Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ramadan Reminders!!! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Reminders!!! (3140 Views)

Daily Islamic Reminders. / Islamic Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
On authority of Abi mutawwakil that aba hurayrah radiyallaahu anhu and his companions used to seat in the mosque whenever they fast and they say : "we (seek to) Make our fasting pure"

Related by ibn hazm in al-muhalla 6/179

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2017
DA'EEF ḤADEETH

Prophet Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam said: "The sleep of a fasting person is worship."

Grade of narration: WEAK (Sh. al-Albānī).

[ضعيف الجامع الصغير ٥٩٧٢]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
On the authority of Abu hurayrah radiyallaahu anhu:

A man came to the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, and he said, oh messenger of Allaah I ate and drank in forgetfulness and I am fasting so he(the prophet) said,"Allaah has fed you and given you to drink"

It was authenticated by Al-albaani in sahih Abi daawud no: 2398....

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
Further explanation on the above hadeeth:

(Allaah has fed you and given you to drink)

The prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said; whoever breaks fasting (before its proper time) in the month of Ramadan forgetfully, there is no "qadoo'u" on him neither is there "kaffarah"...

Al-albaani declared its chain to be hasan in sahih ibn khuzaima no: 1990

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by budosky(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
Demmzy15:
angry
Kindly change d topic to "Reminders" remove d "a".
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 9:11am On Jun 08, 2017
oh our lord! we have heard a proclaimer calling towards faith, (saying ) "Believe in your lord" so we have accepted faith. Our lord! therefore forgive our sins, and wipe out our evil deeds and let us die among the righteous. Q3-193.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2017
A Non Muslim came to a Muslim and asked: Why is it Not Permissible in Islam for a Woman to shake hands with a Man The Muslim said: Can you shake hands with the Queen The Non Muslim said: Of course not, there are only certain people who can shake hands with the Queen. The Muslim then replied: Our Women are Queens and Queens do not shake hands with strange men. Then the Non Muslim asked another Question: Why do your women cover up their bodies The Muslim smiled and got two sweets, he opened the first one and kept the other one closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor and asked the Non Muslim: If I asked you to take one of the sweets from the floor,which one will you take The Non Muslim replied: The covered one of course The Muslim said: That's how we treat and see our women,,,,. The Non Muslim then asked: Show me God if he exists. The Muslim Replied: Look straight into the Sun Non muslim Replied: I Can't see, the Rays are hurting my eyes. The Muslim Said: If you can't look at the Creation of God then how will you be able to Look at the Creator Lastly the Non Muslim invited the Muslim to his house and gave him some Grapes, the Muslim ate them, then the Non Muslim offered him a cup of wine, the Muslim refused, the Non Muslim asked him how come you Muslims are forbidden to drink wine and yet you eat grapes, although the wine comes from grapes The Muslim Replied: Do you have a daughter, He said yes. The Muslim asked him could you marry her. The Non Muslim said no, the Muslim said SubhanAllah, you marry her mother and can't marry her although she came from her too. A must read please .... Awesome message!... feel proud to be a muslim, treasure it and preserve the great gift of Imaan which Allah s.w.t has blessed you with. Please share this simple yet very educational message with All your Muslim and Non Muslim friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 7:54pm On Jun 10, 2017
Reported by al-Bukhaari (813) and Muslim (1167) from Abu Sa‘eed al-Khudri who said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) observed i‘tikaaf during the first ten days of Ramadan, and we observed i‘tikaaf with him. Then Jibreel came to him and said: “What you are seeking is ahead of you.” So he observed i‘tikaaf during the middle ten days, and we observed i‘tikaaf with him. Then Jibreel came to him and said: “What you are seeking is ahead of you.” So the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) stood up and addressed us on the morning of the twentieth of Ramadan and said: “Whoever observed i‘tikaaf with the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), let him come back, for I was shown Laylat al-Qadr then I was caused to forget it. Verily it is in the last ten nights, on an odd-numbered night, and I saw myself prostrating in mud and water.” The roof of the mosque was made of palm leaves, and we had not seen anything in the sky, but then a cloud came and it rained, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) led us in prayer until I saw the traces of mud and water on the forehead of the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and the tip of his nose, in fulfilment of his dream.

*Ramadan is passing by really quickly. It's been two weeks now.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Alennsar:
A Non Muslim came to a Muslim and asked: Why
is it Not Permissible in Islam for a Woman
to shake hands with a Man
The Muslim said: Can you shake hands with the
Queen
The Non Muslim said: Of course not, there are
only certain people who can shake hands with the
Queen.
The Muslim then replied: Our Women are Queens
and Queens do not shake hands with strange
men.
Then the Non Muslim asked another Question:
Why do your women cover up their bodies
The Muslim smiled and got two sweets, he
opened the first one and kept the other one
closed. He threw them both on the dusty floor
and asked the Non Muslim: If I asked you to take
one of the sweets from the floor,which one will
you take
The Non Muslim replied: The covered one of
course
The Muslim said: That's how we treat and see
our women,,,,.
The Non Muslim then asked: Show me God if he
exists.
The Muslim Replied: Look straight into the Sun
Non muslim Replied: I Can't see, the Rays are
hurting my eyes.
The Muslim Said: If you can't look at the Creation
of God then how will you be able to Look at the
Creator
Lastly the Non Muslim invited the Muslim to his
house and gave him some Grapes, the Muslim ate
them, then the Non Muslim offered him a
cup of wine, the Muslim refused, the Non Muslim
asked him how come you Muslims are forbidden
to drink wine and yet you eat grapes, although
the wine comes from grapes
The Muslim Replied: Do you have a
daughter, He said yes. The Muslim asked him
could you marry her.
The Non Muslim said no, the Muslim said
SubhanAllah, you marry her mother and can't
marry her although she came from her too.
A must read please ....
Awesome message!... feel proud to be a muslim,
treasure it and preserve the great gift of Imaan
which Allah s.w.t has blessed you with.
Please share this simple yet very
educational message with All your Muslim and
Non Muslim friends.

"Ramadan reminders"
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2017
AbdelKabir:

"Ramadan reminders"
m sorry but I don't really know where to paste dat and I feel like sharing it.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Alennsar:

m sorry but I don't really know where to paste dat and I feel like sharing it.

You can use this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/3276590/what-done-improve-today-daily/35

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 9:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Bilal Philips Dear Brothers and Sisters, the month of Ramadan should not be a month of feasting but instead a month of fasting. Let us remember this while sitting for suhoor (the dawn meal) and at the time of iftaar (breaking the fast). Although it is important to take care of our health during these days of fasting, we must focus on the sublime principle of moderation, which Islam commands inside and outside of the fast. For, excesses of overeating, staying up all night in play, and over sleeping are contrary to the teachings of Islam.

#copied#

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
ZAKAATUL-FITR (CHARITY AT END OF RAMADAAN)

Praise be to Allaah and blessings of Allaah be upon His Messenger and Chosen Prophet.

It should be understood that there is a difference between Zakaatul-fitr which is given at the end of Ramadaan and Zakaah on one’s wealth.

Zakaatul-fitr is obligatory for every Muslim to be paid on his own behalf and on behalf of those on whose maintenance he is obliged to spend, if he has wealth surplus to his and his dependents needs for the day and night of Eid: one saa‘.

It also has nothing to do with what a person owns of wealth, property or cars because he pays Zakaatul-fitr on his own behalf and on behalf of the people on whom he is obliged to spend.

Like I said earlier, Zakaatul-fitr is obligatory upon every Muslim who is self-supporting, if he has one saa’ or more than he needs of food for himself and his family on the day and night of Eid.

The basis for that is the report narrated from Ibn ‘Umar who said:

“The Messenger of Allaah enjoined Zakaatul-fitr, a saa’ of dates, or a saa’ of barley, upon all the Muslims, slave and free, male and female, young and old, and he commanded that it be paid before the people went out to pray.” Agreed upon; this version was narrated by Al-Bukhaari.

And Abu Sa’eed Al-Kubra narrated: “We used to pay Zakaatul-fitr when the Messenger of Allaah was alive, a saa’ of food or a saa’ of dates or a saa’ of barley or a saa’ of raisins or a saa’ of dried yoghurt.” Agreed upon.

It is acceptable to give a saa’ of the local staple food such as rice etc.

What is meant by a saa’ here is the saa’ of the Messenger of Allaah, which is four times the amount that may be held in the two hands of a man of average build.

If a person does not pay Zakaatul-fitr, he is sinning, and he has to make it up.

May Almighty Allaah accept our fasting as an act of worship.

<<Aboo Mardiy Ath-thaqoofiy>>

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 9:06pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have a question about zakatul fitr

I am not exactly sure how to word it but say a person who isn't obligated to pay zakatul fitr does so but the one who is obligated to pay still pays on the other persons behalf. What happens then? Whose zakah is likely to be accepted and whose payment is charity *especially considering that you cannot do/give reward of deeds to a person that is alive*
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
To all my brothers and sisters. Please make this holy month be a month not only to pray to request or pray because you will be rewarded from praying. But pray because this is the right thing to do and reflect on the small things that Allah has bestowed upon us. Big or small, there is no greater or less in Allah's blessings. All things must be thanked for. We do fasting to make us realize that we are nothing without Allah.
#copied#
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ask a scholar
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 9:14pm On Jun 10, 2017
Just did.

Thanks.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2017
Make this Ramadan different. For every ayat that you read in the Quran, stop for a moment and ponder over what Allah has to say, and act upon it. For example, when Allah’s Names and attributes are described, use those names to invoke Him and make dua.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ramadan isn’t just for the pure ones, it’s for the broken ones, the ones who have found themselves so far from faith, the ones who have forgotten the beauty of Islam. It’s for everyone, to find themselves in this beautiful month, to let go of what’s keeping them from seeing the real beauty of this religion. And even if it’s only for 30 days, I pray that your soul is deeply touched by its beauty.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
Alennsar:

Ramadan isn’t just for the pure ones, it’s
for the broken ones, the ones who have found
themselves so far from faith, the ones who have
forgotten the beauty of Islam. It’s for everyone,
to find themselves in this beautiful month, to let
go of what’s keeping them from seeing the real
beauty of this religion. And even if it’s only for
30 days, I pray that your soul is deeply touched
by its beauty.

Jazakallahu Khyran.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2017
Mofpearl:

Jazakallahu Khyran.
wa iyyaki

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2017
Al-Qadr(destiny)

Translation
in the name of Allah, the most gracious, the most merciful.
1. Lo! we have revealed it (the Qur'an) on the night of destiny.
2. And what could made you know what it is, the night of destiny.
3. The night of destiny is better than a thousand months.
4. In it the angels and the spirit descend by their Lord's permission with all his decrees;
5. (That night is) peace, until the rise of dawn.

This surah describes the night of power. this is generally understood to refer to the night of the first revelation of the Quran. it is believed to be of the odd-numbered nights within the last ten days of Ramadan.

This night of destiny has great spiritual importance.it is a night of peace when the angels including spirit (understood to be jubril or divine inspiration) descend with Allah's permission to carry out his instructions.

The night is described as better than a thousand nights.
therefore every Muslim is advised to increase his act of worship(prayer, meditation, reading of the Quran) on those days and nights of Ramadan so that on the night of destiny, whenever it comes , he will have a multiple rewards.

may Allah make it easy for us.
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 11:55am On Jun 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
2/3 of Ramadan have passed. I am sorry to say, some of us won't witness the last 10 days, because for some of us, we will return to our Lord.

Are you happy with the way you have spent the past 20 days? Are you happy with what you have put forth?
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 4:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
^^

Made me go shocked shocked shocked but it's the truth.

Are we supposed to answer that question or is it for us to reflect?
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2017
cheesy

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by F00028: 5:33am On Jun 18, 2017
"When you offer any sadaqah to a beggar
do it with HUMILITY AND RESPECT
for what you are offering is
AN OFFER TO ALLAH."

-Abu Bakr Siddique (r.a)
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
Q: Is it better to give in charity in the last ten days of Ramadaan, or to spend the nights of those days in prayer and dhikr which is the only special thing about those nights?.

A:
Praise be to Allaah.
What was narrated from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning staying up at night during the last ten nights of Ramadaan is that those nights should be spent in prayer and dhikr.

Charity during Ramadaan is better than charity at other times, but we do not know of anything in the Sunnah to indicate that giving charity in the last ten days is better.

But the scholars stated that righteous deeds are better when done at times of virtue, and undoubtedly the last ten nights of Ramadaan are better than any other nights, because Laylat al-Qadr is among them, which is better than a thousand months.

Whatever the case, what is prescribed for the Muslim is to give a great deal of charity throughout Ramadaan. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was the most generous of people and he was at his most generous during Ramadaan. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6; Muslim, 2308

And Allaah knows best.

Source: Islamqa
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 3:21am On Jun 19, 2017
Upon the authority of Wāthilah Ibnil Asqa’ from the Prophet (ﷺ) who said:

“The scrolls of Ibrāhīm were revealed on the first night of the month of ramadhān, and the taurāt was revealed on the 6th day of Ramadhān. The Injīl was revealed on the 13th day of Ramadhān and the zaboor on the 18th day of Ramadhān and the Qur’ān was revealed on the 24th of Ramadhān”

(Collected by Tabarāni and Baihaqi and declared ‘Hasan’ by Shaikh Al Albāni in Sahīhul Jāmi’ (1497))
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by F00028: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
THE LAST LAP OF RAMADAN

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Importance Of Jumuah Friday Prayer / Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi: Shia Or Sunni? / Less Than 60 Days To Ramadan: Have You Paid Your Missed Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.