Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria (2303 Views)

Lazy Youth Party (LYP): Photos / Join Nigeria Youth Party Movement /platform / Let’s Build An Unstoppable Force, MDP - Nigeria's ‘youth Party’ Tells Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by AnnaKareninaFan: 5:08am On May 29, 2017
A new political association, Youth Party, has been formed by some individuals and groups in Nigeria. According to the association's mission, "We intend to develop and improve the standard of living of all Nigerians. The Youth Party believes in service-oriented political leadership for a New Nigeria.We believe in politics of reason and reform as against anger and populism. We espouse transparent political leadership and followership that eschews money politics, bribery, violence, 'anyhowness', 'short termism', repression and corruption.

"Youth Party is dedicated to forging unity and serving Nigerians by adhering to genuine democratic values. Nigerian Youth have shown exceptional capacity in several areas of public affairs and private business. Nigerian youth have also taken a keen interest in the government and affairs of their fatherland. [b]However, the political space is too restrictive for the Nigerian youth to play a leading role in politics. [/b]Youth Party seeks to change the status quo and shape the future with the support and participation of all Nigerians: united under a common goal for the advancement of a New Nigeria."

The association's website is www.youthpartyng.com. There are unconfirmed reports that socio-political analyst Japhet Omojuwa is one of the founding members of the Youth Party. In February 2017, Omojuwa had in his column in PUNCH newspaper written that: " If you are used to social media, I can bet you must have either participated in or at least observed conversations around the idea of young people coming to form a “Youth Party.” The “Youth Party” thing is one form of idealism amongst young people that refuses to give way to reality. We genuinely believe that because a group is made of “youths,” it’d somehow do much better than all the PDPs and APCs of this world."

http://dawntodusknews.com/youth-party-debuts-nigeria/

Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by madridguy(m): 5:10am On May 29, 2017
Following...
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:13am On May 29, 2017
APC Youth Party

grin grin grin grin

Omojuwa should not have put his name or face to it...nothing credible will come out of it.

@dollarcoolcat grin grin grin grin we are not judging him ooo

1 Like

Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by dollarcoolcat(m): 5:16am On May 29, 2017
Don't judge him by saying he also once ate aisha's rice, many peo blindly supported the movement to boot GEJ out of aso rock.
Ths initiative is long overdue, if properly back up youths can storm into power and transform ths country in2 our taste.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by sleemfesh: 5:21am On May 29, 2017
Omojuwa?
Are you guys kidding?
Forget it.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew.

1 Like

Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by segebase(m): 5:24am On May 29, 2017
kv
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by azimibraun: 5:24am On May 29, 2017
DOA.... The disagreements and tribalistic jabs on NL is just a perfect example of how anything can be in Nigeria when it requires different ethnic nationalities working together. I hope the founders of the party know the Ipob youths won't buy into it; They are seeking something bigger and it's called Biafra. Their own nation and their minds are made up on that. The earlier this point is made clear the better.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by azimibraun: 5:41am On May 29, 2017
dollarcoolcat:
Don't judge him by saying he also once ate aisha's rice, many peo blindly supported the movement to boot GEJ out of aso rock.
Ths initiative is long overdue, if properly back up youths can storm into power and transform ths country in2 our taste.
As a young Man myself, I would want to ask what has this government not done for the Nigerian youth that we seek to form a party to achieve ? Have we demanded our rights and they have not been granted? What outstanding achievements have the youths in government made that gives us the mindset of taking it all and getting it right? Do we know a group of young Nigerians are currently slaughtering the past, present and future of Kogi state? I know it's a generalised statement but the Nigerian youth is clearly not ready for leadership. We lack futuristic traits, we are crazy about luxurious things, we are not ready to work. We argue too much, disagree a lot and are too busy with mobile phones and the internet for the wrong reasons. We are not developmental. We are kings and queens of shortcut. We don't fear the devastation failure will bring as a result of our unplanned actions, we are extreme pragmatists and we are a big danger to ourselves. We need to learn more, work more and seek more wisdom and above all have a significant number of shiny examples of good youth leadership. A country of 180million pointing to about 10 thousand youth as successful in leadership is unacceptable. Even when we know 5thousand out of the 10 are " My papa put me dia" not too many grass to grace youth leaders. Don't confuse leadership with success in an endeavour please. We are talking leadership not how much money you have doing music, comedy or movies.

1 Like

Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by olujastro: 6:03am On May 29, 2017
These current youths wey their eyes dey shine for any kind of money(whether legit or illegit) pass their parents own?
I've always insisted that the problem of Nigeria is that the majority of the populace are dishonest and this dishonesty cuts across all ages, whether young or old.
Who snatches phones & bags from people? - the youths.
Who scams others online and offline? - the youths.
Who helps politicians to rig elections - the same youths.

If there is one reason why I wouldn't want to return to Nigeria from this largely honest land, it's because I think I'm not qualified to live in a country where virtually everyone claims to be a sharp guy with what I call negative smartness. Time will fail me to roll out all the shocking levels of honesty I've experienced here.

Honest people don't steal, loot, defraud and cheat others, and if the society is filled with dishonest people across all age brackets then there's a high probability of getting dishonest public officials and leaders because people don't fall from the sky. The same fate will befall the so-called biafra.
We all must change our ways if we expect a better country. Shikena
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by azimibraun: 6:12am On May 29, 2017
olujastro:
G
Typical Naija youth. Shortcut na our way. Oversharpness. You never ready to comment you don book space keep. When you see the direction wey dey conversation dey go den you go do cut and join contribution from other people comments. I see you bro... I know thee.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by olujastro: 6:28am On May 29, 2017
azimibraun:
Typical Naija youth. Shortcut na our way. Oversharpness. You never ready to comment you don book space keep. When you see the direction wey dey conversation dey go den you go do cut and join contribution from other people comments. I see you bro... I know thee.
I only comment here on issues dear to me because I have a lot of sense to make and I would like it to reach a wider audience on front page.
Has anyone posted along my line of thoughts so far?
Do not quote me next time if you have nothing of value to contribute to a topic.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by Oba22: 6:33am On May 29, 2017
The only youth party in Nigeria today is KOWA party. Quote me anywhere.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:43am On May 29, 2017
A welcome development though the party that I believe will meet the aspirations of not just young people but the entire Nigerians including PLWD and Women is already in the offing.
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:55am On May 29, 2017
Omojuwa should go and hide with his nonsense youth party
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by 3mmanhu3l(m): 6:56am On May 29, 2017
I'm sorry to say this, they WONT go far...... I know you know what I mean.... It's our unfortunate reality
Re: 'Youth Party' Debuts In Nigeria by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 6:57am On May 29, 2017
Let's watch and see how it goes

(1) (Reply)

SE&SW ZONE HAVE THREE STATES EACH IN NEW ZONE ORDER AND THE NATION IS 8 ZONES... / How Bala Usman MD Ports Authority Sidelined Atiku In Pmb Led Apc Government / Anambra Poll: Why Obiano Is Afraid Of Dr Nwoye, APGA Voyage Of Illusion ( Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.