Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! (1878 Views)

Advice Needed :is The Playstation 3 Still A Worthy Buy In 2015? / How To Hack Psp 3004 Version 6.31 And Other Versins / Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by texazzpete(m): 9:24am On Sep 04, 2010
PSGroove, The open source PS3 jailbreak was released a few days ago. In it's current state it requires hex editing a custom usb board to work, and as you can expect those have been sold off worldwide.
But an intrepid hacker has managed to port the app over to the N900 phone. So if you got an N900 and a playstation 3, hit the link below for details

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=12803
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 04, 2010
And what does the hack do? It's too ambiguous for me to embark on it.
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by texazzpete(m): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2010
9jaganja:

And what does the hack do? It's too ambiguous for me to embark on it.

This is the real deal, my man. You'll be able to install a Backup manager to rip your games to a USB HDD. Works on all PS3s, including the slim. Can back up Blurays, and if you got a compatible PS3, you can even back up PS2 games and install.

Tutorial for the N900 version (and video)

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2010/09/03/psfreedom-hack-your-ps3-using-a-nokia-n900/
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Bawss1(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2010
I can't believe this is happening! cheesy
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Bawss1(m): 11:23am On Sep 05, 2010
@TP
Just wanted to find out; have you successfully installed the hack yourself?
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by texazzpete(m): 7:16am On Sep 06, 2010
I don't have an N900. it's being ported to iPhone sha, when that's don i'll try it.
But it works, 100%. You'll probably find videos on YouTube. Android ports should be out very soon.
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Bawss1(m): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2010
Wish you had installed the hack.
While this hack does appear enticing I'm concerned about Sony's reaction in future firmware updates. I mean I don't want my console locked or anything like that. I'll be watching this to see how this plays out.
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Bawss1(m): 9:10am On Sep 07, 2010
Just as I suspected Sony's latest firmware update(3.42) says it fixes the patch exploited by the jailbreak.
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by texazzpete(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2010
Dude, there are articles out now on how to bypass the new firmware update

it's also cheaper to buy another PS3 for offline play only since you'll be able to save cash from the games you'll run.
Watch out for more nice homebrew on the PS3 to make it worth it. Plus this may usher in a world of custom firmwares just like the PSP. The future is glorious indeed grin
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by iykedee: 10:28am On Sep 07, 2010
I have a PS3 and a Nokia N900 but I just don't want to take the risk cos Sony will definitely screw me over with a new firmware upgrade
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Chuckdee(m): 3:15am On Sep 08, 2010
There already is a compulsory update  firmware up from sony that patches the hack. Don't just go online with your machines yet if you wanna try the hack sometime.
@ Tex, yeah, its really a welcome development cos the ps3 has basically being an under-used machine, its abilities and capabilities have really being wasting.
Re: Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! by Hephaestos: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
texazzpete:

Dude, there are articles out now on how to bypass the new firmware update

it's also cheaper to buy another PS3 for offline play only since you'll be able to save cash from the games you'll run.
Watch out for more nice homebrew on the PS3 to make it worth it. Plus this may usher in a world of custom firmwares just like the PSP. The future is glorious indeed  grin

I agree with u, you can now even spoof the latest 3.55 Firmware grin, How many of us can even connect to PSN talk-less of enjoy online game play with our embarrassing internet connection speeds  angry. The PS3Break V1.2 is the device to have. It can now downgrade consoles with Firmware as high as FW 3.50 back to FW 3.41 to enable them be hacked and still lets you run backups etc. Most interestingly you can now downgrade your Console back to Firmware 3.15 to re-enable the ability to install Other OS (Linux) cheesy.
Source:  http://www.ps3breakng.com/

(1) (Reply)

My Oga At The Top Game / Top Android Mobile Games On Playstore 2017 / A Genius Should Get This Right.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.