Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Why You Should Eat Avocados - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why You Should Eat Avocados (24524 Views)

Guess You Didn’t Know This About Avocados / Reasons Why You Should Eat Dinner Early / Food That People Above 45 Should Eat And Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Adebayo4all: 11:38am On May 24, 2017
DAT of Longevity is a lie.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Jaynom(m): 11:39am On May 24, 2017
Najyin:
I love it. Especially with bread.
Ewwww!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nickymezor(f): 11:39am On May 24, 2017
Avocados are super cool...More reasons to keep munching dem
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by realestniggah: 11:39am On May 24, 2017
please if this post add value to your life hit the LIKE button
if this post has no relevance to your life hit the share button
wetin concern us with avocado
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nuel25846(m): 11:40am On May 24, 2017
The seed inside can also be used for playing games....like.....grin
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Antoeni(m): 11:41am On May 24, 2017
Ok noted
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Respect55(m): 11:42am On May 24, 2017
Thanks to whoever provided d pictures. I was lost ab-initio as to what it was
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 11:44am On May 24, 2017
Jabioro:
Is it available in Nigeria..avocados..
there is the tree in front of my house.. and the production this year have never been so good
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by dingbang(m): 11:45am On May 24, 2017
Makes you add weight!
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Beewhy01(m): 11:46am On May 24, 2017
there are two threads in nairaland, snake and the rest
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by hardbody: 11:46am On May 24, 2017
CaptainGOOD:
I was expeting to see "it also helps man's best friend John Blokos, to remain a strong soldier"

Nothin spoil shaa!.

I skimmed through hoping to see that health benefit too, when I did not find it i decided, 'well....."......
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by gbeseun(m): 11:46am On May 24, 2017
No be pea be this, which one come be avocardor
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by martineverest(m): 11:51am On May 24, 2017
the ironic part is that d seed and leaves are more nitricious that the fruit itself
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by asha01: 11:55am On May 24, 2017
Opinionated:

You’re probably asking, why Avocados? Why not fruits like mango, orange, pineapple. Well, we understand your curiosity which is why we have carefully listed all the benefits you probably didn’t know about. Often referred to as fleshy fruit, avocados are packed with nutrients and heart-healthy compounds. According to Jumia market team, below are reasons we should eat them regularly

Nutritional Facts

1. Avocados contain small amounts of sugar- fructose, glucose, and galactose in comparison to other fruits. Due to their low sugar content, avocados do not raise blood sugar levels to a great extent.

Avocado has a substantial amount of 4.5 grams of fiber which is capable of regulating appetite, feeding the friendly bacteria in the gut, and reducing the risk of many diseases.

3. Filled with monosaturated fatty acids- a great source of healthy fats, Avocados have a protective effect against inflammation, diabetes and heart diseases.For pregnant women, Avocados are essential for normal cell function and tissue growth as it contains 20% Folate (B9) of the required dietary allowance.When it comes to blood pressure control and heart health, Potassium is an essential mineral and avocados actually contain 14% of this beneficial mineral compared to bananas.

4. [/b]Avocados contain 17% of Vitamin C, an important antioxidant for immune function and skin health. Avocados contain various carotenoids like zeaxanthin and lutein’ which are beneficial for eye health and can reduce the risk of age-related eye diseases.Persenones A and B: Avocados contain these unique antioxidants that may protect the body against inflammation and cancer.

[b]

Other Health Benefits

Reduces Symptoms of Arthritis

Arthritis is the progressive deterioration of the joint cartilage. Avocado oil (33%) and soybean oil (66%) are primarily used to suppress and finally treat symptoms in people suffering from arthritis, especially in the knee and hip area.

Helps Lower Cholesterol Level

As well as increasing feelings of fullness, the oleic acid in avocados can help reduce cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is one of the main risk factors for heart disease. The cholesterol-lowering properties of avocado, along with its folate content, help keep your heart healthy.

Increases Longevity

Xanthophyll, a powerful antioxidant helps in decreasing signs of the aging process on different parts of your body.Avocado is one of the fruits which contains this antioxidant.

Protects your Skin

Avocados are high in fat, but these are the “good” polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats that are healthy for skin. Polyunsaturated fats keep your skin protected from sun damage and inflammation.Monounsaturated fats keep the top layer of skin moisturized so that it’s healthy and safe from premature wrinkles.

source:http://www.opinions.ng/why-you-should-eat-avocados/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

i understood the seed when dried and grind cures diabetes
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Jabioro: 11:56am On May 24, 2017
Imstrong:
there is the tree in front of my house.. and the production this year have never been so good
That means we don't have at home, all I could have are different avocados pictures
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by CaptainGOOD: 12:04pm On May 24, 2017
hardbody:

I skimmed through hoping to see that health benefit too, when I did not find it i decided, 'well....."......

grin grin i thought i was alone!.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by dynamic67(m): 12:16pm On May 24, 2017
It also lower the Cholesterol level in the body system and also good for the heart
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by omoharry(f): 12:47pm On May 24, 2017
Jaynom:

Ewwww!
Is that a puke? it really nice with bread..that is what i use on my bread instead of Margarine/butter.It nice..i think you should try it someday
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by zanga420: 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
@opinionated, what about the seed and leaves?
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 24, 2017
Jabioro:
Is it available in Nigeria..avocados..

yes.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by felo812000(m): 1:32pm On May 24, 2017
grin grin grin same here
CaptainGOOD:
Ayam disappointed.
I was expecting to see "it also helps man's best friend John Blokos, to remain a strong soldier"

Itis well!.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 24, 2017
Lilimax:
I eat it always!
Very good in making smoothie smiley
My Smoothie Recipe: Avocado - 1 Cucumber Watermelon Ginger Lemon Cayenne Pepper
Blend them together, Tastes yummy smiley
As for d avocado do u mean literally or figuratively?
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by roselynbas(f): 2:19pm On May 24, 2017
Ighoga898:

It is an aphrodisiac for women.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 24, 2017
roselynbas:

It is an aphrodisiac for women.
let me rephrase it. ''do u eat cucumber literally or figuratively ''
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Lilimax(f): 2:37pm On May 24, 2017
Ighoga898:

Literally nah smiley
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 24, 2017
Lilimax:
Literally nah smiley
so u know what I meant by saying figuratively..
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 24, 2017
Talk about an obsession with a fruit/vegetable...
I'm mad at myself for not having wanted to try it much earlier!
vocados are soooo scrumptious....the creaminess.....it's just delectable. I like them by themselves or in a salad or sandwich.
Most people only eat via guacomole....which I've never had before.
I have to truly be careful with these...cause I'll sit and eat two of them just like that.
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by popizaino(m): 6:17pm On May 24, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
My mum is a living example of the efficacy of this fruit, she could barely walk or stand for long before someone introduced her to it, now she can dance and walk without her walking stick. It works folks!!!
pls what does she take it with and how does she take it?
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by Dynamite02: 10:27pm On May 24, 2017
The problem I have with avocado is how to select the one that will not be bad inside,sometimes I end up wasting my money
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by uchemelvin20004: 10:52pm On May 25, 2017
popizaino:
pls what does she take it with and how does she take it?
she cuts the seed into small parts, boils it and drinks a glassful of the water 3 times daily. After a week she changes the seeds with new ones
Re: Why You Should Eat Avocados by popizaino(m): 12:04am On May 26, 2017
uchemelvin20004:
she cuts the seed into small parts, boils it and drinks a glassful of the water 3 times daily. After a week she changes the seeds with new ones
ok .you mean the brown round seed right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Homemade FAST FOOD - 10 Mins Special Plantain Egg Sauce Recipe (Pix &Video) / Shop Sells Human bosom Milk Ice-cream / Boiling Corn On The Cob: Best Way To Boil Corn On Cob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.