Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,997 members, 7,952,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:43 AM

Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com (631 Views)

Edo State Government Finally Demolishes APC Youth Leader’s Hotel / Kwara Government Demolishes Saraki's Popular Family House "Ile Arugbo" / Why Edo Governor Obaseki Slept At UN Conference – Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by Nobody: 3:55am On May 28, 2017
Edo Government on Thursday commenced the demolition of buildings with unapproved plans with the demolition of a shopping complex in Benin worth about N800 million. According to the government, the complex housing 218 lock-up shops was constructed in contravention of the approval plans issued by the government. Gov. Godwin Obaseki, recently warned that as part of its urban renewal plan, illegal structures and buildings with unapproved government plan would be demolished. In line with plan, the government relocated all motor parks from the city centre (Ring Road) a forthnight ago. The government also commenced removal of illegal structures within the precinct of the city centre. The shopping complex, owned by Chief Osamede Adun, a chieftain of the ruling party, All Progressives Congress is located on Mission road. Adun is a popular transporter and politician who was special adviser on Protection of Government Property to former Gov. Lucky Igbinedion. Adun described the action of the governor as “executive rascality and victimisation.’’ He alleged that he had all the necessary documents from the government that granted approval for the construction of the shopping mall. “I do not want to engage the government in any fight; I have government approval for the building. “I wonder why the same government will now turn around to demolish the building it granted approval. “I spent over N800 million on the building; all I want is for the right thing to be done,” he added. When contacted for his reaction, the Chief Press Secretary (Interim), to the governor, Mr John Mayaki, expressed the commitment of the government to enforce physical and town planning laws in the state. He said: “On the building demolished along mission road which had about 150 shops, the structure for which the owner sought the government approval was at variance with what was erected. “In other words, the structure which was built was in contravention of what was approved. “Before the demolition, notices were served, which have since expired. “As you may be aware, nobody is above the law, neither is anyone’s interest bigger than that of the public. “No parking space was provided for owners of would be shops at the property; there was no parking space for those who would go there to shop.” NAIJ.com reports that Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki reportedly ordered the sack of Mr Braimah Gabriel Ohioma, a staff of Michael Imoudu College of Physical Education, Afuze. Ohioma was allegedly sacked for testifying at the Edo state Governorship Election Petitions Tribunal at Benin City.

Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by BlackDBagba: 3:56am On May 28, 2017
Why ?
Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by anitapreeti(f): 4:05am On May 28, 2017
Pay back time.....
Only God knows the real reason. Politicians! undecided
Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by softmind24: 4:10am On May 28, 2017
Where is the shopping mall pics
Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by Nobody: 4:23am On May 28, 2017
' unapproved plans '

say no more....
gone are the days of nepotism

God pls bless Buhari.

i know you love Nigeria, main reason you have given him to us.... pls do not take him now

drabeey was HERE
Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by izzou(m): 4:42am On May 28, 2017
Its only in Nigeria that you are permitted by the government to build, and after few years,that same government comes back to demolish it

For God's sake,they have been collecting dues,charges,taxes and the rest on that building. Why wasn't it tagged illegal then?

Re: Edo Governor Demolishes APC Chieftain's N800 Million Shopping Complex- Naij.com by adadike281(f): 5:36am On May 28, 2017
Wicked people everywhere!

(1) (Reply)

Greetings To All Biafrans On Nairaland / My Relationship With Buhari - Bukola Saraki Opens Up / Igbo Quit Notice: Igbo Youth Avengers Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.