Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,481 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu (1651 Views)

Rabiu Kwankwaso Orders Civil Disobedience In Kano Over Governorship Election / Buhari's Victory A Referendum On Honesty And Integrity - New York Times / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 29, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu walks slowly across the courtyard of his family home in Umuahia, southeast Nigeria, as a crowd of supporters in the red, black and green of the Biafran flag hail him as their saviour.Eighteen months in custody does not appear to have affected his fight against Nigeria.“I am more determined than ever,” Kanu, who heads the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) movement, tells AFP calmly.Kanu, who was released on bail at the endof April, still faces trial on treason charges.But there is no question of his remaining silent as a key date approaches on Tuesday: the 50th anniversary of the declaration of an independent Republic ofBiafra.The secession of the Igbo people in the southeast sparked a bloody civil war that lasted nearly three years until 1970. More than one million people died of the effectsof war, famine and disease.Kanu says his aim is “civil disobedience until we get a referendum (on self-determination)”, calling it “the only way forward”.

source:

http://punchng.com/my-aim-is-civil-disobedience-until-we-get-a-referendum-nnamdi-kanu/

My concern: Will the Nigeria government use force as usual or handle this issue in a civilized manner?

http://www.un.org/en/decolonization/declaration.shtml

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 29, 2017
let's see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ubongoton(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2017
now that you have started, did you say that you are not a nigerian citizen? that the british should come to your aid?
One thing is certain and has been established,,,Biafra will not stand, thats is what you should be away of,,,
Ojukwu did more than you but atlast he ran away,,,
No akwa ibom man again this time o,,,,
STOP BEATING THE WAR DRUMS for innocents people to suffer,,,
Christ is coming soon
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by mikeycharles(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2017
DSS, I think you know how to address this issue angry
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:
now that you have started, did you say that you are not a nigerian citizen? that the british should come to your aid?
One thing is certain and has been established,,,Biafra will not stand, thats is what you should be away of,,,
Christ is coming soon

who is beating the war drums?

6 Likes

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by CharlotteFlair: 2:24pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:
Christ is coming soon
What's this coward saying?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by GuyWise(m): 2:28pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:
Christ is coming soon
Afonjas trying every means they can to make us stop on our quest to freedom but too afraid to stand for anything in life.

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 29, 2017
mikeycharles:
DSS, I think you know how to address this issue angry

Yes, DSS recruitment is still fresh in our minds. One Nigeria indeed cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by conductor111: 2:30pm On May 29, 2017

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ubongoton(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2017
GuyWise:

Afonjas trying every means they can to make us stop on our quest to freedom but too afraid to stand for anything in life.
You were not born in the late 60s and early 70s,,,stop biafra before he bite you
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by decatalyst(m): 2:31pm On May 29, 2017
Any other comment after this one, fire!

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ubongoton(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2017
CharlotteFlair:
What's this coward saying?
I mean when you accliam biafrans wants to export drugs to india, dont use nigeria passport

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ubongoton(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2017
onyenze123:

who is beating the war drums?
kanu and some of the idiots

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by mikeycharles(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2017
onyenze123:

Yes, DSS recruitment is still fresh in our minds. One Nigeria indeed cheesy
Sarcastic much?
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:

kanu and some of the idiots

I don't agree with you.

If "one Nigeria" can marginalize a section of a country, don't they have the right to say "I don't want to be part of the union anymore, give us referendum"?
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by igwebuike01: 2:39pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:

I mean when you accliam biafrans wants to export drugs to india, dont use nigeria passport
It is not difficult to spot an afonja, frustration oozes from their comments and they are always quick to abandon the topic of the thread, so stop fooling yourself with the akwa ibom nonsense
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 29, 2017
mikeycharles:
Sarcastic much?

We all know the truth, let's keep on deceiving ourselves
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Young03(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2017
ok
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by CharlotteFlair: 2:41pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:

You are a kid obviously. Pls go to the Jokes section.
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2017
MAZI KANU,

YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, CIVIL DISORDER OR CIVIL DISTURBANCE WILL DO NO IGBO NO GOOD.

PLS RETHINK. OR YOU ARE RETURNED TO CUSTODY

IGBOS BE CAREFUL

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by CharlotteFlair: 2:43pm On May 29, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
MAZI KANU,

YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, CIVIL DISORDER OR CIVIL DISTURBANCE WILL DO NO IGBO NO GOOD.

IGBOS BE CAREFUL
Why are you wailing more than the bereaved unity beggar? KANU himself said he was ready to die for this cause, so what's your own?
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 29, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
MAZI KANU,

YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN.

IGBOS BE CAREFUL

Careful of what?

2 Likes

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by CharlotteFlair: 2:44pm On May 29, 2017
onyenze123:

Careful of what?
I wonder o
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by orisa37: 2:48pm On May 29, 2017
I wonder who now puts this commonsense wisdom into Nnamdi's Mind?

1 Like

Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by malton: 3:00pm On May 29, 2017
Nairaland has to do something about these hateful, uncouth kids with no sense of history.
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by ubongoton(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2017
igwebuike01:

It is not difficult to spot an afonja, frustration oozes from their comments and they are always quick to abandon the topic of the thread, so stop fooling yourself with the akwa ibom nonsense
Cry more
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by fabre4: 4:13pm On May 29, 2017
ubongoton:
Christ is coming soon

since you don't understand let me explain it to you there will be no war only civil disobedience i.e protest etc so don't allow illiteracy make you think there will be war. The era of war has gone with Ojukwu
Re: My Aim Is Civil Disobedience Until We Get A Referendum – Nnamdi Kanu by excel001(m): 4:15pm On May 29, 2017
For Nnamdi Kanu to have spent some argonising, painful and humiliating months in kuje prison and still stand his ground despite the bail condition i am beginning to believe his genuinety and resoluteness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jollof Rice War.. Nig VS Biafra / How To Deal With Biafra – Prof. Ango Abdullahi / 53 Days In London: President Buhari Gets 8-week Ultimatum To Resign Or Be Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.