Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Ramadan Reminders!!! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ramadan Reminders!!! (3110 Views)

Daily Islamic Reminders. / Islamic Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2017
As Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

I decided to create this thread so as we can all post beneficial stuffs concerning Ramadan. Fatwa, virtues, etc can be posted here so that it could be easily accessible for those who are willing to gain instead of digging deep into other threads.

Please this is strictly for Ramadan!

Cc AbdelKabir, Mofpearl, FriendNG, Rilwayne001 fundamentalist, Newnas, Rabiushile04, abuhammaad, carinmom, udatso, nisai, haffaze777 et al!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:30pm On May 29, 2017
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:31pm On May 29, 2017
Why do Muslims fast?

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 29, 2017
Demmzy15:
Why do Muslims fast?

So that we may become pious, as Allaah said;

Oh ye who believe fasting has been written for you just like how it was written for those before you so that you become pious...

So scholars have said that, if you have a bad habit you want to drop and you continue doing it after Ramadan, suspect your fasting if you did it well and fulfilled its conditions....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:36pm On May 29, 2017
AbdelKabir:

So that we may become pious, as Allaah said;

Oh ye who believe fasting has been written for you just like how it was written for those before you so that you become pious...

So scholars have said that, if you have a bad habit you want to drop and you continue doing it after Ramadan, suspect your fasting if you did it well and fulfilled kys conditions....
You can post that "Ramadan Mubaraq" post here too!
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:40pm On May 29, 2017
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by FriendNG: 1:43pm On May 29, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 29, 2017
✒ Better Than Slaughtering Ten She-Camels

دعاءك لوالدك في صلاة التراويح أو صلاة التهجد أفضل بكثير من أن تذبح له عشر

ash-Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen Raḥimahullāh said:

“Your supplication for your father (parents) in Tarāweeḥ prayer or the prayer of Tahajjud is FAR BETTER than you slaughtering 10 she-camels for him.”

● [لقاء الباب المفتوح ١١٥]

Listen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CtwIRnEqNk

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 29, 2017
FriendNG:

That No: 21 is subject to further discussion, I answered a question concerning it yesterday on a thread, I said:

AbooUthaymeen:
Wa alaykum salaam, whenever this question is asked people are quick to quote this hadeeth of shaddaad ibn aws radiyallaahu anhu: "The one cupping and the one on whom it is being done have both broken the fast."

Forgetting that there is a hadeeth as this narrated by ibn Abbaas: "The Messenger of Allaah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam was cupped while he was fasting and when he was in a state of Ihraam "

Now here comes the confusion, how do we reconcile these two authentic hadeeths?!

Was also confused a day before Ramadan and I asked my ustaadh about it, he said:

You can do so if you know you won't be weak after doing it, and this is his evidence;

Anas ibn Malik was asked: Did you(i.e., the Companions of the Prophet) dislike cupping for a fasting person?’ He said, ‘No, except for fear of weakness."

So from that hadeeth it can be inferred that one who engages in should be sure he won't be weak after it is being done....

Dont be surprised if a Saudi scholar(past or present) quickly say that its not permissible, imam Ahmad rahimahullaah was of the same view, and whenever there is ikhtilaaf among the scholars, scholars tend to go with the primary madh-hab they were brought up with, and for the Saudi scholars its the Hanbali madh-hab.....

Personally I still don't have total conviction, so I say its safer to leave it because of the hadeeth of nu'man ibn basheer radiyallaahu anhu: verily halaal is clear and haraam is clear, and between it are unclear issues of which many people don't know about, so whoever fears(i.e go far from) unclear issues he has preserved his deen and honour, and whoever always enters unclear issues will eventually enter haraam, like a Shepherd who pastures around (the border of) a sanctuary"

That example the prophet gave is one to be pondered on, when you place the sheep around the border of a sanctuary, the sheep will eventually graze over the sanctuary....

So not going near the border is better, so I can't say its halal or haraam because I don't have total conviction for now, so leaving it is better....

All the hadeeth I've quoted are in Bukhari and Muslim, so there are pretty much authentic....

WAllaahi a'lam....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 29, 2017
Amoto94:
*The Ruling Concerning the One With Food in his Mouth when the Time of Fajr Comes in*

By the
Muhaddith, Shaykh, Allamaa’
Muhammad Nasir uddeen al-Albaani

*Translated by*

*Abbas Abu Yahya*

Muhammad Nasir- Deen Al-Albaani (d.1420A.H) -Rahimullaah- said:

The Prophet –sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam– said: ‘If one of you hears the call to prayer and the vessel is still in his hand, then he should not put it down until he has taken his need from it.’

[Collected by Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Hakim and he authenticated it, and Dhahabi agreed with him.

This is evidence that if a person has the vessel of food or drink in is hand, and Fajr time comes up, then it is permissible for him to take what he needs to from that food and drink. This situation is exempt from the Ayaah: <<And eat and drink until the white thread of dawn becomes distinct to you from the black thread [of night] >> [2:187]

Therefore, there is no conflict between this Ayaah and the meaning of those types of Ahadeeth and between this hadeeth. There is no consensus to oppose this issue rather, a group from the Companions and other than them, are more towards the majority which is the benefit that can be derived from this hadeeth. That is the permissibility of eating food and drink until the Fajr time becomes clear, and the whiteness starts to spread in the pathways.

And indeed from the benefits of this hadeeth is the invalidity of the Bida’ (innovation) of withholding from eating and drinking before Fajr by about quarter of an hour. There are people who do this, fearing they will catch the Adhan of Fajr while they are in Suhoor (eating and drinking before Fajr with the intention of fasting).

If they had known this concession, they would not have fallen in to this Bida’, so reflect.’

[From: ‘Tamam al-Mina fee Taleeq ala Fiqh-us-Sunnah’ p.417]
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 29, 2017
Can someone explain hw nd wen shafi nd witr is performed
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Amoto94(m): 2:43pm On May 29, 2017
QUESTION: 
*Is it permissible to use a Miswak (tooth-cleansing stick) while fasting in Ramadan?*

ANSWER: 
All Praise be to Allah Alone and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger, his family, and Companions.
*It is permissible for a fasting person to use Miswak during the day in Ramadan.*

_Evidence ⤵_
It is related by Al-Tirmidhy on the authority of `Amir ibn Rabi`ah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: 
_"I saw the Prophet (peace be upon him) cleaning his teeth with Miswak countless times while he was fasting."_
Al-Tirmidhy ranked this Hadith as Hasan (a Hadith whose chain of narration contains a narrator with weak exactitude, but is free from eccentricity or blemish)._
May Allah grant us success. May peace and blessings be upon our Prophet Muhammad, his family, and Companions.
The Permanent Committee for Scholarly Research and Ifta
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 29, 2017
drunkcow:
Can someone explain hw nd wen shafi nd witr is performed

The time frame starts after isha up to fajr, and it( "shafi" ) is done using two rakahs each, the minimum number of rakahs is two, no authentic hadeeth stating a maximum, then after you've prayed two two rakahs to the number you wish then you can pray witr, and the minimum number of rakahs for witr is 1, for more info on witr see here: https://islamqa.info/en/46544

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by letzwap(m): 6:27am On May 30, 2017
marhaban ya ramadhan grin
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Amoto94(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2017
Q. Does the blood which comes out from between the teeth by mistake break ones fast or not? And if it was due to other than the individual himself – meaning from another person who hits him by mistake?

Answer:

The scholars of the Lajnah ad-Daa-imah said:

❝The blood that comes out from between the teeth does not break the fast, whether it comes out by itself or due to a person’s having struck it.❞

[Fataawa Al-Lajnah Ad-Daa-imah, (10/267) | Translated By Abū Haatim M. Farooq]
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:59pm On May 30, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by carinmom(f): 4:09pm On May 30, 2017
Jazakumullah khayran for this thread

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by carinmom(f): 4:32pm On May 30, 2017
Is it permissible for my wife who is breastfeeding my ten-month-old son not to fast during Ramadaan?.

Praise be to Allaah.
With regard to breastfeeding mothers – and also pregnant women – two scenarios may apply:

-1-

If the woman is not affected by fasting, and fasting is not too difficult for her, and she does not fear for her child, then she is obliged to fast, and it is not permissible for her not to fast.

-2-

If the woman fears for herself or her child because of fasting, and fasting is difficult for her, then she is allowed not to fast, but she has to make up the days that she does not fast.

In this situation it is better for her not to fast, and it is makrooh for her to fast. Some of the scholars stated that if she fears for her child, it is obligatory for her not to fast and it is haraam for her to fast.

Al-Mirdaawi said in al-Insaaf (7/382):

It is makrooh for her to fast in this case… Ibn ‘Aqeel said: If a pregnant woman or a breastfeeding mother fears for her pregnancy or her child, then it is not permissible for her to fast in this case, but if she does not fear for her child then it is not permissible for her not to fast.

Source: IslamQ&A

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Mofpearl: 7:11am On May 31, 2017
Is it better for a woman to pray Taraweeh at home or in the Mosque?

Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) was asked: What is the ruling on a woman praying Taraweeh in the mosque?

He replied:

The basic principle is that it is preferable and better for a woman to pray in her house, but if she thinks that there is some interest to be served by praying in the mosque, so long as she is covered and conducts herself properly, because it is more motivating for her, or because she will listen and benefit from the lessons, then there is nothing wrong with that, praise be to Allah, and it is also good because of the great benefits in that and because it encourages one to do righteous deeds.

He was also asked:

Is it permissible for a woman to pray Taraweeh in the mosque with the men?

He replied:

Yes, that is mustahabb in her case if she is afraid that she will become lazy at home, otherwise her house is better. But if there is a need for that, then there is nothing wrong with it. The women used to offer the five daily prayers with the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), although he said: “Their houses are better for them.”

But some women may become lazy and lose motivation at home, so if a woman goes out to the mosque, properly covered, wearing hijab and avoiding making a wanton display, for the purpose of praying and listening to the people of knowledge, she will be rewarded for that, because this is a good purpose. End quote.

The scholars of the Standing Committee also said:

A woman’s praying in her house is better for her than her praying in the mosque, whether it is an obligatory or supererogatory prayer, Taraweeh or otherwise.

End quote from Fataawa al-Lajnah ad-Daa’imah – vol. 1 (7/201)

Source: Islamqa.

*Sheikh Al Bani (rahimahullah) had a different opinion where he mentioned that it is recommended for women to pray Taraweeh prayer in the masjid .

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Amoto94(m): 10:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Fatawa ibn Baz rahimahullah

(Part No. 15; Page No. 353)

The patient is not required to make up for the missed days of fasting until recovery

Q: I became ill last Sha`ban and could not fast in Ramadan. I still suffer from this illness. When I wanted to make up for this month, I fasted five days but could not continue due to my condition. Because I need medication throughout the day, the doctor treating me(Part No. 15; Page No. 353)advised me not to fast. So, I hope Your Eminence will tell me the ruling on this, may Allah reward you, as you know that next Ramadan is coming soon. A: As long as you are ill, you are not required to make up for missed days until you recover, In sha’a-Allah (if Allah wills). The same applies to the coming Ramadan, In sha’a-Allah. If fasting is hard for you, it will be better not to fast and you should make up for the first and the second Ramadan after your recovery, In sha’a-Allah. Allah (Glorified be He) says: The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’ân, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Saum (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Saum (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allâh intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allâh [i.e. to say Takbîr (Allâhu Akbar; Allâh is the Most Great] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him. May Allah grant us success.

http://www.alifta.net/Fatawa/FatawaChapters.aspx?languagename=en&View=Page&PageID=2940&PageNo=1&BookID=14

1 Like

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
For pregnant and breastfeeding moms!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2017
10 Easy Ibadaat for Women in Ramadan on their Menses / Periods Bismillah Rabbi Zidnee Ilman “My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.” What is Ibadah?! The term “Ibadah” (worship) in Islam is not only confined to the pillars of Islam as it comprises many other goodly aspects. Allah [Exalted be His mention] says [what means]: “And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.” {Surat Adh-Dhariyat 51: Verse: 56} Many people mistakenly understand the term “worship” to mean living an ascetic way of life. This is not true at all. In Islam, worship is not [only] restricted to prayer, going to the masjid, giving in charity, or going for Hajj, as one can even turn permissible acts such as sleeping, eating, drinking, going to work, etc. into an act of worship. How is that?! By having a good intention! So, if one sleeps with the intention to rest his body so he can have more energy to worship Allah then this is a good intention. If one goes to work so he can provide for his family and those under his care, then this is a good intention which he will be rewarded for. Mu’aadh (may Allah be pleased with him) said: I sleep and I get up (to pray at night), and I seek reward for my sleep as I seek reward for my getting up. [Narrated by al-Bukhari] The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “You will never spend anything that you spend for the sake of Allah, but you will be rewarded for it, even the morsel of food that you put in your wife’s mouth.” [Narrated by Al-Bukhari] Sheikh ul-Islam Ibn Tayimah (May Allah have Mercy on him) gave a very comprehensive definition of the word “Ibaadah” as he said: “Al- Ibadah is a collective term for all of the deeds and words which Allah loves and is pleased with [whether] inward or outward.” WHAT CAN I DO DURING MY PERIOD? Many sisters feel that they cannot do much of Ibaadaat while on their monthly period, this is not true. Allah (Exalted be His mention) gave us the blessing of time, we should take advantage of it in doing things that are pleasing to Him. So, here is a list of ten easy Ibaadaat that can be done during the period: 1. Make lots of du’a (supplication) to Allah Being in that state of ritual impurity should not prevent you from making du’a. It is reported from An-Nu’man bin Bashir (May Allah be pleased with him) reported the prophet (Peace & blessing of Allah be upon him) said: “Du’a is worship.” [Abu Dawud] 2. Visit a close family member When you are visiting one of your close family members make sure to have the intention of keeping good ties of kinship between both of you. The prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “And he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should unite his ties of kinship.” [Reported by Al-Bukhari] 3. Make lots of Istighfaar (seeking forgiveness from Allah) and dhikr (remembrance of Allah) This can be done when you are cooking, cleaning, going to work, going to the shop, etc. Allah [Exalted be His mention] says [what means]: “O you who have believed, remember Allah with much remembrance.” [Surat Al-Ahzab: 33: Verse: 41] 4. Give Da’wah to Muslims and non-Muslims This can be by sharing an Islamic post on face book, sharing Islamic knowledge in general through media, and most importantly being a good example through your manners, speech and actions. Allah says what means: “And who is better in speech than one who invites to Allah and does righteousness and says, “Indeed, I am of the Muslims.” [Surat Fussilat: 41: Verse: 33] And the prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Convey from me even if it is (only) one ayah (verse).” [Narrated by al-Bukhari] 5. Read beneficial books Choose books that will help you understand more about Islam, purpose of this life and duties towards our creator. Anas ibn Malik said, the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: “Seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim.” [Sunan Ibn Majah] 6. Visit the sick It is one of the rights upon another Muslim to visit them when they are sick, and not only that, there are great virtues for visiting the sick as mentioned by our beloved Prophet (Peace & blessings of Allah be upon him): “When the Muslim visits his (sick) Muslim brother, he is harvesting the fruit of paradise until he returns.” [Narrated by Muslim]. This would also enable us to be more thankful to Allah for the good health that we have and content with the condition we are in. 7. Listen to the Qur’an frequently Listening to the Qur’an would enable you to prefect your recitation of the Qur’an, help you revise what you memorized, and constantly remembering Allah in your heart and mind. 8. Help others If you see your sister in Islam going through hard circumstances, do what you can to help her. One day if you are in that same position, Allah will bring to you someone who will help you too. 9. Smile in your sister’s face By doing so, we are following the prophet’s sunnah and will be rewarded for it Insha’Allah. 10. Spread the greeting of “Salam” This should be done with those [sisters] we know or never met before. The prophet (Peace be upon him) said: “You will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I tell you about something which, if you do it, will make you love one another? Greet each other with Salam.” [Muslim] In conclusion, let’s renew our intentions and make sure we are doing all these good deeds sincerely for Allah’s sake and following the footsteps of our beloved prophet Muhammad and his companions (May Allah be pleased with them all).
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 01, 2017

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 02, 2017
Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri narrated that the Messenger of Allaah (ﷺ ) said

“Suhoor is a blessed meal, so do not omit it, even if one of you only takes a sip of water, for Allaah and His angels send blessings on those who eat suhoor.”

- Saheeh al-Jaami’, 3683.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Alennsar(f): 4:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bismillahi Walhamdulillahi Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Were people to know the blessing of pronouncing Adhan and the standing in the first row, they would even draw lots to secure these privileges. And were they to realize the reward of performing Salat early, they would race for it; and were they to know the merits of Salat after nightfall (Isha') and the dawn (Fair) Salat, they would come to them even if they had to crawl." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2017
Doubt/Misconception!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 03, 2017
“The difference between our fast and the fast of the people of the book is eating at the time of Suhoor.”

[Collected By Muslim, (No 1096)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 03, 2017
Ramadan is not a month for pausing bad habits you've been addicted to and you've been trying to leave but to no avail, rather its a month that should help in stopping your bad habits permanently....
Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Demmzy15(m): 4:32am On Jun 05, 2017
AbdurRahmanOrg:
Do Women Lose Out When they Stay at Home in Ramadan?

Shaykh Dr Muḥmmad Bāzmūl - Allāh preserve him - said:

I have noticed that some women think that the woman loses rewards in Ramaḍān if she does not pray Tarāwīḥ in congregation with the people in the masjid. This is questionable for a number of reasons:

1. The rule is that a woman prays at home - both the nafil and the obligatory prayers; in fact, the best of her prayer is when it is in the depth of her house.

2. The service and cooking she does for her family, when she does it seeking Allāh’s reward, she gets reward for it, regardless of whether we say it is obligatory or recommended.

3. By doing this, she gets the same reward as her family for any righteous actions she helps them to do through her service, because if it is the case that “whoever guides another to some good will get the same reward as the person who does it” - then it is even more so the case, or it is the same, to help others do what is good and serve them by cooking and so on, helping them to do good deeds.

Also, the Muslim makes full use of all his or her time spending it remembering Allāh, by doing tasbīḥ (saying subḥān Allāh), taḥmīd (saying alḥamdu lillāh), takbīr (saying Allāhu akbar) and tahlīl (saying lā ilāha illallāh) during any work he or she does. And those who are distinguished with remembering Allāh much are those who are at the forefront of good.

And Allāh taʿālā said (what means):

Wealth and children are the adornment of the life of this world. But the lasting good righteous deeds (five compulsory prayers, deeds of Allah's obedience, good and nice talk, remembrance of Allah with glorification, praises and thanks, etc.), are better with your Lord for rewards and better in respect of hope.

[Qurān 18:46]

Source: https://www.facebook.com/mohammadbazmool/posts/1353699861415163

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ramadan Reminders!!! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2017
✒ Bad Breath Of A Fasting Person | Ramaḍān Benefit

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : والذي نفس محمد بيده لخلوف فم الصائم أطيب عند الله من ريح المسك.

The Messenger of Allāh Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam said:

“I swear by Him in whose Hand is Muḥammad's soul, the bad breath from the mouth of an individual who fasts; is MORE PLEASANT with Allāh than the fragrance of musk.”

● [رواه البخاري ومسلم]

❗Translator's Note: Khuloof is an unpleasant smell that emits from the mouth due to empty stomach.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Giving out Gifts Is Important In Sunnah / Islamic Culture? / Save Oyedepo's Muslim Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.