Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,471 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! (3553 Views)

Wifi Hotspot Issues On Tecno and other Android devices (solved) / Hotspot Issues / Tecno C7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 4:17am On May 25, 2017
I recently noticed that whenever I switch on my Hotspot, after 20 seconds it turns off by itself. No matter how many times that I turn it on, it always goes off by itself.
It started about a week ago. Before this time, I used the Hotspot very well. In fact, after some time the Hotspot does stay on if you keep trying to switch it on.

I put a message on the Carlcare thread and I was told that it was a hardware issue and of course I should visit their Carlcare office.
Hardware issue on a Month old phone.

This is my first tecno phone because for a long time I believed that tecno made inferior phones with inflated prices. I bought this phone because I believed that tecno had improved. I guess I was wrong.
This phone is just a month old (April 24) and I am already experiencing this issue.

Those who are interested in getting this phone. Take note.

Those who have experienced this issue. What can I do about it?
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by TechPanda(m): 6:42am On May 25, 2017
@ Wackyj1

Please hold on lemme see if there is a way around.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Thepasserby(m): 7:08am On May 25, 2017
Back up your data and wipe the phone. Did the same and it worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 2:02pm On May 25, 2017
WackyJ1:
I recently noticed that whenever I switch on my Hotspot, after 20 seconds it turns off by itself. No matter how many times that I turn it on, it always goes off by itself.
It started about a week ago. Before this time, I used the Hotspot very well. In fact, after some time the Hotspot does stay on if you keep trying to switch it on.

I put a message on the Carlcare thread and I was told that it was a hardware issue and of course I should visit their Carlcare office.

This is my first tecno phone because for a long time I believed that tecno made inferior phones with inflated prices. I bought this phone because I believed that tecno had improved. I guess I was wrong.
This phone is just a month old (April 24) and I am already experiencing this issue.

You can actually try Resetting the phone or visit our Benin Centre to get the Update done. You did not mention that it was only a month old initially; since C7's launch there's been an update or two. That may be what the device needs. @WackyJ1
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

You can actually try Resetting the phone or visit our Benin Centre to get the Update done. You did not mention that it was only a month old initially; since C7's launch there's been an update or two. That may be what the device needs. @WackyJ1

Thanks for your response.

How do I reset the phone?

So I have to go all the Way to Benin to do the update.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2017
Thepasserby:
Back up your data and wipe the phone. Did the same and it worked for me.

You did same on the same phone?
How do you backup data?
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Thepasserby(m): 5:27pm On May 25, 2017
WackyJ1:

How do you backup data?

Mine was infinix. I just copied all files to PC and wiped the phone. It came back to normal after the wiping.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by omoalajah(m): 8:23pm On May 25, 2017
I think an hard reset should fix this phone for you. Google how to had reset an android phone
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by datyorubaboy: 9:10pm On May 25, 2017
If your phone has any issues, you should take it to carlcare
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by smatjr(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2017
I had this same issue with my hot4 ....try to reset factory settings ....problem solved... Bro grin
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by missslimzy(f): 12:23pm On May 26, 2017
Hard reset from your settings. But do a back up first
WackyJ1:

Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by 2sexynet: 1:08pm On May 26, 2017
WackyJ1:

How do you backup data?
undecided
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by afezy110(m): 4:03pm On May 26, 2017
WackyJ1:

i have the sMe problem with my tecno w3
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 26, 2017
WackyJ1:

How do you backup data?

Back up on Google Drive if you have an account of connect to a PC and store all files there or on a memory card. But make sure you remove the memory card before resetting.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 4:14pm On May 26, 2017
WackyJ1:

No you don't @WackyJ1 Use the Back Up & Restore App on the phone to save your files. And then go to SETTINGS - scroll to Factory Data Reset, tap it open - and select BACK UP & RESET. That'll do it.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 26, 2017
Try do phone update first since it's a new phone, I am sure it needs update

WackyJ1:

Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 4:20pm On May 26, 2017
afezy110:
i have the sMe problem with my tecno w3
Hi @afezy110 Have you tried resetting your phone? What's the current Build Number running on your phone?
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 26, 2017
2sexynet:
undecided
your bbm pin?

1 Like

Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by 2sexynet: 8:11pm On May 26, 2017
jagugu88li:
your bbm pin?
2B110FC8
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by shiftback: 10:52pm On May 26, 2017
op how much did you get the Camon c7. I'm looking for a nice simple phone with a good camera to gift some.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by shedo4sure: 11:28pm On May 26, 2017
It happened 2 my tecno w4. I didn't bother factory resetting my device. All I did was 2 boot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik cache, and it started working perfectly...
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2017
2sexynet:
undecided

Bia this place resemble blackberry thread?
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 5:57am On May 27, 2017
shiftback:
op how much did you get the Camon c7. I'm looking for a nice simple phone with a good camera to gift some.
Got it #36000
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by WackyJ1(m): 6:08am On May 27, 2017
I did a Hard reset of my phone and the Wi-Fi hotspot started working well.

I did not want the problem to repeat it self so I decided to go to Onitsha Carlcare center to update the phone like Carlcareopebi suggested. I got there and the guy there said there is no update for the phone, that if there was, I would be notified via OTA.
I told him I hadn't been notified but I had been told there might be an update by a carlcare agent here.

Oga took my phone inside, gave it to some people, I supposed and returned it to me 40 mins later.

From what I observed on the phone. Nothing special was done, no update. Just another hard reset.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by 2sexynet: 1:30am On May 29, 2017
WackyJ1:

Bia this place resemble blackberry thread?
ara re ko ya o
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by Askech(m): 3:46am On May 29, 2017
WackyJ1:
I did a Hard reset of my phone and the Wi-Fi hotspot started working well.

I did not want the problem to repeat it self so I decided to go to Onitsha Carlcare center to update the phone like Carlcareopebi suggested. I got there and the guy there said there is no update for the phone, that if there was, I would be notified via OTA.
I told him I hadn't been notified but I had been told there might be an update by a carlcare agent here.

Oga took my phone inside, gave it to some people, I supposed and returned it to me 40 mins later.

From what I observed on the phone. Nothing special was done, no update. Just another hard reset.
actually bro I believe there are about two updates for the phone. I had the phone before and I recieved the two updates sometime in February or march. just try leaving ur data on for some time or better still connect to a wifi network for the update to download, after which u can then install it.
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by afezy110(m): 12:52pm On May 29, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hi @afezy110 Have you tried resetting your phone? What's the current Build Number running on your phone?
I've reset it before.. the problem went but it came back.. and this phone internal storage issur problem is a pain
Re: Tecno C7 Hotspot Issues - Just One Month Old! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 4:48pm On May 30, 2017
afezy110:
I've reset it before.. the problem went but it came back.. and this phone internal storage issur problem is a pain
Okay @afezy110 Visit the Carlcare Service Centre closest to you for a Software Reload. You may Book a reservation using the Carlcare Application on your device [and give the information required]; Our contact number(s) and addresses are also in the App Or let me know your location so that I forward one to you. Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Celtel GPRS In Other States / Which Phone Can I Buy For 30k Now? / I Am Done With Airtel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.