Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms (25346 Views)

"How Can Government Post Corpers To Abia State To Suffer?" - Corps Member / NYSC Members Now To Be Posted To Farms — Coordinator / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by khristal87(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2017
This s a gud development...wen mst f u hia d name farm u bgin to tink f ur villages, those who studied agric f nt farms tell me wia dey cn better serve........those f us in d field we undastnd dis betta
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Iyou: 7:57pm On May 30, 2017
NaijaMutant:
By the time Buhari and APC finish with Nigerians, graduates will be used as herdsmen

why not post them to CBN

I refuse to be part of this regressive change

Very funny of you.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by ubongoton(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2017
giftiy:

we Nigerians are so funny.
whatz wrong in being posted to the farm?
if 89% of posting has been class room then whatz wrong with farm?
when the say farm,I know your mind will fash back to using hoe and cutlass abi?
come to farms now and see,tractors with air conditional ,power stirring and other facilities. come to olam, coscharis Nwabudo etc farms and see.
posting to a farm is a privilege.
I will like it dat way na
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 30, 2017
Nigeria is an experiment!
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by undisputedgbola(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2017
NaijaMutant:
By the time Buhari and APC finish with Nigerians, graduates will be used as herdsmen

why not post them to CBN

This is what you call retrogression??

You're entitled to your opinion tho!!
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by joeshed(m): 10:06pm On May 30, 2017
Shalomdee:

Bro joeshed, can you tell me some things about this bitcoin business? I need guidance.

Quote me your mail.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by castel428: 10:08pm On May 30, 2017
MrMcJay:
When I served, I had a guy in my Local Government who studied Aeronautic engineering abroad and had an Msc. As a corper, NYSC posted this aeronautic engineer to a Nursery and Primary school to teach.

Subsequently, NYSC introduced skills acquisition courses where graduates are taught how to fry puff-puff and make zobo drinks for sale.

This administration is obviously bent on breaking previous records it has set for itself in stupidity.
Kuku kill me cheesy
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by gemale(m): 10:35pm On May 30, 2017
post=57000037:
The National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, will start posting corps members to farms, according to the corp's Director General Suleiman Kazaure.

Speaking in an interview during his official visit to the NYSC Permanent Orientation Camp in Sagamu, Ogun State, he said this move is in line with the agricultural development programme of the NYSC.

He said that Bauchi, Oyo, Kebbi and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, had been earmarked for the pilot phase.

“It should interest you to know that the NYSC will soon begin its agricultural development scheme where corps members will be posted to farms for their primary assignments.

“Already the NYSC has acquired active farmlands across the nation’s geopolitical zones with four already fully operational in Kwali, Bauchi, Oyo and Kebbi.

“After this orientation programme for the Batch ‘A’ corps members, we will begin posting some of them to these farms as a pilot phase.

“Though we are starting with four states for now, we will integrate the other states as time goes, the project is ongoing,” Mr. Kazaure said.

He also tasked the corps members not to seek white-collar jobs which were non-existent but rather develop their potentials for entrepreneurship excellence.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/nysc-to-start-posting-youth-corpers-to.html

Na nw dem dey tlk ds 1? Me wey be batch b wey dem carry go farm even though i no read anytn related 2 agric. Abeg make dem kuku scrap nysc joor.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by gemale(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2017
eleojo23:
If they are going to get posted to large farms where mechanized tools are used, it may not be a bad idea but if they are going to be posted to where they will be using hoe and cutlass then it's a very bad idea.
Mecha wetin? Hahaha. Guy d farm dem carry go na manual be evrytn.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by bolatito1234(m): 10:51pm On May 30, 2017
[quote author=NaijaMutant post=57000269]By the time Buhari and APC finish with Nigerians, graduates will be used as herdsmen

why not post them to CBN

See let be sincere WIth ourselves. Now Nigeria is for the youth and youth alone. If to be posting Corpers to the farms that ll make food comes down, it ll be better they do so. Bcs when we were small then after school hours we could still go to the farm and all food are not expensive like this. During that time we used to sing that "ise agbe ni ise lewa. Now nobody wants to go to farm again. And view people farming that was why food are expensive. Let think and rethink. In term of technology we are not there at all and what can we do to compete with another country in the world if our crude oil dry. God bless Nigeria
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by gemale(m): 10:55pm On May 30, 2017
jc4real:

NYSC skills acquisition:Learning how to fry puff-puff n making zobo drink...this is so funny grin grin grin
Guy e no funny. 2 dey sit on top floor 4 1 stuffy, overcrowded hall wey hot pass oven because say fan no dey work dey sing "SAED SAED o X4. Come & see X4. Nysc has done it again" no funny @ all.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:58pm On May 30, 2017
Misterdhee1:

You just like wailing for senlessly reasons. Did they tell you they were going to post just any graduate there? The farming posting will be targeted at Agricultural graduates. And what's the big deal in a graduate being a farmer? So much eduacted illiterates on this forum
Olodo! Was it written by you or are you just inserting this just now!
Meanwhile educated literate, teacher teach me nonsense why don't you correct yourself first undecided
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Shalomdee(f): 12:51am On May 31, 2017
joeshed:

Quote me your mail.
shalomdeewriters@gmail.com
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Misterdhee1(m): 1:57am On May 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Meanwhile educated literate, teacher teach me nonsense why don't you correct yourself first undecided
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Misterdhee1(m): 2:07am On May 31, 2017
Wiseandtrue:

Lmao. Nairaland is dead! grin. I bet you also hated ur high school teachers so much that you couldn't pay attention well to them while they were teaching you OXYMORON.. Oya listen now. Dunce, there is nothing like an educated literate. Even if it exists, it doesn't fit the context i was trying to get through to ur type. You and ur ilks are educated illiterates. You went to school, but never allowed school to pass through u. You get now?
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by unmask: 5:24am On May 31, 2017
Youth service is a call to serve the nation.....In any capacity they need you to.

This is a brilliant idea in my opinion.....experience that one gets from places like farms is invaluable.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by ussy09(m): 6:23am On May 31, 2017
Mechanized farming is a welcome idea.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Sunnah1(m): 7:41am On May 31, 2017
NaijaMutant:

why not post them to CBN

What are you doing at CBN if you study Agricultural Science or Agricultural Engineering?

1 Like

Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by lordpreceey: 7:45am On May 31, 2017
actually i think there are farm settlements and steads where corps members with related educational backgrounds can up their practical skills. in a country where a larger percentage of the academic work is theoretical, it will not be out of place to engage corps members in ''state of the art or standardized farm settlements'' to boost their knowledge and experience. if the leadership of the NYSC is serious about this, then it must be well defined so that at the end of the day, this provision is not abused by sending corps members to just any place in the name of a farm. if taken seriously, this will be a very nice initiative
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by lordpreceey: 7:50am On May 31, 2017
Sunnah1:

What are you doing at CBN if you study Agricultural Science or Agricultural Engineering?
exactly the question i had in mind when i read through that shabby post.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:03am On May 31, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Lmao. Nairaland is dead! grin. I bet you also hated ur high school teachers so much that you couldn't pay attention well to them while they were teaching you OXYMORON.. Oya listen now. Dunce, there is nothing like an educated literate. Even if it exists, it doesn't fit the context i was trying to get through to ur type. You and ur ilks are educated illiterates. You went to school, but never allowed school to pass through u. You get now?
I guess you are so dumb and full of hatred that you cannot see the humour !

Go and face the person frustrating your life and stop quoting me. Okay Bye
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by organiza(m): 10:48am On May 31, 2017
Very good....how I wish I was posted to a farm during 2012 my service year.... I farm now.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by heenriiy19(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2017
For stream 2 join dis forum for more info https:///0bEFncm4z9pEsNvSwjZcrA
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by iukpe: 9:18pm On May 31, 2017
Lets stop beating about the bush on this NYSC thing, its either we modernize it to deal with our time or it should be thrown to the bin.

What I think a real orientation camp program should involve at least not limited to these
1. Entrepreneurs, Industrialists and multinational companies should be mandated by law to participate more in the NYSC process right from the camp not just through lectures but actually involving corpers in projects and research work being handled by these companies in all fields like construction, medicare, agriculture, education, media houses, sales, Nollywood etc.
2. Employers should go through a simple registration process and satisfy a certain minimum criteria among welfare and financial support for the corps member. The employers should be encouraged to visit or connect with camps through labor or skill fair organised by the NYSC body.
3. NYSC camps should have project stations to encourage corpers develop ideas towards being better professionals and leaders and more emphasis should be given to real programs that involves merit awards at the end of the service year.
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by egobetatoday: 8:57pm On Jun 03, 2017
Misterdhee1:

You are still not making any sense. Just the usual ranting. What stops Zara from being posted to a farm if she read Agriculture? Do u know how much an agric graduate will gain by serving in a big farm? Don't just comment simply because u dislike Buhari or his gov't. That makes u sound duller than even the person u guys tag dullard.

in ur mind now u have said something intelligent ...hehehehhe. What time do I have to make dull people understand the future from current realities...hehehehehe. Smart people know that Zara can NEVER be posted to a farm ... whether she read Agric or not. CBN recruited buhari's nephews and neices, DSS recruited their DGs cousins and children...na today?
Re: NYSC To Post Youth Corpers To Farms by Starprince2(m): 2:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
Absuchat:
We will be going to farm on suit. Our slay queens will be snapping pictures with yam tubers. APC, una well done o
am laughing in Chinese

just come and let me be going

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NYSC 2016 Batch ‘B’ Online Registration For Orientation Course Notice / Corpers Lodge Invaded In Cross River State, Certificate Stolen- Photos / NYSC Batch B 2017 Mobilization Registration,timetable,orientation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.