Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,299 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Jquery1.4 Released - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Jquery1.4 Released (1891 Views)

Why US Released New Design Standards For Its Websites / See What Gtbank Has Released To Its Customers As The New GAPS Portal / WHSMS - The Ultimate Bulksms Management Solution || V2.3.1 Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jquery1.4 Released by lanbaba: 12:21am On Jan 16, 2010
yawa said:
google only hosts the jquery.js (the parent code). the jquery code you write/the jquery plug in you upload, is hosted on your site. google doesn't control your code, only the jquery.js code.

whats the difference between the two.

or i guess it is high time i started studying jQ and stop asking questions
Re: Jquery1.4 Released by yawatide(f): 1:33am On Jan 16, 2010
jquery code consists of 2 files, for the most part:
1) the jquery core/parent code, jquery.js and
2) the code you want to implement

#1 is what sets up the core of jquery (so instead of document.getElementById(), you do $())
#2 is your own code (so like $(lanbaba).animate(), where .animate() is defined as a core functin in #1)

#1 can exist without #2 but #2 cannot exist without #1.

Make sense?
Re: Jquery1.4 Released by lanbaba: 2:22am On Jan 16, 2010
make sense

i will definitely learn it when i am totally comfortable with my CSS.
i would love to use some already made script(copy and paste) for some animation on my website. how do i use such without learning JS or JQ. or how do i learn how to use such without learning JS or JQ.
Re: Jquery1.4 Released by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 16, 2010
@lanbaba i'd advise you not to ust implement those jquery effect but to learn them just read basic of javascript and basic of jquery after because sometimes having knowledge over stuffs gives u great ability to modify or adjust sumtins. cuz u'll still ask question if u jump the process
Re: Jquery1.4 Released by yawatide(f): 1:07pm On Jan 16, 2010
you don't need knowledge of js/jq to copy and paste/install an animation. All you need to know is how to understand the English behind the installation (seriously).

Having said that, I would listen to pc guru: learn at least the basics of javascript. This way, if something goes wrong, you at least know enough to make modifications. For example, what you install might have a red background but your site has a black background. Most of these scripts set certain attributes in the javascript, not css. With a knowledge of the css, provided it isn't obfuscated, you will know enough to go in and make changes.

good luck!

(1) (2) (Reply)

PR5 Money Exchange Website for SALE / Webmasters, What Is The Meaning Of This Mojang Message? / How Much Will It Cost To Design And Host And Run This Site..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.