Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,006 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South (41663 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / Detail Updates Of My Ginger Farm Project In Southern Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2017
NemoNKjunior:
The people farming lyk students of G.S.S. fada kaje... ginger d financial farm of KD... love d richly of soil....
the new principal of g.s.s fadan kaje is now very strict on students concerning students farming or doing jobs. once cought expelling them is the only thing he will do.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 8:48am On Jun 02, 2017
Gizamann:
my farm is in madakiya (attas) precisely, but I'm currently in abuja my bros takes care of it. I will welcome a collabo to get along with the rest of the process like applying fertilizer and spraying of herbicides etc.
@tabitha kazah za brang
good one. give me a call on 08039274894.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Iliveon: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2017
@Agathabishen, what is the current price of sliced ginger. I have 21 bags of sliced ginger but I have not been able to sell since January cos the fall in price.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2017
wasuka14:
Can d ginger be planted in kwara state?? Love it
yes. but will advice you yo test the soil
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
hrykanu231:
Agriculture seems to be the new "crude oil" I wish we can have honest people. Investing in it won't be a problem sef @Agathabishen, if someone invest some money in your business(thats assuming you like the idea). What's the Return on Investment like, that's assuming #2m is given?
ginger is very lucrative. you will at least get 100% of your investment. ginger is now called alert in my place. you can sell it anytime.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2017
Iliveon:
@Agathabishen, what is the current price of sliced ginger. I have 21 bags of sliced ginger but I have not been able to sell since January cos the fall in price.
the price is still down. I learned the custom boss puts a particular tariff on exportable that's why many exporters can not export. the price is 14-16k
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by BECALMBECALM(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2017
@op, i love what you are doing.May God bless your effort.I love northern Nigeria so much though i am from the east.I was born and brought up in kano state.We left north because of frequent killings and crisis.The best place i would have love to stay in Nigeria,(Jos,Kaduna, Kano).I love agriculture but cant indulge in it because of unavailability of affordable farmland in my location.Goodluck my sister.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by adanny01(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2017
begwong:
Ginger business is now booming in southern kaduna, with investors /interested buyers coming directly for purchase/farming.
It is called "alert'' because of the speed to which it is required and purchased swiftly.

It is vey good to see all that happening. However, the real profiteers are the Hausa Alhaji's from Kano and lately Kafanchan.

They buy ginger and store in warehouses, employ local women to cut, process and bag the ginger to the exporter's specifications before selling in a whole truck load quantity. They go away with maximum profits because most times, the foreign importers come and buy directly at warehouses, pay export agents to export products to their countries.

Initially, the ginger market was in Kano. The interested importers had no idea where the ginger was actually sourced and where paying more which included transportation and cost of processing in Kano. With time, in a bid to get it cheaper, the processing was done in Kafanchan using local women but foreign importers had to inspect the product. They were brought to Kafanchan and before you know, they came on their own to Kafanchan asking for the product. Alhaji's in Kafanchan with requisite capital took up the request and voila.......!

Thats how the Kano market is moving gradually to the source which is southern Kaduna. The next best thing is turmeric. Infact, i got several truck load request for turmeric last year but lack of capital and warehouse facility made me give the business up.

It is not easy processing (i give it up to those women) ginger in a residential area and will put you at logger heads with neighbours but the Hausa are more tolerant to their neighbours business. Driving past processing locations, you have to wind up windows or next thing you are coughing your lungs out and your nose running like Matsirga water falls!

4 Likes

Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:31am On Jun 02, 2017
BECALMBECALM:
@op, i love what you are doing.May God bless your effort.I love northern Nigeria so much though i am from the east.I was born and brought up in kano state.We left north because of frequent killings and crisis.The best place i would have love to stay in Nigeria,(Jos,Kaduna, Kano).I love agriculture but cant indulge in it because of unavailability of affordable farmland in my location.Goodluck my sister.

kano and Jos is peaceful now. its only in southern Kaduna that there is a herdsmen issues. but as long as you don't leave in all those villages that are scanty you don't have a problem.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 9:47am On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=adanny01
It is not easy processing (i give it up to those women) ginger in a residential area and will put you at logger heads with neighbours but the Hausa are more tolerant to their neighbours business. Driving past processing locations, you have to wind up windows or next thing you are coughing your lungs out and your nose running like Matsirga water falls![/quote]
wow! nice writeup and you really get the problem very well. check my signature and whatsapp me let's discuss the way forward
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by hrykanu231(m): 9:55am On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

ginger is very lucrative. you will at least get 100% of your investment. ginger is now called alert in my place. you can sell it anytime.

That's great, so I will like to ask. Do u subscribe to people investing in the business through u?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by grandstar(m): 10:06am On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

am not a corp member. am from Kafanchan and knows Madakiya very well. are you still there?

Are you guys threatened by Fulani mercenaries?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2017
hrykanu231:

That's great, so I will like to ask. Do u subscribe to people investing in the business through u?
yes I do.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 10:54am On Jun 02, 2017
grandstar:

Are you guys threatened by Fulani mercenaries?
the solutions to herdsmen is not to stay in a very small village with less people. they find it hard to attack large settlement
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by bizzibodi(m): 11:10am On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

you can. a bag is 8k
ok,can ginger b planted without forming buds?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by grandstar(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

the solutions to herdsmen is not to stay in a very small village with less people. they find it hard to attack large settlement

True. Tru tok
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
gidjah:
the amiable kaje people, I like u guys, very good at farming. I am coming for that ginger b4 the end of this year. lets share contact sister Agahta .sannu da Aiki mama na !
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

1. farm is 1 hectare
2. we planted 6 tonnes of fresh ginger that's 100 bags of fresh ginger. and expecting at least 500 bags
3. about 1.4m and hoping to sell for like 3m but you should know that like many other agro commodity the prize of ginger is not fixed
4. 6-8 months
5. not decided whether to sell fresh or dry.
OP I understand the 'bag' unit of measure more than the metric tonnes. The 100 bags of fresh ginger you planted, was it 100 bags before cutting it for planting or 100 bags after cutting? Because I know the volume normally decreases after cutting it for planting. You are doing a great job my sister. Proud offspring of Chongailand just like me.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Agathabishen(f): 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

OP I understand the 'bag' unit of measure more than the metric tonnes. The 100 bags of fresh ginger you planted, was it 100 bags before cutting it for planting or 100 bags after cutting? Because I know the volume normally decreases after cutting it for planting. You are doing a great job my sister. Proud offspring of Chongailand just like me.
before cutting. which part of chongai land are you from?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by slurryeye2: 4:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

hectares of land in most part of Nigeria depends on how far or near it is to the city, that's what deternine the price. but 200k to 1 mil can get you an hectare depending on location, priximity to access road, desperation on part of the seller etc. there are tractors for rent but planting is still manual and so with the harvesting

Thanks for your response, you are truly a genuine person. I wish you all the best
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Agathabishen:

before cutting. which part of chongai land are you from?
kagarko, used to reside in kaf
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by A7(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

She said:
6 tonnes
100 bags

A tonne is 1000kg
6 tonnes is 6000kg

6000(kg ) / 100(bags) = 60

So, 1 bag is 60kg.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by vatiqan(m): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
@ op, is the ginger farming reserved for a particular weather condition?
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by wasuka14(m): 7:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
By who? Who are d soil tester?
Agathabishen:
yes. but will advice you yo test the soil
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by ashcall(m): 7:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
vatiqan:
@ op, is the ginger farming reserved for a particular weather condition?
have land to lease out along Kaduna -Abuja express way..these land are extremely good for ginger call 08091916405
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
A7:

She said:
6 tonnes
100 bags

A tonne is 1000kg
6 tonnes is 6000kg

6000(kg ) / 100(bags) = 60

So, 1 bag is 60kg.
That definition of tonne will change after the cutting of the ginger because a bag before cutting will be lighter than after cutting.
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by vatiqan(m): 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
ashcall:
have land to lease out along Kaduna -Abuja express way..these land are extremely good for ginger call 08091916405

too far from me. I'm based in the rain forest belt
Re: Our Ginger Farm In Kaduna South by Generalwoodz(m): 9:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
We planted 70 pan though... I dont know its equivalent in bags...The farm is located somewhere in jankasa zango kataf...And fulani herdsmen wants ruin everything but we're ready for them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bird I Caught This Morning In My Compound In Abia / Get Your Motorized Sprayer and Battery Sprayer From Us At affordable Price. / Why Cassava Farmers Should Choose The TME 419 Variety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.