Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. (6944 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / 5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / I Didn't Ask Christians To Kill Muslims - Apostle Johnson Suleman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 1:00pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

The very different sects within Christianity that are all over each other fighting understand context abi? We've seen christians interpret biblical verses very differently from.each other always. Where then is this elusive context brouhaha of yours coming from?
you make no point, do you belong to any Christian sect ? my point is, you cannot use one single verse to explain a whole context.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by dalaman: 1:03pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
you make no point, do you belong to any Christian sect ? my point is, you cannot use one single verse to explain a whole context.

Most christians do that. In fact that accounts for why there are many different sects in christianity today. I don't need to belong to any sect to.know that christians interpret the bible very differently all the time.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 1:08pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

Most christians do that. In fact that accounts for why there are many different sects in christianity today. I don't need to belong to any sect to.know that christians interpret the bible very differently all the time.
so atheists interpret it correctly.?
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by An2elect2(f): 1:09pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
alright, how was your day going ?
It's fine. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by dalaman: 1:12pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
so atheists interpret it correctly.?

Just trying to tell you that there is nothing like context because even christians just interpret based on their own personal wimps. I've seen christians accuse each other of wrong interpretation always just the way the accuse atheist.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by swegiedon(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2017
Damariox how does this make sense to you,even you Christians do not interpret the bible for what it is,am a pantheist and I love atheists because the aren't subject of dogmatism, so let it pass dude,they are closer to the cosmic source than you are.so let them be

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 1:16pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

Just trying to tell you that there is nothing like context because even christians just interpret based on their own personal wimps. I've seen christians accuse each other of wrong interpretation always just the way the accuse atheist.
context does not exist In the bible ? I am very sure, in the next few days an atheist will say , his home does not exist. you guys are something els

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by emmayayodeji(m): 1:45pm On May 30, 2017
swegiedon:
Damariox how does this make sense to you,even you Christians do not interpret the bible for what it is,am a pantheist and I love atheists because the aren't subject of dogmatism, so let it pass dude,they are closer to the cosmic source than you are.so let them be
Gbam! He hit the nail on the head

I will never again be subject to stupid dogmas
undecided

3 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by dalaman: 2:05pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
context does not exist In the bible ? I am very sure, in the next few days an atheist will say , his home does not exist. you guys are something els

What is the context of creation? Many christians say that the creation account is an allegory while others say that it is not. The young earth creationist insist that each day written in Genesis creation account is 24 hour day, others insist that the day is a long period. So which is the context and why are so many christians confused over it? What is the context here?

1 Like

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by swegiedon(m): 2:33pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

What is the context of creation? Many christians say that the creation account is an allegory while others say that it is not. The young earth creationist insist that each day written in Genesis creation account is 24 hour day, others insist that the day is a long period. So which is the context and why are so many christians confused over it? What is the context here?
The big bang is a better hypothesis as to how the unmanifest became manifest

1 Like

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 2:41pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

for example oga oarolo.ye believes Yahweh endorses rape and it's not a sin while oga sciencewatch disagrees and they both presented proof from the bible to support their stance so who is right? the people who wrote the bible were not perfect therefore the bible is not perfect. it is not an objective truth.

c.c malvisguy212

5 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 30, 2017
proudafrogal:

for example oga oarolo.ye believes Yahweh endorses rape and it's not a sin while oga sciencewatch disagrees and they both presented proof from the bible to support their stance so who is right? the people who wrote the bible were not perfect therefore the bible is not perfect. it is not an objective truth.

c.c malvisguy212
Lol
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 4:10pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

what you say is doctrinal issue, all religion had this same issue, hey!!! atheism is not left out, there are some atheist who still believe in spiritualism, what you gonna say about that ?

study to show therself approved unto God, when you study the bible with a teachable spirit, God will revealed the truth to you.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
what you say is doctrinal issue, all religion had this same issue, hey!!! atheism is not left out, there are some atheist who still believe in spiritualism, what you gonna say about that ?

study to show therself approved unto God, when you study the bible with a teachable spirit, God will revealed the truth to you.

what is the truth?

Catholic interpretation? aĺl sins are not equal

deeper life? wearing jewellery is a sin

christ embassy? husband is like a master wife a slave

oaroloye? slavery and rape morally right and endorsed by Yahweh

Mormonism? polygamy is not a sin and endorsed by god

Anglican? gay marriage is not a sin

toks2008? man can divorce woman for adultery woman can't do the same

OPM? women can be teachers and pastors in church

orthodox churches? women are brainless should not teach in church

so oga Malvisguy which one of these is God revealed truth?

3 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Stinson007(m): 4:41pm On May 30, 2017
MayhorE:
I have one medicine I do prescribe for people like you, go and watch 'God's not Dead.'

Come back and let's chat when you are done with it
OGA movie Haba is well scripted to sale..
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by dalaman: 4:46pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:

They are not doctrinal issues. I just have you a passage about how the world was created. Many christians disagree overy what was written. Just tell me the context of the creation account. Is it an allegory? Was the earth created in 7 literal days as the young earth creationist say or was it created in a very long period as the old earth creationist claim? Which is the true context?

1 Like

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 5:04pm On May 30, 2017
dalaman:

They are not doctrinal issues. I just have you a passage about how the world was created. Many christians disagree overy what was written. Just tell me the context of the creation account. Is it an allegory? Was the earth created in 7 literal days as the young earth creationist say or was it created in a very long period as the old earth creationist claim? Which is the true context?
don't shift the argument, do all atheists believe in spiritualism ? some believe in the big bang while other don't, some believe in evolution but others don't. is this not the same issue we have in almost all religion ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 5:12pm On May 30, 2017
@ proudafrogal. I did not say this issue did not exist in Christianity, it does, in fact Jesus prophesied about it. what I am saying is that many religion has this same issue. there is some truth that you did not need a pastor to tell you if it wrong or right, gay is wrong, the speak heavily on it .
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by dalaman: 5:29pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
don't shift the argument, do all atheists believe in spiritualism ? some believe in the big bang while other don't, some believe in evolution but others don't. is this not the same issue we have in almost all religion ?

Athiest don't have no elusive holy spirit to guide them and interprete things for them. Christians claim they do.

1 Like

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by MayhorE(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2017
Stinson007:
OGA movie Haba is well scripted to sale..

boss, this is not side road movie and its motive is nt to make profit BT to win heartless and lost souls to Christ, so change you mentality on that thinking that all movies are made purposely to enrich their pocket
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by frank317: 6:53pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:

Atheists are freethinkers...why are u comparing them with Christians? Are Christians freethinkers?

Did any atheist ever tell u they have a creator guiding them? The only reason why people are called athesits is because they do not believe in the existence of God because there is not prove of any God, and not if evolution is true or not.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by malvisguy212: 6:58pm On May 30, 2017
frank317:

Atheists are freethinkers...why are u comparing them with Christians? Are Christians freethinkers?

Did any atheist ever tell u they have a creator guiding them? The only reason why people are called athesits is because they do not believe in the existence of God because there is not prove of any God, and not if evolution is true or not.
don't decieve your self, there is NOTHING like freethinkers, being a freethinker that's imply a CHOICE.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:03pm On May 30, 2017
frank317:

All atheists are not freethinkers since some atheists can be part of religion

Appeal to ignorance .

Anyway , there is sufficient evidence for God's existence .
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by AccidentalGenius: 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
don't decieve your self, there is NOTHING like freethinkers, being a freethinker that's imply a CHOICE.
you went from saying there's nothing like freethinkers to saying being a freethinker is a choice in 2 highly ignorant sentences. you sir, are extremely naive and willfully ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
I hate seeing ATHEIST and LOGIC together in a sentence cause atheism defiles logic itself; it's filled with sentiments and constant strive to win an argument, even if it means being illogical. I'm not confined to any religion or labels, but I do believe in the existence of a God. Christianity isn't whole with truth, but atheism is foolishness.
Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by AccidentalGenius: 7:19pm On May 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

All atheists are not freethinkers since some atheists can be part of religion

Appeal to ignorance .

Anyway , there is sufficient evidence for God's existence .

your reputation as an ignorant liar truely preceeds you here. how can atheist be part of a religion? thats like saying dogs drive cars! sometimes i really wonder if as a person, you are deeply rooted in ignorance as you so often project with reckless abandon on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:23pm On May 30, 2017
AccidentalGenius:

your reputation as an ignorant liar truely preceeds you here. how can atheist be part of a religion? thats like saying dogs drive cars! sometimes i really wonder if as a person, you are deeply rooted in ignorance as you so often project with reckless abandon on nairaland

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by AccidentalGenius: 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

lack of belief is not a religion. the only common ground between two atheist is a lack of belief. theres no gathering. you dont even understand the image you quoted. you are a remarkable specie!

2 Likes

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 30, 2017
Argue with ebuka at your leisure.. Best advice to any who encounters him

1 Like

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:29pm On May 30, 2017
HenryDion:
I hate seeing ATHEIST and LOGIC together in a sentence cause atheism defiles logic itself; it's filled with sentiments and constant strive to win an argument, even if it means being illogical. I'm not confined to any religion or labels, but I do believe in the existence of a God. ... atheism is foolishness.

There's nothing logical about atheism . And you are right , atheism defies logic itself .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11 Verses That Turns Christians To Atheism. by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 30, 2017
malvisguy212:
@ proudafrogal. I did not say this issue did not exist in Christianity, it does, in fact Jesus prophesied about it. what I am saying is that many religion has this same issue. there is some truth that you did not need a pastor to tell you if it wrong or right, gay is wrong, the speak heavily on it .

so you agree the bible is not infallible. it is full of contradictions and ambiguous and contains some immoral stuffs by modern standards which makes different sects to pick and choose which part further their arguments.

The point of this thread is to show the immoral aspects that make some people question if it is really of God or inspired by God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Creationist Propaganda And Misinformation... / Sunday Sermon: Do You Truly Love God? (1) / Why Do People Ignore Or Fear The Supernatural?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.