Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,644 members, 7,837,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

"Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song (40961 Views)

EFCC Gives Update On Mompha. Dismisses Report About 'Bribing His Way Out' / Charles Novia Rubbishes Juliet Ibrahim For Allowing Iceberg Slim Press Her Butts / Heritage Bank Reacts To Report About Mary Akpobome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by PDPGuy: 4:40pm On May 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

Do you have any information that we don't have or is the fact that Pia Mia is an American artiste mean that she can't steal from a Nigerian artiste. The song in question was released about one year apart. If you're privy to any information pls let us know.
Here’s the full story about the record, according to Pulseng: “The entire Nigeria is up in arms about a perceived theft of Phyno’s song by an American singer named Pia Mia.

The record in quote is a song named ‘I’m a fan’ which was released by Phyno in 2016 as part of his “The Playmaker” album. Phyno’s version featured Mr Eazi, and another relative newcomer, Decarlo.

The song was produced by Benjamz. On May 26, 2017, American singer and songwriter, Pia Mia, released a version of the song which featured singer Jeremih, but Pia Mia’s version was produced by Remo the Hitmaker.

The basic crowd mentality with singles in Nigeria is that whoever releases it first owns the song, and very other version is a copy. And that’s what’s been happening. Pia Mia has been dragged across Nigerian social media as a thief, with fans and music enthusiasts accusing her of blatant theft.

But here’s the story. Pia Mia did not steal any song. The true story is way beyond her. The story of ‘I’m a fan’ single began from Phyno, Jeremih and producer Remo.

According to verified sources close to Phyno’s camp, the rapper was working on incorporating Island-ready production on his sophomore album to tap into the international market. He was in talks with Remo, who sent him the song to work with.

Due to issues regarding remuneration, clearances and demands, Phyno and Remo did not work together. But Phyno liked the idea of the sound, so he sought the help of producer Benjamz, who reconstructed the single.

Remo, who had totally abandoned the Phyno project, still has his music, and so when Pia Mia tapped him and Jeremih for a new record, they had this one ready-made for her to record and release. These things are not uncommon.

In 2014, Phyno’s ‘Authe’ record featuring Flavour, and DJ Spinall’s ‘Gba gbe’ featuring Burna Boy possessed similar melody and lyrics in the choruses. But it was also a recording misunderstanding which was never taken to court.

Both Burna Boy and Flavour had worked on a song, which was never finished. So they supplied it to other people.”
http://instablog9ja.com/2017/05/29/how-phyno-tried-pulling-a-fast-one-on-the-owner-of-the-song-im-a-fan-pulseng/

1 Like

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 29, 2017
And this forum u're operating on is also owned by an afonja
BuariCopyPaste:
The pulse of a thing has Yoruba gutter journalism written over it....

Some afonjas were masturbating on reading that phyno may be sued for stealing the said song cool cool

2 Likes

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by bionixs: 4:42pm On May 29, 2017
LesbianBoy:
I am sure this "pulse nigeria" is owned by a yoruba man! Rubbish! angry
before Nko? na them. tongue warriors
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by waledeji(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2017
Eboes has got a big problem by choosing to take yorubas as their enemy, it doesn't allow them to think properly anymore. They were shouting here that pulse.ng is an Afonja newspaper whereas it's owned by an American.

Shame on eboes

4 Likes

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by 49cents(m): 4:42pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

your hate and tribalism will later kill you !

if we make a comeback joke about insulting Igbo people now, you people will start crying that you want your own country

I am igbo.....you cracked me up
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by julimax(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2017
Just negodu

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2017
PDPGuy:

Here’s the full story about the record, according to Pulseng: “The entire Nigeria is up in arms about a perceived theft of Phyno’s song by an American singer named Pia Mia.

The record in quote is a song named ‘I’m a fan’ which was released by Phyno in 2016 as part of his “The Playmaker” album. Phyno’s version featured Mr Eazi, and another relative newcomer, Decarlo.

The song was produced by Benjamz. On May 26, 2017, American singer and songwriter, Pia Mia, released a version of the song which featured singer Jeremih, but Pia Mia’s version was produced by Remo the Hitmaker.

The basic crowd mentality with singles in Nigeria is that whoever releases it first owns the song, and very other version is a copy. And that’s what’s been happening. Pia Mia has been dragged across Nigerian social media as a thief, with fans and music enthusiasts accusing her of blatant theft.

But here’s the story. Pia Mia did not steal any song. The true story is way beyond her. The story of ‘I’m a fan’ single began from Phyno, Jeremih and producer Remo.

According to verified sources close to Phyno’s camp, the rapper was working on incorporating Island-ready production on his sophomore album to tap into the international market. He was in talks with Remo, who sent him the song to work with.

Due to issues regarding remuneration, clearances and demands, Phyno and Remo did not work together. But Phyno liked the idea of the sound, so he sought the help of producer Benjamz, who reconstructed the single.

Remo, who had totally abandoned the Phyno project, still has his music, and so when Pia Mia tapped him and Jeremih for a new record, they had this one ready-made for her to record and release. These things are not uncommon.

In 2014, Phyno’s ‘Authe’ record featuring Flavour, and DJ Spinall’s ‘Gba gbe’ featuring Burna Boy possessed similar melody and lyrics in the choruses. But it was also a recording misunderstanding which was never taken to court.

Both Burna Boy and Flavour had worked on a song, which was never finished. So they supplied it to other people.”
http://instablog9ja.com/2017/05/29/how-phyno-tried-pulling-a-fast-one-on-the-owner-of-the-song-im-a-fan-pulseng/

I actually just read it a few minutes ago on their website. I'm only concerned on how PULSE came to that conclusion and for Phyno to come at them, it means something is amiss. Only Phyno and Pia Mia knows whatsup. Only time will tell who really owns the song.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Enemking: 4:47pm On May 29, 2017
My happiness is that phyno is going to make a lot of money from this pia mia... cheesy
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Origamist: 4:48pm On May 29, 2017
Decryptor:

STFU! It is most def run by a yoruba. Because afonja journalists are known for publishing trash esp when it comes to berating a South Easterner! The Anambra 10,000 JAMB malpractice story which has been refuted by JAMB itself is a perfect example!
are you sure you are not out of your senses?
The article was written by joey akan.that sounds like the name of an akwa ibomite to me.according to what u guys say here,akwa ibomites are biafrans,innit?
So wht concerns yorubas here?
Check urself,man.

1 Like

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by PDPGuy: 4:48pm On May 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

I actually just read it a few minutes ago on their website. I'm only concerned on how PULSE came to that conclusion and for Phyno to come at them, it means something is amiss. Only Phyno and Pia Mia knows whatsup. Only time will tell who really owns the song.

I believe Pia is innocent.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 29, 2017
waledeji:
Eboes has got a big problem by choosing to take yorubas as their enemy, it doesn't allow them to think properly anymore. They were shouting here that pulse.ng is an Afonja newspaper whereas it's owned by an American.

Shame on eboes

Not that I am in support of any one calling Pulse Yoruba-owned but being the CEO does not automatically mean that you are the owner. Being head of publishing also does not mean he is the one that published. He may or not have signed off on it.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by dacovajnr: 4:50pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

if we make a comeback joke about insulting Igbo people now, you people will start crying that you want your own country

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On May 29, 2017
PDPGuy:

I believe Pia is innocent.
Why do you believe so? That's what i asked earlier. Is it because she's American?
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by BORNTOSUCKPUSSY: 4:55pm On May 29, 2017
Why una tribalize this matter now? grin cheesy pulse ng are dumb reporters tho whether igbo or afonja
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Loop1: 5:00pm On May 29, 2017
salford:

Now crawl back to the hole you slimy creature came out from.

Finish him grin.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by PDPGuy: 5:00pm On May 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

Why do you believe so? That's what i asked earlier. Is it because she's American?
DeCarlo possibly wrote the same song for Phyno and Pia. In that case, it will be extremely difficult to bring a claim of copyright infringement.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by waledeji(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2017
woodcook:

Not that I am in support of any one calling Pulse Yoruba-owned but being the CEO does not automatically mean that you are the owner. Being head of publishing also does not mean he is the one that published. He may or not have signed off on it.

Always shifting goal post anytime you burst their lies.
The only thing on their flat head is to shout Afonja like their life depends on it.

Shame less beings.

2 Likes

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Yeligray(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

wch country?
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Icepresh(m): 5:22pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

DRY as your Username bruh
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by permit(m): 5:30pm On May 29, 2017
Customer80:
It's a pity that every little thing is now turned to tribalism, you don't criticize pulse for stating what they know nothing about rather you ascribe the gutter journalism to yoruba as an ethnic group, it's quite unfair

Umunne m mere onwe unu ebere
.high 5

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by delors(m): 5:43pm On May 29, 2017
LesbianBoy:
I am sure this "pulse nigeria" is owned by a yoruba man! Rubbish! angry
Oniranu.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by TrapHedges(m): 5:48pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

¥ do u think tat guy is igbo

and ¥ did u steal someone's tweet
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Afam4eva(m): 5:51pm On May 29, 2017
PDPGuy:

DeCarlo possibly wrote the same song for Phyno and Pia. In that case, it will be extremely difficult to bring a claim of copyright infringement.
But we don't know that yet, do we? Let's wait to hear from both sides before jumping into conclusions. Let not allow that girls pretty face and body to deceive us. I almost joined Team Pia Mia when I visited her IG page and saw her bikini clad picture. Chai.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by PDPGuy: 6:01pm On May 29, 2017
Afam4eva:

But we don't know that yet, do we? Let's wait to hear from both sides before jumping into conclusions. Let not allow that girls pretty face and body to deceive us. I almost joined Team Pia Mia when I visited her IG page and saw her bikini clad picture. Chai.
grin
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by lakes99: 6:03pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

Easy man.

Bet, Lmao! grin
Holuwadamilarey:

Easy man.

Bet, Lmao!
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by princessayesha(f): 6:06pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

DDT grin
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 29, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:
Ok.
Pulse ng is an amala and ewedu eating news site owned by an afonja

Lie! It's not even owned by a Nigerian tongue
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by posh95(m): 6:12pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

Baba, feel free 2 insult anybody. Na insult dey make person dey aware of him faults.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by pokipoki: 6:19pm On May 29, 2017
Imagine how many people insulted Mia. The lesson from this is that "never trust any news". So many fake news.
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by Misterdhee1(m): 6:25pm On May 29, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:

Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by jude90(m): 6:26pm On May 29, 2017
He still ended up saying nothing
Re: "Dumb Ass Reporters": Phyno Rubbishes Pulse Nigeria's report About His Song by MrPolitics: 6:48pm On May 29, 2017
the pia mia girl gan is not a big singer. nobody cares for her music. she's an underground singer. even skibii is more popular in nail than she is in the US.

i don't get all the headache

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liz Benson Looks Ageless And Graceful In New Photos / Nosa Rex Buys A Car For His Wife, Deborah (Photos) / Yemi Alade's Outfit To An Interview With BeatFM (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.