Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,847 members, 7,831,741 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order (30486 Views)

CAN Backs Placing Of Nigeria On Watchlist By US / Sanwo-Olu Honours Chaplain Femi Taiwo, Sacked After Encounter With Ambode’s Wife / Nigerians React As They Recall Problem Between Ambode’s Wife And Sacked Chaplain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by slowice(m): 9:36pm On May 30, 2017
So giving a man and his family 24hrs to quit is now normal abi? Okay bolanle you ve 24hrs to vacate Lagos state government house..... Whatever be his crime... CAN sorry oo
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by fergie001: 9:38pm On May 30, 2017
metro2:
The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Lagos State Chapter on Tuesday denied involvement of the wife of the State Governor, Mrs Bolanle Ambode in the sacking of former Presiding Chaplain of Chapel of Christ the Light, Alausa, Venerable Femi Taiwo, saying that the allegation was not only untrue but unjust and erroneous.

A newspaper had alleged in its series of reports that Taiwo was sacked for allegedly disrespecting Mrs Ambode by failing to accord her due recognition during an anointing service.

But addressing a press conference at the church premises on Tuesday, CAN leadership in the State, denied the allegation, saying that the Governing Council of the church acted within the law to relieve the chaplain of his duties.

CAN Chairman in the State, Apostle Alex Bamgbola said the information contained in the media reports was totally far from the truth, and that it was unfortunate that the public was fed with totally untrue story.

He said for the records, the chapel was established by the State Government for its officials and members of the public with a Governing Council running its affairs through a standing Constitution.

He said under the constitution of the chapel, the Governing Council, which reports to the Lagos State Government through the Ministry of Home Affairs, has the legal authority to appoint two officers to run the church who are the Presiding Chaplain and the Chaplain.

He said: “The Governing Council has the constitutional responsibility and authority to recruit and to terminate two officers who run the Chapel who are the presiding Chaplain, who is the senior officer and the Chaplain, who is the deputy. So, the presiding chaplain and the chaplain are officers of the chapel and officers of the government of Lagos State.

“With this clarification, it should be known by the general public that these two officers who run the chapel are strictly officers of the State Government and they are subject to terms and conditions of employment of the State Government.

“When this matter began, many well-meaning Christians and elders tried to look at things and see how to work on the issue so that it does not get to the point we have seen. Well, the fact is, having investigated the matter carefully and objectively, that is CAN Lagos State, we wish to state here today that the Governing Council that recruited Venerable Taiwo acted within its constitutional authority to terminate the appointment of Venerable Taiwo,” Bamgbola said.

He added that the allegation and especially the appointing fingers on the wife of the Governor was absolutely unfortunate, and it was most unfortunate that a media house decided to sell its paper with untrue story.

Bamgbola, who addressed the briefing alongside top leaders of CAN in the State, said: “In particular and most unfortunate is the accusation of our revered and most responsible First Lady of Lagos State, Deaconess Mrs Bolanle Ambode as being instrumental to the termination of the appointment of the presiding chaplain because of one anointing service.

“We wish to state clearly here today that this is far from the truth. We want the press to know this and we want to thank all of you because the press has been quite on this matter except a particular paper that has been selling its paper through this matter which is unjust, unfair and does not portray professionalism.

“Deaconess Mrs Bolanle Ambode as far as we know is a true woman of God who fears God and lives a godly live and whom it has pleased God to raise to be first Lady of Lagos State at this time. The error of judgment by the said newspaper is most unfortunate and unfair to her, unfair to the entire Lagos State Government and unfair to the church at large in Lagos.

“We are therefore appealing to the press and the social media to please desist henceforth from publishing and circulating erroneous publication concerning this matter,” he said.

When asked whether Taiwo was given notice before ejection from his official residence, Bamgbola answered in the affirmative, but said it would be inappropriate to start discussing the offence of the chaplain on the pages of newspaper.

He said for now, the CAN leadership has taken over the matter and would resolve it, but urged media practitioners to desist from circulating untrue story to the public.

Also speaking, Rt Rev. Michael Adeyemi, Bishop of African Church, Ifako Diocese, the church where the former chaplain was seconded to the Chapel, said the church was satisfied with the position taken so far by CAN.

He said: “The matter is already under the control of CAN. We are very much satisfied with what CAN is doing. We appreciate Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and our mother, his wife, Mrs Bolanle Ambode. The Governor has achieved a lot in the State and we are satisfied with him.

“On behalf of African Church, I will appeal that we are happy with CAN. The most important thing is to do what will glorify God. We have the mandate of African Church to say that we are in agreement with what CAN is doing on the matter,” Adeyemi said.

Other clergymen who attended the briefing are Lagos State CAN Secretary, Baba Aladura, Isreal Adewo; Lagos State CAN Treasurer, Rt Rev. Stephen Adegbite of Methodist Church; CAN Vice Chairman, Lagos State, Rev Dr Emmanuel Oguntoshin; and Bishop Adebanjo Gabriel Taiwo of African Church.

SIGNED

LOOKMAN SERIKI

PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER

MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS

LAGOS STATE

MAY 30, 2017

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/chaplain-lagos-can-backs-ambode-says.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
So,can I know why my comment was taken down?
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by sapele914(m): 9:41pm On May 30, 2017
olapink:

they should have told us is offence and put the punch newspaper to shame. condemning the newspaper and defending the governor's wife is trying to cover up what really happened.
Why didn't the punch newspaper tell you the clergyman's offence?The money in Alausa chapel is too much,offering did not match remittance,number one rule of the Mafia do not steal from the church,they will never forgive you.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by corpershun: 9:44pm On May 30, 2017
I am not even aggrieved, they can support who they deem right but my own question is if it was a Muslim governor, would they have accepted the sack or would they cry foul?

it's a rhetorical question. Don't quote me

1 Like

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Iyascobobby: 9:47pm On May 30, 2017
The Biblical Position on the Lagos Chapel Pastor Sack

"Everyone must obey the state authorities(constituted authorities), because no authority exists without God's permission, and the existing authorities have been put there by God...do what is good, and they will praise you...but if you do evil, then be afraid of them, because their power to punish is real. They are God's servants and carry out God's punishment on those who do evil...pay,then what you owe them; pay them your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honour for them all". - Romans 13: 1-7 (Good News Bible)

My take: The Pastor disrespected the same God he claimed he's serving and the constituted authority that appointed him to the position, then he must pay for his sins accordingly
To the pastor's christian sympathizers, go and study your Bible well.
The pastor should seek for forgiveness both from his God and the Constituted authority

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Chukwudozzie(m): 9:47pm On May 30, 2017
Stop commenting like a kid who is just experiencing puberty, go to the Lagos State Secretariat there is a mosque of the same administration there.
fatiaforreal:
Lagos State government runs a church?
Yet Muslims are not screaming "christainization", then those who have been shouting "islamization" should visit the nearest psychiatrist to them for immediate treatment.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by NicoBaba(m): 9:47pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
cheesy
Oduduwa must be so ashamed
His people are so timid maybe because of the drawy soup they eat.

What do you expect from cowards...

They should go and ask what Fr Mbaka did to Chimaroke Nnamani as governor or even to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Or what happened to Governor Ohakim in IMO state.

Igbo religious leaders are never timid
I be Afonja..... buh u my Igbo bro just made sense.. I give it to u. cheers
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Cloud007: 9:48pm On May 30, 2017
Heaven listening to CAN explanations.

Angel Gabriel:https:

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by back2sender: 9:53pm On May 30, 2017
jeff1993:
When will we learn that Politics n Religion are like Oil and Water!!!! ..... They can never MIX!!!!

Afonjas can never fail to Dissapoint !!!!! ..... They can never Comprehend either!!!!!
Christianity is a fraud. Can they try this with an iman?
Its not about been an afonja or not, Nigerians should do away with christianity its destroying the south. Lets go back to our juju because during these era there was justice and truth if not naa juju go kill you and your family for unaa sins committed
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Dujardin(m): 9:55pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
cheesy
Oduduwa must be so ashamed
His people are so timid maybe because of the drawy soup they eat.

What do you expect from cowards...

They should go and ask what Fr Mbaka did to Chimaroke Nnamani as governor or even to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Or what happened to Governor Ohakim in IMO state.

Igbo religious leaders are never timid

Fool, must you attach tribalism to everything? Myopic tribalistic bigot
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Cloud007: 10:09pm On May 30, 2017
Iyascobobby:
The Biblical Position on the Lagos Chapel Pastor Sack

"Everyone must obey the state authorities(constituted authorities), because no authority exists without God's permission, and the existing authorities have been put there by God...do what is good, and they will praise you...but if you do evil, then be afraid of them, because their power to punish is real. They are God's servants and carry out God's punishment on those who do evil...pay,then what you owe them; pay them your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honour for them all". - Romans 13: 1-7 (Good News Bible)

My take: The Pastor disrespected the same God he claimed he's serving and the constituted authority that appointed him to the position, then he must pay for his sins accordingly
To the pastor's christian sympathizers, go and study your Bible well.
The pastor should seek for forgiveness both from his God and the Constituted authority
smh continue the mix

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by larrymoore(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2017
the purpose is to exonerate ambode's wife, u can
lie to God
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by CioAngels(f): 10:21pm On May 30, 2017
Ha, CAN, men of god, is it becos of threat or bribe given to you to cover mr and mrs ambode's shame that resulted your lying against man of God? What a shame. Lagos church, just like lagos state house of governace where mr ambode is, mrs ambode can equaly take over the church to balance it up, afteral they are lagos properties. Shame to CAN. There were first ladies in lagos before mrs ambode. Hm. Men of god.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Antichristus: 10:23pm On May 30, 2017
WHAT A BIG SHAME.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by undisputedgbola(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2017
fatiaforreal:
Yet Muslims are not screaming "christainization", then those who have been shouting "islamization" should visit the nearest psychiatrist to them for immediate treatment.

Open your eyes and most especially your thinking faculty......

It's a chapel in the secretariat majorly for Christians working there, and for any other religious activity that pertains to christianity.

Is there no chapel and mosque in Aso rock?

Be free from prejudice...
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Akiintom: 10:35pm On May 30, 2017
CAN is forever a can of rotten worms.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by IYANGBALI: 10:36pm On May 30, 2017
See how these people sold out one of their own because of chicken change and plates of amala
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by IYANGBALI: 10:37pm On May 30, 2017
fatiaforreal:
you sound like a terrorist
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by undisputedgbola(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2017
corpershun:
I am not even aggrieved, they can support who they deem right but my own question is if it was a Muslim governor, would they have accepted the sack or would they cry foul?

it's a rhetorical question. Don't quote me
There's sense in your post......another school-of+thought!
Got me thinking....
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Angeleena(m): 11:05pm On May 30, 2017
sapele914:
Hater angeleena Merkel did I not tell you 2 days ago it was fake news for the haters of democracy. The truth is a bitter pill to swallow,I guess you probably know more than the CAN executives that gave the clergy the position,You misguided conspiracy theorist hypocrite,abi the clergyman na your papa brother?
stay,off my mention....u re,totally insignificant..
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by duchilock: 11:10pm On May 30, 2017
ivolt:

Think with your brain not your heart, the pastor is an employee of Lagos state government
and therefore can be sacked if he misbehaves.
Your attempt to blackmail the Lagos state government is dead on arrival.

Yes he can be sacked but not evicted under 24 hours.
It is never done anywhere as regards employer employee relationship for a 24 hours eviction notice. Even the court can never issue such.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 30, 2017
I am a Christian and I am ashamed of CAN. What the Fvck is going on!!!! Who is Ambode'S wife to drag our religion to the ground like this? First of all, why can't Mrs Ambode hire a publicist or a PR firm to handle the issue? She had the money to rent lawyers to do it now! Even I, a young counsel can write a rebuttal to refute all the allegations leveled against her. Just look at how she ignored Christian cries and hired old fools in Lagos CAN to do rebuttals for her?

God come and save your children ooo, money has completely destroyed your children on earth. Another issue is why is a LOOKMAN signing the statement on a Christian issue?

At this rate, we christians highly regret fighting for Ambode to be the Governor, it is better the muslims continue ruling us. This is very painful I swear. I now hate that skinny ass Mrs Ambode! Make I go rest abeg, these people no to kill me.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by mywells: 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
Bolanle Ambidextrous has rated her self low,she is now tag Jezebel a shame to the office of the First Lady.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by MorningDew2017(f): 11:39pm On May 30, 2017
Angeleena:
nonesense,because of peanuts, they're saying nonesense, he wasn't found wanting,not until she came for the communion service.
thank you babe for reading that long epistle,the long and short story is CAN and ambode cohorts know Wetin dey ground
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by deebrain(m): 11:46pm On May 30, 2017
Nothing annoys me more than watching the supposed holy church, back government excesses.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by hotcake: 12:10am On May 31, 2017
Jesus puts it all very well. When He comes back the second time, will there still be christianity on earth? For me my brother, I doubt
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Emiratedaboss1: 12:15am On May 31, 2017
There is mix up somewhere in this article, they can't even state d reason why he was sacked and asked to vacate d apartment under 24hrs..... so much dissapointed in CAN or TIN or whatever... Obviously they must've collected something or expecting something in redeming first Lady's image
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Wolexpoly: 12:29am On May 31, 2017
END TIME.......TIMO: 3:1 SAYS....IN D LAST DAYS, PERILIOUS TIME SHALL COME...MEN WILL BE LOVERS OF DEMSELVES....LOVERS OF MONEY. NO MORE MEN OF GOD...DEVIL INCARNATES PUTTIN ON WHITE ROBES......RELIGION HAS NOW MEDDLED WITH POLITICS. SAME BISHOP DAT CONDEMN D ACT IS NOW BACKING OUT BECOS HE HAS BEEN BRIBED.....SOME PPLE WILL BE SUPRISED AT THE THRONE OF JUDGEMENT WHEN GOD WILL SAY......"I KNOW U NOT U PEPETRATORS OF EVIL"
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by 2n2k(m): 2:36am On May 31, 2017
sunnysunny69:
He's a pastor working for Lagos state government under ministry of home affairs headed by a Muslim named lookman seriki. He won't get a fair deal. If Ambode's wife ask him to remove an imam, can he remove him with a 24 hour altimatum to vacate the mosque like that in Lagos state ?

You just had to rope in the Muslims into your church matter. Lookman Seriki that clearly signed the press release as a Public Affairs Officer of the ministry had to be disingenuously catapulted to the headship of a whole ministry by you.

Arrogance in ignorance.
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by ebakhaiyhe(m): 3:45am On May 31, 2017
Agreed that the governing council sacked him, why did you not state the offence since you are sure that he was mot sacked because of the issue related to the first lady?
What did you intend to achieve for the Church through this your press conference?
Why Is CAN more Catholic than the Pope or crying more than the Lagos first lady?
Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by kingPhidel(m): 6:11am On May 31, 2017
Eh... Den dey sack pastor ni?

Re: Chaplain: Lagos CAN Backs Ambode, Says Sack In Order by Boyooosa(m): 6:23am On May 31, 2017
awon jegudujera.
with this lipservice, i now confirm (they made me to conclude) that ambode's wife is not a good woman or an impostor. shikena!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Azuka Okwuosa – The Beloved Son Ojukwu Endorsed (photos) / BBC, Daily Trust Will Face Sanctions For Glorifying Terrorists - Lai Mohammed / Subsidy 101: Q &A On Subsidy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.