Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

The Vulture Question - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Vulture Question (635 Views)

Has The Nigerian Vulture Gone Extinct? / Vulture Delivers Letter To Monarch In Akwaibom/ Orders Him To Vacate Throne / Vulture ‘Delivers’ Letter To Akwa Ibom Monarch To Quit Throne (2) (3) (4)

The Vulture Question by CyberGypsy(m): 7:43am On May 29, 2017
Yoruba(s) believe that when you say you ate a Vulture(even when you didn't eat one) something and something might happen - My mum will say people will use it against such individual.

Here is my question. Is it applicable to all tribes as the Yorubas sees it as a taboo? What are the punishment an individual who ate a vulture (and still boast about it) is likely to face from terrestrial powers?

PS: I have not ate one before am just curious to know, and if you have vital information please do well by commenting below.
The Older ones on NL are needed here the most, mention anyone who are old and experience . Thanks

I remain A Gypsy !
Re: The Vulture Question by gede7744(f): 7:53am On May 29, 2017
l think Yorubas belief that vulture is a bird that lives long so if you eat it you may not die untimely

on the other hand, they also believed if you kill it you wouldn't live up to a year so how do you eat it without killing it first

confusing abi?

that's all l know about vulture issue
Re: The Vulture Question by CyberGypsy(m): 8:02am On May 29, 2017
gede7744:
l think Yorubas belief that vulture is a bird that lives long so if you eat it you may not die untimely
on the other hand, they also believed if you kill it you wouldn't live up to a year so how do you eat it without killing it first ?
confusing abi?
that's all l know about vulture issue

wow! just hearing this for the first time! shocked

thanks ..

Bro. Seun also might have something to say! Bro. Seun !
Re: The Vulture Question by Marlvin(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2017
CyberGypsy:

wow! just hearing this for the first time! shocked

thanks ..

Bro. Seun also might have something to say! Bro. Seun !

Excuse me; about your siggy, the word is save' not safe

The Fraudulent And False Representation Of Igbo Spirituality / Eze Ndigbo In China Remains Arrives Nigeria Today / American Government Sponsoring Their Citizens To Study Yoruba In UI. (video).

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9