Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra (674 Views)

For Bifra / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) / Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Biafra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by ToroGist(m): 11:36pm On May 27, 2017
BEING THE TEXT OF THE SPEECH OF HIS EXCELLENCY, ACTING PRESIDENT YEMI OSINBAJO, SAN, AT THE COLLOQUIM ON BIAFRA: 50 YEARS AFTER ORGANISED BY YAR’ ADUA FOUNDATION ON 25TH MAY, 2017.

"GREATER TOGETHER THAN APART".
The conveners of this event, the Yar’ Adua Memorial Centre, the Ford foundation and the Open Society initiative West Africa, have done us an enormous favour by offering us
the platform for this profoundly important conversation. They deserve our deep gratitude for this opportunity for individual and collective introspection.

Introspection is probably what separates us from beasts. That ability to learn from history is perhaps the greatest defense from the avoidable pain of learning from experience, when history is a much gentler and kinder teacher. Indeed, the saying experience is the best teacher, is incomplete, the full statement of that Welsh adage is that experience is the best teacher for a fool. History is a kinder and gentler teacher.

I was ten years old when my friend in primary school then, Emeka, left school one afternoon. He said his parents said they had to go back to East, war was about to start. I never saw Emeka again. My aunty Bunmi was married to a gentleman from Enugu, I cannot recall his name. But I recall the evening when my parents tried to persuade her and her husband not to leave for the East. She did, we never saw her again.

I recall distinctly how in 1967, passing in front of my home on Ikorodu road almost every hour were trucks carrying passengers and furniture in an endless stream heading east. Many Ibos who left various parts of Nigeria, left friends, families and businesses, schools and jobs. Like my friend and aunty some never returned! But many died. The reasons.........................

CONTINUE READING HERE;
http://latestinfoandmore..com.ng/2017/05/why-we-need-biafra-in-nigeria-speech.html
Re: Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by whitebeard(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2017
oya biafrans shake body..;;

gerrara here mehn..!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by whitebeard(m): 11:38pm On May 27, 2017
oya biafrans shake body..;;

gerrara here mehn..!
Re: Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by mKc9ET(m): 11:44pm On May 27, 2017
We Biafrans dont give F word about that
Re: Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by Lanretoye(m): 11:55pm On May 27, 2017
my tab is not showing the part where osinbajo said we need biafra.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Finally Submits, Says We Need Bifra by Victornezzar: 12:49am On May 28, 2017
U can't even spell

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Dangote And Otedola At Lagos At 50 Gala Night / Governor Wike And His Arrogant Social Media Soldiers / Senate Passage Of PIB Bill Has Heavy Unproductive Costs — Onovo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.