Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,820 members, 7,831,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? (810 Views)

Clubkonnect The High Ranking Scammer Website Partnered By This Forum / Price Of Garri Drops By 60% In Enugu / How Much Is The Price Of Rice In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Millz404(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2017
This is something i just don't get again. What is skyrocketing the price of garri to thesame level with rice. What is the price in your area and why do you think the price is that high.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 8:37pm On May 30, 2017
"Greed". Thats the simplest answer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by sleemoon(m): 8:38pm On May 30, 2017
Demand is higher than the supply.... 400naira per kongo
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by BlackDBagba: 8:41pm On May 30, 2017
Export....

There isn't enough to sell to Nigerians anymore so those that have sell for a higher price. Being a staple food, people still buy without much resistance to the price increase.

Before, it was Ghanian garri in the market; now you have Nigerian garri.

Abroad oo cheesy
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Sunofgod(m): 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
Dangote...
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Chekitaut: 8:43pm On May 30, 2017
Export & Greed
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by mynuel(m): 8:45pm On May 30, 2017
"Dollars" they would say then now dollar is bit down the price no gree fall permanently 'the price just dey go upan down like dollar' na joke o.
Btw the whole thing boils down to GREED
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 30, 2017
garri too

garri is a commodity who's price should never be changed! That's like God's greatest gift to man! especially Nigerians undecided grin
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Millz404(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2017
Sensual:
garri too

garri is a commodity who's price should never be changed! That's like God's greatest gift to man! especially Nigerians undecided grin

Garri too?
R u not in Nigeria?
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by CallmeAbbey: 8:51pm On May 30, 2017
Herdsmen
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 30, 2017
Millz404:

Garri too? R u not in Nigeria?
Garri hasn't changed price in my area undecided
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by CallmeAbbey: 8:52pm On May 30, 2017
Herdsmen
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Millz404(m): 8:57pm On May 30, 2017
Sensual:

Garri hasn't changed price in my area undecided

Well, there is only one way to explain that
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by dingbang(m): 9:09pm On May 30, 2017
Can't even remember the last time I Boughy garri... Soup is out of my menu
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by wadetaw202: 9:29pm On May 30, 2017
Millz404:
This is something i just don't get again. What is skyrocketing the price of garri to thesame level with rice. What is the price in your area and why do you think the price is that high.

I spoke with one of the women frying and selling garri. She said the tubber doesn't swell again like before during processing
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by flames007(m): 11:15pm On May 30, 2017
dingbang:
Can't even remember the last time I Boughy garri... Soup is out of my menu
What!!!! Don't u think you'r missing.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Joy83(m): 6:59am On May 31, 2017
It is to do food diversification from garri now because I don't know what is special in garri that causes eye problem.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Millz404(m): 7:06am On May 31, 2017
Joy83:
It is to do food diversification from garri now because I don't know what is special in garri that causes eye problem.

Which food is a substitute for garri?
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Joy83(m): 7:11am On May 31, 2017
Millz404:

Which food is a substitute for garri?
Must you drink garri?
Eba has many substitute that is even more nutritious, safe, and healthy.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Allwility: 7:20am On May 31, 2017
Farming. Most of the farmers are busy at this time of the year. No one has time to harvest and process garri. Besides, the tubers isn't 'rising'.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 31, 2017
Garri farmers finally realized they need decent pay for their hardwork. You too can do it bro.
Re: What Is Behind The High Price Of Garri? by Millz404(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2017
Allwility:
Farming. Most of the farmers are busy at this time of the year. No one has time to harvest and process garri. Besides, the tubers isn't 'rising'.

It didn't go up this time last year, its not like its a trend

(1) (Reply)

I Have Exams Tomorrow / functioning Car Wash company For Rent In Enugu, You Can Start Work Next Week / External Hard Drive For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.