Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,589 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? (23757 Views)

Government owned Kidney transplant centres in Nigeria including cost / Please Help! How Do I Get Rid Of This Growth On My Wrist / HELP!! How Can I Get Rid Of The Keloid Scar On My Head? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by glosplendid(f): 12:36pm On May 27, 2017
Tboy1419:
I don tire for all this yoruba self, naso I wan go visit someone for tollgate at ibadan on my way going, I felt so tasty, then I saw a woman selling zobo, I asked her in english if its cold, I notice that the woman does not understand english, nah so I come ask her in (yoruba) in ibadan accent, that" mama, soboyin tutu, nah so d woman reply" orie lo buru, obo iyare loma gbona, iwo omo rada-rada yi, plz shey nah abuse I abuse d woman.
okay..buh this is not when your joke or whatever is needed..thanks

3 Likes

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by ireneidiva(f): 12:37pm On May 27, 2017
Tboy1419:
I don tire for all this yoruba self, naso I wan go visit someone for tollgate at ibadan on my way going, I felt so tasty, then I saw a woman selling zobo, I asked her in english if its cold, I notice that the woman does not understand english, nah so I come ask her in (yoruba) in ibadan accent, that" mama, soboyin tutu, nah so d woman reply" orie lo buru, obo iyare loma gbona, iwo omo rada-rada yi, plz shey nah abuse I abuse d woman.
Thirsty
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nigeriadondie: 12:37pm On May 27, 2017
Drink a lot of water
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by odimbannamdi(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2017
Chai...

i will never forget the night a church member came to our house holding the part of his body where one of his kidneys is located and was weeping like a baby.

The pain was terrible. When he got to the hospital, he was diagnosed with kidney stones. But i think he is well now. i will contact him to know how it went away.

I empathize with u bro. Just drink lots and lots and lots of water. Kidney stones are just precipitates of mineral salts out of the fluid that passes through the kidney. They just need lots of water to get dissolved.

You can manage the pain with painkiller drugs like Prec1ous rightly said.

It is well bro. You will come out of this. I will remember u in my prayers

1 Like

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
Go and see a doctor.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by donaldinho111: 12:39pm On May 27, 2017
what are the symptoms and whats signs do u feel?
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 27, 2017
10 Natural Remedies for Kidney Stones
by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM.
1. Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
The combination of lemon juice, olive oil, and raw apple cider vinegar is one of my favorites and, in my opinion, one of the most effective remedies for kidney stones and the discomfort they cause. At the first symptom of stone pain, mix 2 ounces of organic olive oil with 2 ounces of organic lemon juice . [ 2 ]
Drink it straight and follow with a 12-ounce glass of purified water. Wait 30 minutes. Then, squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon into 12 ounces of purified water, add one tablespoon of organic raw apple cider vinegar and drink. Repeat the lemon juice, water and apple cider vinegar recipe every hour until symptoms improve.
2. Uva Ursi
Uva ursi is a common folk remedy for kidney stones. Not only will it help discourage infection in the kidneys, but it may also help reduce discomfort and cleanse the urinary tract. According to some, 500mg three times a day is recommended for kidney stones. [ 3 ]
3. Dandelion Root
Organic dandelion root is a tool to cleanse the kidneys and support normal kidney function. [ 4 ] Taking up to 500 mg twice a day may be beneficial.
4. Kidney Beans
The shape of this bean may remind you of it’s healing potential. Kidney beans are an excellent source of magnesium, which helps reduce symptoms associated with kidney stones. [ 5 ] Traditionally the pods were used as a medicinal tonic. [ 6 ]
Try removing the beans from inside the pods, and then boil the pods in purified hot water for six hours. This liquid can be strained through cheese cloth, cooled and taken throughout the day for one day to ease kidney stone pain.
5. Horsetail
Horsetail tea is an effective, natural diuretic that helps you flush excess water and uric acid from your kidneys. [ 7 ] Drink up to 3-4 cups of horsetail tea daily or take 2 grams of the herb in capsule form daily.
6. Pomegranate Juice
We’ve all heard that pomegranates have many
health benefits . But, more specifically, the seeds and juice of pomegranates can be considered another natural remedy for kidney stones. [ 8 ] This may be related to their sour nature and astringent properties. I prefer to eat organic pomegranates and drink freshly-squeezed pomegranate juice.
7. Magnesium
Studies show that people with recurrent kidney stones who took magnesium supplements showed significant improvement in symptoms. [ 9 ]
Magnesium orotate is one of the best sources of magnesium. [ 5 ]
8. Organic Celery
Celery in vegetable form and celery seeds are great urine-promoters and kidney tonics. Regular use of celery seed as a spice or a tea may discourage kidney stone formation. [ 6 ]
9. Basil
Basil tea supports the kidneys and can be taken throughout the day for proper fluid, mineral, and uric acid balance. [ 10 ] If you have kidney stones, try taking one teaspoon each of basil juice with
raw honey daily for up to six months. Some believe that folk remedies with pure basil juice can help induce stone expulsion from the urinary tract.
10. Change in Diet
Unhealthy food is a primary cause of kidney stones. Cut down on the amount of soda and
energy drinks you consume. [ 11 ] Avoid processed food and alcoholic beverages. Add more fibrous fruits and veggies to your diet, especially those listed above. [ 5]
11. Bonus! Inversion Table
It sounds odd, but some research suggests using an inversion table can help pass stone fragments after extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy, in short, is when a targeted shock wave is sent through the body to break up stones. It seems that inversion therapy helps the body pass the broken stones. [ 12 ]
I also recommend reading the book “ The Green Body Cleanse” to learn how to select foods that support kidney health.
Remember, an ounce of maintenance is worth a pound of cure. I highly recommend that you keep your kidneys functioning normally by performing a kidney cleanse twice a year. Try Global Healing Center’s Kidney Cleanse Kit —a powerful combination of our very best supplements for supporting normal kidney health. Our kidney cleanse kit is formulated to detoxify, flush and purge the kidneys of built up toxins, kickstarting your natural healing mechanisms and promoting whole-body health.
N/B: this is not my handwriting
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by OdaNobunaga(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2017
dionysus7:
go see a doctor dammit! angry

grin you dey vex?
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by felixomor: 12:42pm On May 27, 2017
Ajehswag:
Any one here pls that have a solution or if youve gone through this same thing before plss . I want to know how i can get rid of the stones. The thing is now causing me pains in my left rib bones. Anyone plss

Go to the nearest teaching hospital and see a Urologist.
They need to investigate you to know the size and type of the stone.
That will tell them the best way to get rid of the stone.
You may need to modify your habbits
Such as taking more water
Eating less meats, fish etc
Depending on the stone type.

But first go see a Urologist.
No expert advice on the internet, can replace the assessment and examination you will get from the Urologist.

2 Likes

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nigeriadondie: 12:43pm On May 27, 2017
Drink a lot of water. I had kidney stones in 2014. The pain na die. I was scheduled to ve an appointment with d doctor to get it removed. But I was constitently drinking water which helped greatly to flush out d stone which passed out thru urine. It was a hard stony material.
Just get ready stay at home be drinking water like camel till ur belle full. That is what i did everyday except i know i am going to be in a place where i cant easily pee
Then buy mist pot citrate
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Epiczi(m): 12:43pm On May 27, 2017
Look for bell product distributor ,they have tea that ll flush d stone down ur penis within one week or call dis # 09021264819
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by yaki84: 12:48pm On May 27, 2017
[quote author=Ajehswag post=56918463]Any one here pls that have a solution or if youve gone through this same thing before plss . I want to know how i can get rid of the stones. The thing is now causing me pains in my left rib bones. Anyone plss[/quote

swallow small grenade, it will explode inside ur body den shatter the stones to pieces, later yu tek purging tablet wey u go shit am comot.

Remember SmALL GRENADE.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by othman11(m): 12:48pm On May 27, 2017
Drink 8 gallons of water daily.....come and thank me later
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by odimbannamdi(m): 12:49pm On May 27, 2017
Nigeriadondie:
Drink a lot of water. I had kidney stones in 2014. The pain na die. I was scheduled to ve an appointment with d doctor to get it removed. But I was constitently drinking water which helped greatly to flush out d stone which passed out thru urine. It was a hard stony material.
Just get ready stay at home be drinking water like camel till ur belle full. That is what i did everyday except i know i am going to be in a place where i cant easily pee

the stony material passed through the urethra of your p*nis?

1 Like

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Ryhzome: 12:49pm On May 27, 2017
hello, take a therapeutic dosage of Vitamin C at least 6 grams daily in divider dose about 2 hrs apart. the stones will be dissolved. rgds
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Ryhzome: 12:53pm On May 27, 2017
Read this link.You will be enlightened as to what Vitamin C can do. http://www.doctoryourself.com/kidney.html
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by oyienootieno: 12:54pm On May 27, 2017
@Op drink at least a can of Environ every 2 days for 2 weeks.. thank me later
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Turks: 12:57pm On May 27, 2017
Read up on CHANKA PIEDRA. Thank me later ☺️
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Deo27: 12:58pm On May 27, 2017
Watermelon is a fruit consumed for its delicious taste. It contains a lot of water and many vitamins, minerals and amino acids that are beneficial to our health.
What you might not know about watermelon is that its seeds can also be used to our advantage. Watermelon seeds are rich in proteins and compounds that help treat different diseases and diseases.
WATERMELON SEED TEA
Watermelon seeds are also rich in citrulline, which is a compound with excellent antioxidant properties. The seeds of watermelon help to dilate the blood vessels which is beneficial to treat:
Atherosclerosis
Hypertension
Angina pectoris
They serve to remove stones in the kidneys
Other Benefits We Can Obtain From Watermelon Seeds:
They serve to eliminate intestinal parasites
Serve as a natural laxative
Powerful diuretic action
Excellent source of energy and antioxidants
HOW TO PREPARE WATERMELON SEED TEA
Ingredients
2 liters of water
4 tablespoons of watermelon seeds
Preparation
1. The first thing to do is to grind the 4 tablespoons of watermelon seeds.
2. At step 2, we put to boil the two liters of water and we add the already ground seeds.
3. Finally, let it boil for 15 minutes.
How to use
Resulting tea will be consumed in the course of 2 days, taking several times a day. Following this, on the third day we proceed to rest without tea. Finally , after the rest you do at 3 days, you can start the cycle again by drinking tea for 2 more days, preparing a new dose with 2 liters of water and 4 tablespoons of ground watermelon seeds.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by drlaykay(m): 12:59pm On May 27, 2017
Donald3d:

No offense, but i think you maybe wrong about acidic fruits
There are different types of stones
If its "Calcium stone", I think its the acidic fruit that would actually help, like lemon or lime and water
I stand to be corrected
You are right, I was going to quote him but generally not interested in the topic since this place isn't an hospital..
Urine needs to be tested to know the type of stone. Different treatment for different stones.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 27, 2017
Ajehswag:
Any one here pls that have a solution or if youve gone through this same thing before plss . I want to know how i can get rid of the stones. The thing is now causing me pains in my left rib bones. Anyone plss

Drink lots of water force yourself drink as much as a full eva plastic daily... it dilutes the body's fluid system...

Go for a scan and get professional counselling.. Your life is worth more than mediocre counselling trust me..

Take plenty of vegetables and natural ( not processed ) fruits daily
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by ignis: 1:00pm On May 27, 2017
The only natural remedy I know is drinking lots of water and avoiding junk food.

@Op wishing you swift recovery.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by dahunsy(f): 1:01pm On May 27, 2017
Averted:
The only solution is Surgery and you need atleast 3million ..or Pray to God to show you mercy
coughs***clears throat#...people like u need to be locked behind bars for coming online n misleading people....3million to operate kidney stone? Guy see ur doctor...get ultra scan to determine the size of the stone..increase your fluid most especially water...u need lot of water to clean ur system it helps detoxify ur kidney or get mist potassium citrate ....but most especially see ur doctor
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 27, 2017
Ajehswag:

For the main time, stop/reduce your milk, yoghurt, butter intake to the barest minimum...

Start eating wheat regularly, either as swallow or in other forms..

I repeat stay away from milk...

You won't see this in journals online but cold water helps, drink plenty of cold water, cold water strips the body of calcium and this is helpful whether the kidney stones are induced by calcium formation or not... Chilled 7up or sprite is better..But drink water, keep drinking water,lots of it, force yourself to drink water and take plenty of oranges... if you apply the water theraphy consistently you may not need an operation ( depending on the status of the formation ) you need a scan to get professional analysis
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 27, 2017
Averted:
The only solution is Surgery and you need atleast 3million ..or Pray to God to show you mercy

Pls stop advicing people wrongly. See a urologist and follow his expert councell, some stones can be melted, some are so big it will require lithotripsy. Before then drink a lot of water, use buscopan to reduce spasms, use antibiotics to reduce chance of infection and be on an analgesic. KCL can also be used to attempt to melt the stone.

Till then:

Shun Ponzi Schemes,

Stay Hydrated,

Sgt Ponzi Hater.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by d33types: 1:06pm On May 27, 2017
Ajehswag:

Nairaland is the worst place you can go for health advice.you have to see a urologist.preferably in a teaching hospital.

There are different types of kidney stones and they have different approaches to management hence one person's solution will not work for you. Fruit juices will help for some types and will worsen other kind of stones.
Even if a person have the same type of stones with you but different size, treatment will differ.

Doctors spend upto 8yrs extra in becoming urologists for this condition and you're busy asking Nairalanders.

When your condition deteriorates to kidney failure, because of poor management you'll now be dropping account number up and down..learn ooo.my broda.

4 Likes

Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 27, 2017
Na all these kind thread I dey always avoid o. Cause wetin man nor know nor go kill am as long as person nor take excess of something and continue living his normal life.

Op go to the hospital and stop asking Nairalanders question.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by magnum247: 1:08pm On May 27, 2017
Take plenty of water and i also recommend kedi products.When mine happened,it seemed all hope was lost until God through kedi health products healed me.
Re: Help! How Can One Get Rid Of Kidney Stones? by shinebabe(f): 1:08pm On May 27, 2017
Ajehswag:

I have a product that can help you. Mail me using the mail in my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Do I Always Feel My Throat Smells? / October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer / Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.