Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? (619 Views)

Please Who Can Help Me With This Blogger Template / A Website Has Stolen My Content / What's D Name Of This Blogger Blog Template Will Love To Buy One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Studentcosmos(m): 6:59am On May 30, 2017
Hello co-bloggers,
I will need your sincere opinion on this. It's on plagiarism.
I found one of my articles on two different blogs. The first one copied the whole article, including the inbound links I placed inside the post (quite hilarious tho because so many text links still points to my blog). This doesn't bother me much as I have made my research on google and I know what to do.

However, what bothers me more is the second person who seems more clever. He also copied all the post (carefully unlinked all my internal links) and added it to his own post. Let me make it clearer, he took my "15 ways to ..........", added more points to it and published "25 ways to......." (This is just for illustration).
-
-Can it still be said that he stole my content since he already added to it?
-What can I do or what action can I take that won't make me shoot myself on the leg later?
I need you to throw more light to this.
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by eezeribe(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2017
That's what you bloggers all do... Copy and paste
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Studentcosmos(m): 7:03am On May 30, 2017
eezeribe:
point of correction, not all. Coz I don't.
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by emcee4love(m): 7:45am On May 30, 2017
Studentcosmos:
Hello co-bloggers,
I found one of my articles on two different blogs. The first one copied the whole article, including the inbound links I placed inside the post (quite hilarious tho because so many text links still points to my blog). This doesn't bother me much as I have made my research on google and I know what to do.

However, what bothers me more is the second person who seems more clever. He also copied all the post (carefully unlinked all my internal links) and added it to his own post. Let me make it clearer, he took my "15 ways to ..........", added more points to it and published "25 ways to......." (This is just for illustration).
-
-What can I do or what action can I take that won't make me shoot myself on the leg later?

Hello,

For better resolution, kindly report it to their web hosting provider, because this is an abuse case that need to be handle by the web hosting company.

Hope this helps.

Thank you
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2017
eezeribe:

Doing a bit of research before generalizing will do you so much good.
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by ucmini: 7:57am On May 30, 2017
Studentcosmos:
Hello co-bloggers,

-

Call 911 or 112
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by ElizaVeta(f): 1:55pm On May 30, 2017
Hello dear.. Relax it happens and you can do nothing about it. Moreover it gives you the impression people are reading your contents, And for them to copy them, your content must have been 'hot off the presses'. It happens everytime .. Goodluck dear
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by ElizaVeta(f): 2:01pm On May 30, 2017
eezeribe:
Can you shut that THING you Call mouth for once ?? what if I say All nairalanders are lesbians and gays.. Wont you exclude yourself because you ain't.. (maybe you are!!!).

Learn to put SOME!!! ...

Whenever I see POSTS about blogging on NL.. You always make this comment. Are you INTACT
Dont let me say you're stupid!
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Xzbit91: 2:15pm On May 30, 2017
ElizaVeta:
Can you shut that THING you Call mouth for once ?? what if I say All nairalanders are lesbians and gays.. Wont you exclude yourself because you ain't.. (maybe you are!!!).

Learn to put SOME!!! ...

Whenever I see POSTS about blogging on NL.. You always make this comment. Are you INTACT
Dont let me say you're stupid!

Calm down your blood too hot!
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 30, 2017
contact the guy and ask for a link back... that's the only thing you can do...
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Studentcosmos(m): 2:30pm On May 30, 2017
uzoclinton:
contact the guy and ask for a link back... that's the only thing you can do...
Okay. So once I get a link back it won't affect my google ranking?
Re: Can I Still Say This Blogger Stole My Content? by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 30, 2017
Studentcosmos:
Okay. So once I get a link back it won't affect my google ranking?
yup... but most times some of this bloggers dey form strong head ooo. so you may have to plead with them..

(1) (Reply)

. / Lets Make N10,000 With ALAT By Wema Bank / I Am In Need Of A Professional Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.