Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) (25566 Views)

Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) / Sandra: From Gokada Driver To Uber Driver Courtesy Of Kokun Foundation (Pics) / Lady Mechanic, Mrs. Sandra Aguebor Gets Inspirational Award From Ambode (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Codedrock(m): 8:00am On May 25, 2017
Sandra Aguebor is the CEO and Founder of the Lady Mechanic initiative and Sandex Car care. It is true that in Nigeria women are gradually getting into corporate positions that men usually dominate in the past. However it is uncommon to see women who are professional car mechanics.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Egsk5otpNxY/WPaUtjvRHGI/AAAAAAAADoI/lRFm1VYZJdwFyQR2faLVIjQnGxJ4IwsZgCK4B/s640/Sandra-Aguebor.jpg[/img]

In Universities today, women like Sandra have dared to study male-dominated and practical courses.
Sandra Aguebor discovered her calling in her teenage years. She attributes her engineering talent to a divine encounter she had at 13.

“It all started through dreams, at the age of 13. I saw Jesus Christ teaching me how to fix cars in a series of dreams that lasted seven nights.”

Sandra Aguebor
Nigeria’s first lady mechanic had to face a host of challenges and setbacks from her male counterparts, family and the society at large. Somhow she channeled the obstacles as a source of motivation and positive energy.
Certain that this was what she wanted to do, Sandra gave engineering her best. She started working at a local garage during her secondary school days.

“I would get to school at 8 am and leave at 2 am. My overall was already in my school bag. From school, I would dash to the garage and work till 6 or 7 pm.”

In time she started working with the Nigerian Railway Corporation.
After 10 years, she became her own boss and established her own car garage which is still operational till date.
Sandra has been in the car repair business for 32 who years now.
Sandra Aguebor
Making a success out of her career, many could clearly see the lady was right when she chose the profession that most women would never even give a thought.

“For me to become the first female Nigerian mechanic, I had to work five times harder than men to prove myself. Now, many people don’t know my name, it’s ‘Lady Mechanic’ everywhere I go.”

Sandra showed her philanthropic side by reaching out to women in need. She assembled them all and enrolled them in her teaching classes.

In 2004, Sandra founded the Lady Mechanic Initiative. The organization specifically grooms women in the business of fixing cars. Thus, helps them to be employed and financially independent.
Another interesting detail of the trainees is that the some of them equally found the initiative to be a sort of therapy. Some of these women used to be commercial sex workers, victims of sex trafficking, school drop outs and financially incapacitated mothers/wives.
Sandra Aguebor
Records show that since 2004, Sandra has empowered and trained over 1 000 women in fixing cars under the Lady Mechanic Initiative programme across 5 Nigerian states.

“Our clients keep coming back – they prefer us because we are determined to be better than a lot of mechanics who take their job and their salary for granted,”

Sandra Aguebor has a vision that by the year 2025, she must have trained up to 100 000 ladies who would serve as pillars and pathfinders across several African communities.
- See more News Like This From Source Below
SOURCE: http://www.takemetonaija.com/2017/04/get-to-know-sandra-aguebor-nigerias.html#more

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by ZIKPHYSICS(m): 8:07am On May 25, 2017
FTC finally.

I love this great woman kudos

2 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by pyyxxaro: 8:09am On May 25, 2017

“It all started through dreams, at the age of 13. I saw Jesus Christ teaching me how to fix cars in a series of dreams that lasted seven nights.”

That's interesting

Let somebody shout HALELUYAA grin

28 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by sunnysunny69(m): 8:12am On May 25, 2017
Nice one, she was all over CNN sometime ago.

1 Like

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Partnerbiz(f): 8:18am On May 25, 2017
Make i hear say dey won't be servicing car and the owner of car cool
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by netbeans1(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
lipsrsealed

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Noblesoul123: 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
Let me book an appointment.

My body needs "servicing".

8 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by ehissi(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2017
Ride on sister...... grin

Making Edo proud...... wink

After them go say na only Italy na E our babes sabi ....... angry

Shame to bad belle people. ....... angry

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Alisegun(m): 9:56pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:56pm On May 25, 2017
Ecclesiastes 9:11

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

The lady took her time and chance. She is now a celebrated mechanic to the glory of God. First of her kind in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Tazdroid(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2017
Lovely.

But did she testify that "Jesus Christ taught her how to fix cars in a series of dreams?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by ekems2017(f): 9:57pm On May 25, 2017
What a man can do a woman can do it more better. Ride on madam
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by clems88(m): 9:57pm On May 25, 2017
Pls comma service me cheesy
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Micah360(m): 9:58pm On May 25, 2017
cool cool
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by gabazin080(m): 9:59pm On May 25, 2017
NotOfThis:
Kudos to her. What a man can do, a woman can do even better. cool
iffa eer.

woman fit piss inside coke bottle make piss no spill for ground

8 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 25, 2017
Kudos to her. What a man can do, a woman can do even better. cool

1 Like

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Ra88: 10:00pm On May 25, 2017
Interesting, not those lazy slay mamas and baby mamas
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Bede2u(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2017
It can only be Igbos or Yorubas. I swear, northeners are our collective problem

2 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by ajokeade920: 10:01pm On May 25, 2017
Nice eé
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Tenim47(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2017
even guys with bycicle wil continue patronising her jst 4 one thing grin
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 25, 2017

“For me to become the first female Nigerian mechanic"

undecided First female Nigerian mechanic? Ahan! Na lie nah.

Abeg, who has the picture of that lady mechanic from Delta or so? That black lady wey dey hustle? It was posted on nairaland months ago. Which kain lie be this?
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by updatesflow: 10:09pm On May 25, 2017
I hope some of our ladies learn from this instead of depending solely of guys to survive. Ladies see what daily glass of alcohol may cause you
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/ladies-daily-glass-alcohol-may-cause/
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by dtruth50: 10:09pm On May 25, 2017
ekems2017:
What a man can do a woman can do it more better. Ride on madam
whch kind beta? dey wil just try bt not beta

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Humility017(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2017
Bede2u:
It can only be Igbos or Yorubas. I swear, northeners are our collective problem

she is from Edo state...Mr tribalist

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by noeloge82(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2017
netbeans1:
lipsrsealed

This pic nawa o

3 Likes

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by AreaFada2: 10:30pm On May 25, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by pek(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2017
sunnysunny69:
Nice one, she was all over CNN sometimes ago.
sometime ago
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by juman(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2017
Nice
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by MaziUchea: 10:42pm On May 25, 2017
keep it up
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by Graciouscharis: 11:15pm On May 25, 2017
Orishirishi. If you truly know this woman and everything she represents, you'll spit and fart on this post and run out of this thread. Yeye female mechanic my foot. Mtchewwww
Re: Sandra Aguebor: Nigeria’s First Female Professional Mechanic(pics) by DexteryJoe(m): 11:23pm On May 25, 2017
did I c Jesus Christ? ,na Wah o, love her passion and drive sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Hope For Oracle Professionals In Nigeria? / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? / Photos Of A Female Painter In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.