Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,613 members, 7,770,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:14 PM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (321646 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Beyy: 2:11am On Jul 25, 2017
Hello house. Please what's the latest?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chelseap: 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
Its best to assume a case of formality cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by L0rdRahl: 8:35pm On Aug 02, 2017
chelseap:
Its best to assume a case of formality cheesy
yes o! Nobody on nairaland made the next stage.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by GentlemanAyo(m): 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2017
People have kip qwayet on this thread, so all those big grammars, and long essays on this thread has come to an end, LMAO. Never! We need our Orubebes back. Abi they don collect from Shell ni? Loling really hard...... Shell has not sent a success mail, ehn it is robot, UK first class graduate didn't make it, I know of....., we know of...., my group is.... share screenshot or idonbeliveit, Shell can not start a message with....., some pple have resumed, I live in Port Harcourt, Shell is beside my...... Chai! Pple can talk sha.. lol.

Let Me start a new orubebesim, I just received a success mail from Shell, my video interview is tomorrow and no screenshot please.

7 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
Lol, no regret for being part of the noisemakers at a time. The job is really worth the hype but sadly many of us never knew it would end like this.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by hugochuks60(m): 6:54am On Aug 03, 2017
adenuga360:
Lol, no regret for being part of the noisemakers at a time. The job is really worth the hype but sadly many of us never knew it would end like this.

loollzzzz choi!!!! Na so some of us take miss our dream job. well such is life. I guess about 90% of us here didn't qualify for d next stage. just a handful of us here did. I wish them all d best in d next stage.
for those of u that didn't make it, just keep hope alive, continue with anything u r doing, look out for better opportunities, shell is not d only energy company in d world. I know of people who work else where n even earn better packages than shell workers. so I pray that God will bless us with better n high paying jobs even in this country that seem hopeless n lack vision for their youths.
all d same I will advice us to focus more on being creative.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chloride6: 8:25pm On Aug 03, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo na wa oooh!!!!

I dont think Shell wanted to actually hire jare, cos this is so funny. grin grin grin

Previous years people actually followed the process up to SRD and after.

Even jraushub can't boast of any successful candidate.

7 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Drnice: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Today marks 2 months after the application. Haven't heard of anyone who made it to the final stage. Though, knew of a person who got the livewire training & mistook it as SRD. Any news yet?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chelseap: 7:46pm On Aug 16, 2017
Just move on already, it's over already, and whoever got in, congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jamesbridget13(f): 3:48pm On Aug 21, 2017
Drnice:
Today marks 2 months after the application. Haven't heard of anyone who made it to the final stage. Though, knew of a person who got the livewire training & mistook it as SRD. Any news yet?
congrats to him. Why shell no invite me for d livewire na
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Xavier89: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2017
This was quite an interesting thread though. I just want to say somethings too.

Accepting failure is a great step to becoming successful. (I said Accepting Failure not DEFEAT). When you accept that u failed at something, you should be motivated to improve yourself in the area you have failed in. Failing doesn't make u a failure, it only points out that there is a lapse that needs to be filled.

Having said that, most people who came here to condem or complain about the process just because they didn't proceed to the next stage simply refused to accept that they didn't do well enough. Others already had the mindset that the process would be hijacked by backyard runs and magomago and getting a rejection email was just what they needed to prove themselves right. Others thought they were too good to have not been selected to proceed to the next stage. And now some persons are saying shell never wanted to recruit. Lol.

Well News Flash!!!. People don finish medicals sef o. At least I can say I know three persons that have gotten an offer to resume in October, two of which are Nigerian graduates with a 2.1. I think only like 5% of applicants actually made the second stage. That's how bad it was, and why? That's the mystery question. But from my own experience and small knowledge I can give my opinion on why.

How did you handle the video aspect of your first stage? That's the main aspect that knocked majority off the race. For those that used cellphones even though the site adviced u can, you stood a lesser chance compared to those who used a PC. This aspect was meant to reduce the stress of inviting a lot of people for a face to face only to select less than 2% and not for u to freestyle. It was meant to be exactly as a normal face to face interview would be. That includes your dressing, sitting posture, background view and noise, eye contact (in this case looking into the camera of your PC and not at yourself on the screen) and not being a robot (for those who crammed what they were going to say rather than flowing naturally). Other things like tailoring ur answer to match what Shell does and look out for. For example WHY SHELL? Did u talk about ur interest in a global brand? How u intend to contribute? How you were inspired by their world class projects like the PRELUDE FLOATING LNG ship/platform, how Shell prides themselves in taking the lead in being World firsts in world class novel projects and all sort? That first question "Why shell" was also a determining factor the following questions were just looking out for your working style and adaptability.

It would also interest you to know that the first stage accessment was done from Shell international offices. For example the phone calls for stage two came from Philippines and other correspondence came from the UK. the asseasors for the face to face of stage two were Shell staffs in Nigeria and they had no role to play other than write down what u say and read questions to you. They had no role to play in the decision making. For me this was the expected outcome of the process. I mean, graduates from 2013 - 2016? Come on guys. Many are called but only a few are chosen, Only the prepared onces.

I know a lot of people would have attacking comments about the credibility of what I'm saying but like I said it's just an opinion. The guy who posted a screen shot of his success to the second stage wasn't wise to have done that, he was however very smart to take it down as soon as he could which was a good move. But still people were doubting o. That one tire me sha. ��.

Anyways, don't ask me who I am cus I won't answer, don't ask me if I was successful cus I won't say either. All I can say is people made it from this thread and chose to keep quiet for good reasons, which any HR personnel would advice. Some of us are still pretty young which means after a year shell will recruit again. If u really wanna beat the band, start preparing. Keep an open mind. Practice on-demand video interviews.
Some of us know where we messed up sef. Take everything serious. I know of a guy who even sprayed perfume as if they were going to perceive the fragrance through the video �. That's how serious some persons took it. Learn how to sell ur self when answering strategic based questions (Tell me about a time....). Don't forget to learn how the use the wow factor too. I mean hype the company by highlighting their achievements. It demenostrates your keen interest in the organisation you're interviewing for.

Many more things to say but lemme end it here.

Never feel bad or ashamed for failing. Failure is just another opportunity to learn what you didn't know. We will all get what we desire if we work hard wisely for it. Never think you're well prepared but never get worked up about that either.

I pray that we all get what we're looking for, dream jobs and all. Just keep working hard and improving yourself.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chimztar(m): 2:57pm On Aug 31, 2017
Mr. Xavier89, pls I wud like to have ur contact either phone no. or email. U can text it to my no.: 08163217294 Also, here is my email: chimztar@gmail.com
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Teeboy22(m): 5:01am On Sep 01, 2017
Uwaiwe:
go back and click start interview it will take you back to where you stop.dont panic cos u will have to upload when you are done

Hello , how are you.pls
Mssg.me on whatsapp @ 08188868671
Thanks
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Galaseller: 6:10am On Sep 23, 2017
Guys , concluded a month long training yesterday and today I can proudly say I am a shell worker. Thank God gala selling days are now over. God wey do am for me go do am for all of una. Amen

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by god2good: 7:30am On Sep 23, 2017
Galaseller:
Guys , concluded a month long training yesterday and today I can proudly say I am a shell worker. Thank God gala selling days are now over. God wey do am for me go do am for all of una. Amen
Are u nt going to UK again?

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Galaseller: 9:19am On Sep 23, 2017
god2good:

Are u nt going to UK again?

I am, want to work out money for flight tickets first
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by god2good: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2017
Galaseller:

I am, want to work out money for flight tickets first
Before u leave, pls contact me and link me up to fill the space in shell o.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Galaseller:

Congrats Galaseller!
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Techliet(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Techliet(m): 10:46am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2017
Techliet:
apply for spdc recruitment or shell recruitment is currently going on, apply at https://www.entrepreneur.ng/latest-job/shell-recruitment/

Mtcheeweew. You are nothing but a nicompoom

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Chibexe: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2017
I resumed today

8 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by MzSheila: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Congrats. i feel so jealous right now, lols
Chibexe:
I resumed today
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ekwemama: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Chibexe:
I resumed today
oniranu oshi...how can u resume at NBC on Monday and shell on Friday.... fear God ohh

7 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Nov 05, 2017
ekwemama:

oniranu oshi...how can u resume at NBC on Monday and shell on Friday.... fear God ohh

Hahaha the hustle is real
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Efunbanke1914: 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2017
Check out this thread if you're considering any of these courses: MBA, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour, Management and Production/Operations Management

https://www.nairaland.com/4172485/unilag-2018-2019-post-graduate
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
No news for this years recruitment? last year it came out around june
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by chloride6: 12:29am On Aug 19, 2018
i meet someone who made the last stage for this recruitment.

Shell have cancelled SRD.

They give you a topic and you discuss with two panelist
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by taretoofine(m): 11:23am On Aug 27, 2018
Greatbee:
Yes. the materiall is perfect. i think we share d same cramming capacity. but weda someone will get d job sef, dat one is another kettle of fish.
please can you share the material with me boszpreyeeee@yahoo.com thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (Reply)

Unadvertised Vacancies / PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.