Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner (2315 Views)

Advice Needed :is The Playstation 3 Still A Worthy Buy In 2015? / Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! / Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner by vokalguy(m): 2:55am On Jan 31, 2007
Best Console I ever had/played, started wit the ps1 in Nigeria, the ps2 here and now i want u 2 live in ur world and play in mine.

First of all the backwards compactibility issue is a concern to people, i mean yea u can play ur ps2 and ps1 discs on it and it looks so good on HD. One thing i really love bout the console is the Wireless Sixaxis controller, it is off the chain, i mean i only touched the 'ON' button once, you can turn ur console on and off by using the wireless controller, it uses bluetooth technology and i am glad sony sticked to the original playstation2 design when they were making the controller. The Browser is really Good, just like internet explorer but its only better cus it looks good when browsing in HD and all, but i would recommend a keyboard or mouse in future. I have not watched a movie on it yet so i can't say much bout that, hmm what else, o yea there is no slot for ur ps2 memory card, so u have to buy a memory card adapter 4 it which sucks, but overall its the console of the future.

Re: The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner by texazzpete(m): 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2007
Interesting.
1. Backwards compatibility is useless for 99% of Nigerian ps2 owners, since the ps3 wont play copied ps2 games, and the original games raent region free. also, ps2 and ps1 games look slightly worse in HD. In fact, since the ps3 cant upscale ps1 and ps2 games, they play at 480p max, and there are jaggies in many ps2 games.

2. The Sixaxis controller lacks rumble support. That leaves it feeling light and cheap. Also, you have to press the button in the middle EVERY time u turn the game on. The Xbox360 has to be paired just Once! and you can turn on the xbox360 easilty witht he equally wireless pad.

3. The browser is nowhere near Internet explorer, with limited css support and it's kinda slow compared to IE or firefox. read online reviews if u doubt me.

4. You don't need a memory card adaptor to save ps2 games. the ps2 creates an internal memory card, so when playing ps2/ps1 games it saves there. U sure u actually have a ps3? Cos if you've run a ps2 game on it lik eu claim u have, you'd have seen this option.

Strange that you play the 'Actual Owner' card. i've had my ps3 since december 20th, and i know better than to write a 'review' of a 600 dollar game console without mentioning actual gameplay on it. Did you buy the console just to ogle at the Pad?

The Ps3 right now is struggling to live up to it's hype, it's being beaten by the Wii at the moment, the demand has slackened and the games out on it have largely received lacklustre review. gamespot just did a review showing that games on both the xbox360 and the ps3 had slightly better graphics on the 360. at least for now.

Do something useful with the ps3. i see u have the 60Gb version like i do. Install yellow Dog Linux and convert your ps3 to a linux computer. i run Snes games, watch Divx movies and play VCDs on my ps3. that's the way to go until sony gets their act together!
Re: The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner by dakmanzero(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2007
lol!

tp, cut him some slack

he has to feel good about the 130,000 bucks he just burned!  grin

The whole linux shindig is the only thing that sounds remotely good about the ps3, and then for that price i'd rather buy a friggin laptop (does EVERYTHING ps3+linux does including TV-out! and with DVD playback! Full-featured! plus portable!)

anyway here are my answers to his points:

1) BC- bc is useless as TP said. We all have pirated discs that dont work. And even if we had the real stuff, the region is probably wrong anyway. PLUS ps2 games look bad on HD unlike xbox games, which are upscaled by the 360. However you will get to play God Of War, which is cool smiley

2) Nice controller! I prefer my 360 pad, sha! Analogue triggers, instant on, wireless, plus real force-feedback (not tacky rumble) and proper placement of the d-pad!

3) well, browsing is a bonus I guess. *shrug*. Wh y browse on the tv, sha,

4) ah ah now tp, give him some space, na. He just bought the thing. See he has pictures! Nice room, btw cheesy

Hey vokal_guy, do u know u can just plug in ANY usb keyboard and mouse to your Ps3 and it will recognise them? YES! the 360 does this for keyboards, not sure about the mouse sha. I guess ill try when I get home.

Anyway I will wait for 18 months to get a ps3. My xbox 360 looks set to dominate the scene fopr at least that long. when the big ps3 games start to come out maybe I'll switch. But, not now.
Re: The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner by vokalguy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 31, 2007
dakmanzero:

Hey vokal_guy, do u know u can just plug in ANY usb keyboard and mouse to your Ps3 and it will recognise them? YES! the 360 does this for keyboards, not sure about the mouse sha. I guess ill try when I get home.

well ain't really tried pluggin in the usb keyboard, and the picture quality from the older ps games has improved cus sony released a firmware last two weeks so its like near perfect on HD

(1) (Reply)

I Think Am The 1st Person To Finish Gta Iv On Nairaland / E-pes 2020 Mobile Accounts For Sale / Have U Finished All The Levels In Zuma Revenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.