Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? (30339 Views)

In What Business Can I Invest #1,000,000 And Get A Profit Of #4,000 Daily? / Which Business Can A Student Venture Into On Campus? / Which Business Can I Start As A Chemistry Graduate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Yoke(f): 1:31am On Sep 08, 2006
Start an office cleaning service, use the money to print flyers with your contact information and to buy cleaning supplies, hand them out at office buildings/plazas.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by freelance(m): 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2006
I think you should start selling VTU recharge cards,pure water business or a paid phone centre. you could start making gsm calls. All the best and God is your strength.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Mint(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2006
I remember when I was like 10years old my mother sent me one of those greetings cards from US that plays a christmas song when you open the card,

I use to charge a naira to let people play with it for a song or 2.

I'm sure this is not as thrilling now as it was then.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by orokedem(m): 12:20am On Jul 30, 2007
you can come to me for consultation, it just 20% of ur business money
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emmay(m): 11:51am On Jul 30, 2007
I think he can invest that 4000N in stocks, he can meet and talk with a trustworthy broker who can help him out, sooner or later he will be better off, i know what am talking about, what do you think?,
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Emmay(m): 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2007
I think this is possible because my broker stated with less than 4000N, (3000N) to be exact and now her shares are worth over 200,000N! so that amount CAN make him smile to the bank. i know what am talking about, just my opinion, THanks

======
Emmay
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by paddyman(m): 3:09pm On Jul 30, 2007
Start selling nespapers by identifying a good location near to the bus stop or road junction where there is slow movement of vehicles. Since your area is a conservative area they should be able to afford newspapers. And pls consider home/office delivery as well. I tell you the capital that you need is quite small but the return may surprise you, okay. Then you need God's grace to succeed as a first timer in biz. Good Luck.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Aik7(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2007
Kenflavor is my man of the year on this one HONESTLY!
Alternatively he can do a pay phone biz as long as he has a phone and if he remains prudent and committed he'll break even sooner or later atleast judgeing by a man with N4000 as capital investment.
Let GOD Bless and guide you!
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by shopkraft(f): 10:16am On Aug 24, 2007
Hello Everyone,

If the guy that posted this thread is still reading. I will like to drop a few hints. Money comes last whenever you want to start anything in life(I know a lot of people will think I'm a joker). But believe this, whenever there is a need to do something in life, go to the drawing board and dont think about the present situations. Just sit down, get a paper, pencil and think about what you can do. (thats the hard part, figuring out what to do). But once you figure it out, then list what you will need to get it done, then map a way to get those things to do your project. Beg, campaign, sell lolipops(just kidding), convince people to donate to your project, show them why they should, make a kraft and re-sell to people to raise money,

, ok, I'll give you an idea.

Business to do with $4000.
1. Open a checking/current a/c in Nigeria.
2. Put in N500. Give it a name, like yourname enterprises.
3. Come back to Nairaland.
4. Create a thread/topic
5. Call it Yourname messengers enterprises.
6. Solicit for business from Nairalands abroad who will like someone to go check on their house project and give honest feedback. Convince them why you're a better alternative to sending $100 to younger ones every 2wks.
7. Guys who will like someone to check on their girlfriend in Unilag and give feedback.
8. People sell land everyday so dumb they dont post pics, so solicit for business and check out these lands and post the pics to emails of those that pay for it. Use your bank a/c to collect your fees.
9. Just let everyone knows you're available on a pay per cycle kind of stuff and you'll be surprise how far this could go.
10. Maintain your intergrity of service and prove your reliability. Convince customers to leave feedback about your performance to encourage others to partronise you.
11. And don't piss Seun off so that you can continue using this free amazon website. You get the gist?
12. If you perform so well, maybe I can pay for a website for you, doesnt cost a lot when compare to the life it could change. Registering a domain, and setting you up on a 2year hosting a/c with your website still won't run up to $200(but thats because I know where to go). But I think you have a ready market here with Nairaland. You know its like Seun's got you your own amazon. The question is, are you up to the challenge. N4000 is just a peice of paper, YOU are the "real thing" YOU are what counts. The one thing that would make it work or make it a stillborn is you and how far you'll be willing to go. In my book, I am at my best when I'm at my lowest.

, My point is, the only thing that can limit you in life is the level of your own imagination. Money as powerful as it is, comes last as far as success goes. The Human mind is capable of whatever it can think of. Dont ever forget that.

, Above all, believe. Be prayerful.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Anio(f): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2007
Back to Seun's original question: There's a lot he can do with or without N4K!

When i was in school i used to sell birthday and success cards from my room in the hostel, someone next to me used to sell toast bread, another person braided hair, some sold cold minerals etc I know guys used to sell things as well. It's more the idea and being flexible about what you can do. He also has to consider his natural gifts, can he write articles, sing, play football etc.

Though i would advice that if he was on hols or school strike, he should get a job, menial, part-time, office whatever to raise more capital. Who says you need money to start a business, he can provide a service - If he has GCE results (which he must have to be in school), he can teach at expectant jambites lessons.

He would have more options with more money, possibilities are endless so i would advise he looks for a job meanwhile if he can't think of what to do. Aferall, time is money!

I know this post was started several months back, out of curiousity, Seun what did he eventually do? Or was he a hypothetical guy? grin
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by adebisi1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2007
Tell the guy to start buying recharge card and sale is very profitable
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by tobaaro(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2007
take part of d money 2 church 1st,
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by harizone(m): 10:38am On Aug 27, 2007
I am tired of all these 'stupid' answers (Pardon my french). What anybody should be posting are proven biz plans. There are thing out there that one can do for even less than 4k.

Why bother trying to make a fool out of a serious minded ignoramous

ciao
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by koladz(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2007
u can use it to start selling writing material such as biro,pencil,execise books file
smiley wink cheesy shocked kiss
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by bibiking1(m): 8:38am On Sep 16, 2007
maybe the dude who posted this thread originally doent hane the 4,000 naira anumore. But with all the silly ideas i've been seeing here i will have blown the money in despair if it was me. Can't we ever get serious around here?
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by madeonline(m): 5:41pm On Oct 15, 2007
Start a computer business!

Depending on your university/tertiary institution.

If there is constant power and systems are allowed in hostels.

Then meet your classmates and particularly thsoe who have strong believe in you and could give you jobs without asking how you are going to get it done.

Look for an existing computer service center and attempt to rent a system (perhaps your former boss's neighbours). Since you are an operator you must be fast at typing. Get the work done and print for far less depending on your bargaining power.

Deliver such work and expand your client base.

Continue with this trend until you could make your 4k up to 10k then go to compuer village in lagos and get a rickety comp assembled. Even if it is pentium two. It would serve your purpose.

I have written the above out of exeperience. I never owned a printer while in school but I lived on typing jobs. I had a rcikety pentium one and the will to survive with God being on my side too!

Best of luck!
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by madeonline(m): 8:21am On Oct 16, 2007
I went ahead to survey cost of P2 - p3 compuetrs overnight. It is now as low as 5k for those rickety ones.

I strongly believe you could start some sort of compuetr biz with your 4k.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by ruemu(m): 12:32am On Oct 17, 2007
In your neighborhood/ Church/ Mosque everyone uses mobile phones.
Just inform them with word of mouth not spending your cash on advert. to add to it you can print a banner but not necessary at startup.

Simply collect the Phones and contact me.
If u don't have an idea of the fault/problem not to worry just explain what the customer complains are and i'll give u an Idea of the cost of repair. Knowing that you're a middle man/ investor You'll get good discount.
i.e a fone that u charge 1500 to fix , Will be done for between N800 - N1000.

So if you start with 2phones you can get upto a 1500 return on your first trip.

Good Luck

Foneware systems 01897119
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by dafidixone(m): 1:16pm On Dec 27, 2007
From one of our members:
"I am a computer operator and I am jobless.

"Please I will like you to advise me, though I am jobless. I have 4,000.00 naira. I want you to advise me, , what business can I use the money for to generate more money?"

I don't know the answer to this question. Do you? What business can one start with just 4,000 naira?

I wish to respond to this fellow's aspiration. There may be no way known to man but to God nothing is impossible.

I wish yo intorduce this fellow to selling of a Liquid Laundary starch, Locally Produced, highly effective and well Packaged. It is packed to fit Corporate environment and other areas.

with just that you can invest you money and little effort, I guarantee you of making over 40% return. Should you have any interest, send me a mail to globalvilakoncept@yahoo.com.

Alternatively, you could start producing Plantain chips. I think this may not cost you more than that amount for a very humble begining. Man Look beyound every obstacle. I am a living testimony.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by payme(m): 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2007
yeah, i beleve 4k is small but never say that cos people have started with something around that figure and made something out of it, you said your are a computer engineer or operator, how about training others to do what you know how to do.it will only cost you a little space(which you can get in school) and money for fliers, my advise to you is , place the fliers in the right enviroment and make your fees low, that way you can grow till till the whole world knows dat no amount of money is too lil to sow, in business so,my guy go pick up your dough,

get paid
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by mayor4show(m): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2007
Seun,
He can star selling Recharge Cards At is house
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by eolutosin(m): 11:50am On Jan 02, 2008
Hi,
the first thing I will suggest is to do a quick check on the skills that you have. After this, then you must be ready to do the dirty job. The problem with starting a business is not capital but our attitude. I used to have a washerman who would come to the house to wash and iron our clothes. At the end of the month, he was being paid N4,000. This guy was so diligent and was even able to win my trust and those of my friends. Within months, the guy was offering the same service for other people. As I am writing this, the guy collects close to N40,000 on a monthly basis from this service.

So, the question is "are you ready to offer legitimate service?". Visit https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103100.0.html for some great business opportunities you may want to consider. Meanwhile, if you need help as regards starting and/or running a business, do visit http://www.eolutosin.com. All the best
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by EFOSAVAL(f): 2:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
bring that money let me use it for o grin grin grin

ode kissmumu grin
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by Toks2008(m): 11:20am On May 13, 2008
Hi,

There is this Airwick automatic air freshner my company just brought into the country. Manufactured by reckitt benckisser and people love the product.

With N4,000, you may not be able to start a very profitable business but i may be able to help you.

We normally sell the product with 2 refills for N4,500 and N3500 with one refill but if you register with us as a discount buyer withN2,000, you will be able to buy  the products for N3,700 and N3,000 respectively and make profits of 800 and 500 respectively when you resell.You also buy the refill for N900 and sell for N1,200. This means it takes a total of N5,000 or N5,500 to start this profitable business but i will waive the N2,000 registartion fee for you.

We also pay you commisions for introducing another marketter who registers with us. We pay you N500 on every one who registers as a discount buyer through you and another N500 on whoever the that person introduces to us then N1,000 on whoever this person also introduces to us.

This means if Mr A registers with N2000 through you to buy at a discount either for personal use or  for profit, you earn N500 comission.
Now Mr A brings Mr B to also register and you earn another N500.
Now if Mr B brings Mr C to register, this time you will earn N1,000.

So lets say 10 people registers with us through you, this gives you N5,000
Lets assume each these ten also reccomend the product to ten new people making a hundred, you earn another N500 on each regsitration totalling N50,000
If these 100 people also recommends this lovely product to ten each, these gives us 1000 users and you earn another N100 making N1,000,000 hence you earn a total sum of N1,055,000 as you also enjoy continuos fragrance in your home.

Product Details

AIRWICK FRESHMATIC® automatically air freshner keeps your bathroom, kitchen,  any room smelling fresh and clean!
• Has on and off switch and uses 3 time settings—9, 18, 36 minutes—to neutralize odours. Does not use electricity. Just hang and leave it.
• Comes complete with an X-PRESS™ Boost Button to deliver an extra boost of freshness
• Lasts for up to 60 days (on a 36 minute setting)
• Each refill can contains 2,400 Sprays
• Can be attached to the wall or placed wherever needed.
Fresh Scent Starter Kit includes one or two refills unit and 2 AA batteries.

Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by mooyguy(m): 8:59am On May 14, 2008
All these money making downlines when will people learn to stop wasting their money. i have invested in so many of them but they are all not worth it at all. somebody tell me which one is real an i will prove that person wrong.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by mooyguy(m): 9:02am On May 14, 2008
All these money making downlines when will people learn to stop wasting their money. i have invested in so many of them but they are all not worth it at all. somebody tell me which one is real an i will prove that person wrong. Dont waste your time my friend just go by the advice of teaching people what u know how to do --just make your fee low and before u know it little drops make an ocean.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by mooyguy(m): 9:07am On May 14, 2008
Internet money goes through the internet.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by jaybee3(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2008
dotmans12:

you can trade online fixed odds with that money, all you need is just ten dollars and an e-bullion account. At least that is what i do, and i think for a student it is still ok, but to be on the safer side you the the daily signals you can contact me on dotmans12@yahoo.com for your signals and help
asking him to trade with just 4k during an ever increasing turbulence in the financial market. uhm o ga ol
do u guys even know how to play markets? or perhaps understand what it's all about
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by iloveu(m): 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2008
u don't even need the money to start a biz in Nigeria. Nigeria is a free land u can do basically anything, what u need to do my brother is to look at your environment. find what people are lacking. fill in the need.

[A case study]
Home Teaching

you don't need any money to start this, all you need is boldness, approach parents in ur environment and offer to teach the children [primary or secondary depending on what u know you can handle]

they will even pay u in advance, if are able to convince up to 6 parent which is possible, you can now group them in a single place. if u do this u are already in money my brother.

calculations
6 parent have 2 kid each

you charge 300- 1000 per month[ depending on the environment you are staying. e.g children in Lekki and Agegunle will surely not pay the same amount for the same class grin

if u charge 500 per month

then you will have 500 x 12 kid = N6000 per month[ not bad for a start]

Advantages
1. if you are in the rich environment and you teach this children very well they will surely tell their parent that means what , CONNECTION, ] shocked

2. You will occasionally have gift from parent if you are nice with the children.

Sucess Rule
NEVER MESS UP WITH THE CHILDREN ESPECIALLY GIRLS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TROUBLE undecided

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TEACHING , TEACHER DON'T TEACH ME NONSENSE FELA

for more free business idea. contact : richguyintown@yahoo.com

If u find this useful pls send the 4000 to charity to lay a proper foundation for your business. the success of America today is because they are the greatest donor on earth.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by okonsbaba(m): 2:04pm On Jun 30, 2008
Go Start Playing BABA IJEBU with it. GOOD LUCK as u do that.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by albertini: 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2008
i was misearble job seeking graduate until i saw a business i can start with the amount you stated or even lower,depending on your knowlegde,i am an infoprenuer,and have been making money since i got this idea,i sell what i know that helps solve peoples unique problems,with,crediblity and trust added with efficiency.i make up to 15 thosand weekly through this means i just started awhile ago.i will highlight on this in subsequent post.
Re: What Business Can I Start With 4,000 Naira? by asamuel: 8:18pm On Jun 30, 2008
go and sell recharge cards for Starcomms.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria / Dangote Cement Plant Launched In Addis Ababa (photos) / Beware Of This Message Being Circulated By BVN Fraudsters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.