of the pdp and its goons but mehn we choose the devil... We need a totally different system of government in this country asap..

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:19pm On May 24, 2017
@Op u get mind ooo, i cant even enter d place not to talk of taking pictures even some of d policemen present their were shocked . I wonder why taking his life d boy should be in his late 20s
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Endtimesmith(m): 12:20pm On May 24, 2017
The most common situations or life events,especially in Nigeria that might cause suicidal thoughts are grief, sexual abuse, financial problems, remorse, rejection, relationship breakup and high rate unemployment. Psychiatric factors linked to a higher risk of suicidal ideation include: Adjustmental disorder and tough pace of our economical recession.....Please if you have that thoughts in your head,don't do it,kindly talk to me,we could sort it out happily, Stay fulfilled always.

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nwanieke(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
Where in ijaye
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by EngrBello(m): 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
The Guy don Fail Jamb! chai embarassed
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:21pm On May 24, 2017
agitator:

its at Obadeyi bus stop in between Ijaiye and Ahmadiyah. Inside an uncompleted building
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:22pm On May 24, 2017
Nwanieke:
Where in ijaye
Obadeyi bus stop d road b4 runsewe estate as if u are going to Ahmadiya
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:23pm On May 24, 2017
ephi123:
Why is this picture posted online? Are Nigerians okay at all? So even in death, someone felt it's​ okay to snap his dead body and post for people to gloat at?
someone might know him cos no means of identification on him
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:25pm On May 24, 2017
louisilva:
He committed suiside and his one leg is suppoting his body?! OP!!!!! Na wa oooo! What people do this days to post stuffs.
its real, it happened this morning
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:25pm On May 24, 2017
hardbody:

Ijaiye (Ogba or Ojokoro)

I used to pub crawl....
Ijaiye Ojokoro
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by ephi123(f): 12:27pm On May 24, 2017
moonloved:
someone might know him cos no means of identification on him

Still not right. They could have zoomed in to his face and posted just a picture of his face.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:28pm On May 24, 2017
louisilva:
Fake news. First, does not look like a young boy. that is a grown ass..., Second where is the crowd? Dont be desberate for media traffic.
well u can go there to confirm, i was passing by too when i saw d huge crowd with police. D boy should be in late 20s everybody were wondering how can a small boy like that commit suicide
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:29pm On May 24, 2017
ephi123:

Still not right. They could have zoomed in to his face and posted just a picture of his face.
u are right not all of us can think that way

1 Like

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 24, 2017
Generational curses

In India, from where APC borrowed this hocus pocus, the mother goddess who waves the broom is called Shitala. This Hindu siren has several hands and is associated with quite a number of debilitating ailments, many not immediately apparent. At first, the broom would seem to meet all of our deepest longings. But, sooner than later, its devastating side-effects would emerge.

The broom is united at the bottom and this would seem to signify unity. However, it is scattered at the top, which spells disunity. With the scattered end waved in the air, the APC broom portends disunity for Nigeria, both at the party and at the national level.

With Buhari now at the helm, Nigerians have witnessed a lot of squabbles within the APC. Attempts to paper over the cracks are illusory. More ominous is President Buhari’s emergence as a sectional ethnic leader. His blatantly lopsided political appointments, designed to make the South a colony of the North, poses great threat Nigerian unity.

This should not come as a surprise. When you employ the broom goddess to sweep away your opponents, she also sweeps away your national image, your honour, strength, peace and independence as a nation .

Bad omen

By electing the APC into power, Nigerians inadvertently accepted the rule of the broom goddess. Unless a conscious effort is made to reject this evil spirit, it will prevail over our national affairs in the next four years. This will bring fruitless hard labour. People will work like jackasses and eat like ants. Holes will be burnt in pockets. Lives will be wasted needlessly.

The broom goddess brings emptiness and restlessness. She provides broken cisterns that cannot hold water. There will be no peace in the country and the people will reject the truth.

Indeed, the 100 days of APC government have been characterized by lies, more lies and broken promises. Nigeria has gone from go-slow to standstill. The currency has declined; the oil price has nose-dived; Boko Haram killings have multiplied. It is increasingly obvious that Nigerians were hypnotized and hoodwinked by the APC in the 2015 elections.
https://www.nairaland.com/2579141/apc-spirit-witchcraft-femi-aribisala
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide At Ijaiye, Lagos by moonloved(f): 12:31pm On May 24, 2017
koboko69:
All this suicides that leg will still be touching the ground. Ok na
it was like that when i saw it too but i dare not take d pic. This Op get mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Notorious Traffic Robber Arrested By Security Operatives During Operation. Photo / Anambra Security Operatives Accused Of Shooting People Returning From Mortuary / Olugboyega Olubiyi-Ayokunle: Wanted Fake Naval Officer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.