Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (865030 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 11:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
queenitee:

I will come with two other girls
Good Idea bae... 1 would b holding d lamp while d oda 1 would b faning me while m driving u 2 places... so who r d girls, grincheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by igit270: 11:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Weldon my pretty Kim west,nice work, pls I want to ask a question o, can anybody tell me who is seriously in love between Nate and k.c?

Kim darling please I don't like the way kc Is comfortable were is that text message sender dey should come n treat him jare
Re: Love Hiccups by Gman1022(m): 1:18am On Jul 18, 2017
Wow.. Really following the story.. More wisdom Kimberlywest
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 3:21am On Jul 18, 2017
weldne maryann, gudluck nate and jane, LWKMD, vicky pls 4gve ken already,he has suffered

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Cont'd.

''I need to leave now'' K.C informed his guests.

They've been chatting non-stop for over 4 hours, he was enjoying the conversation and would have loved to continue if not that Ken texted to inform him that Vicky's mum has arrived Abuja.

''Leave?'' Mary asked, giving him a doubtful expression.

''I'm heading to the hospital, Ken's wife is about to go under the knives'' His words attracted pitiful stares from them and he sighed.

''What's wrong with her?'' Richard enquired.

Trying to remember the word the doctor had used earlier ''I think pre-clampsia''

''Pre-eclampsia'' Richard corrected and he nodded affirmingly.

''what's pre-eclampsia'' Maryann asked squeezing her face.

''It's a kind of disease that affects pregnant women, especially those carrying more than one, it usually shows itself, 20 weeks after the woman conceives, but can be undetected for a while. It can also happen after delivery'' Richard explained to them and they all nodded.

''Marrying a doctor is the best thing to do in this world, atleast there's someone to explain all this ambigous medical terms for you''
Mary said softly and made to kiss Richard when K.C stopped them ''Don't do that in my presence'' he warned.

''Yes papa'' Mary replied mockingly.

''That doesn't explain why she would need to go under the knives'' Maryann blurted without looking at anyone but It was so obvious that she was talking to Richard.

''For her to need surgery, that means, it's already severe pre-eclampsia, it's safer to bring the baby out now, severe pre-eclampsia can be terminal or most times the woman keeps going into coma, it's safer this way, bring the baby out and then commence treatment on the mother, especially if she's already experiencing dizziness and blurring of vision'' Richard once again explained, but this time he was looking at Maryann while talking.

K.C's phone beeped and he checked to see who sent him text; another text from Ken asking him to please come over to the hospital.

Standing up and rubbing his jaw ''Guys, I need to leave now, Ken just sent me the fifth text''

''Alright man, Ceasaran section is not as complicated as people are making it sound, your friend's wife will be fine'' Richard said to him as he made to leave.

Opening the door half way, he answered ''Thanks alot'' then turned to Obinna, the quiet young man; as he has already nicknamed him ''Man, It was nice chatting with you'' he said and Obinna smiled at him, before mouthing ''Same here''

He looked at the young man again, just the direct opposite of his sister, his sister, a chatterbox while Obinna, is quiet and talks only when needed and his words showed that he has really high Intelligence quotient and that got him wondering how his sister managed to get him hooked, not that she wasn't intelligent herself, but he had always thought that she would end up with someone as mischievious as her.

''Bye, everyone, I guess we will all see again at the introduction on saturday'' he said while pulling his shoes on.

''Yeah'' they all chorused.

''See you then'' he turned to Maryann ''don't forget to leave my house, the way you saw it when you came in'' he warned and then frowned at the brief roll of her eyes.

''Go already, your friend is waiting'' Mary said to him and he rolled his eyes at her.

He walked back and shook hands with the two men once more before he left for his car.

If only the ground could truly swallow someone, Nate would have done all it will take for the ground to open up and swallow him.

The sparks he saw in Jane's eyes, the grin on Benjamin's face; all this got him really upset.

They way she was giggling, he has never seen her that way, not even when he had tried all his best to put a smile on her face by telling the best Joke he knew to her.

The grin on Benjamin's face did nothing to hide that the two of them were really involved, he was right all along to hate the guy, the way his hands went around Jane's waste protectively made his stomach churn.

''What's wrong with me?'' he asked climbing down from the bed; the bed he had run to immediately he got back home.

''I need to be with Ken now, not here thinking about Jane's personal life, she has a right to date whoever she wants to, why should I then be mad at her?'' he assured himself, while pulling on a shirt.

Still murmuring and giving himself a hundred and one reasons why he shouldn't be concerned about Jane's personal ife, he entered his car and drove off; to the hospital.

K.C arrived the hospital and beside Ken was Vicky's mum, a woman who has a striking resemblance with her daughter.

He quickly greeted her and walked over to Ken.

''How is she?'' he whispered

''I don't even know, I've not seen her, even her mum hasn't, the doctor said something about preparing her for the operation'' Ken replied calmly.

Just then Vicky was wheeled past them to the operating room and her mum gave a shriek, one that startled Ken and K.C and they quickly rushed to her side to hold her.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 4:04am On Jul 18, 2017
ha! kim pls na am begging u.ok i'll reveal the identity of d killer to u, pls dnt do dis to ken, make vicky 4gve him, d poor guy has suffered
Re: Love Hiccups by aluma(m): 4:57am On Jul 18, 2017
More update oh
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2017
They were still speaking soothing words to the crying woman when the doctor walked towards them.

''Mr. Ken, we are ready'' the doctor informed them.

''Alright doctor, please put in your best''

The doctor gave him a tight smile ''Alright, no need to worry, the process is not as complicated as it sounds''

''Thanks doctor'' Ken replied quickly and give his mother in-law a re-assuring smile.

''Hope no allergies?'' The doctor asked, opening the folder in his hand.

''She's allergic to penecillin'' Ken replied.

''I just needed to be sure, see you soon'' the doctor said, and adjusted his white coat before walking away.

The woman started praying loudly, for her daughters safety and K.C almost laughed, but he controlled himself and sat beside the woman.

''Mama, she will be fine, everything the doctor's are doing now, is for her own good'' He said to her while holding her hands gently.

''Thanks my son'' she muttered and then used her other hand to support her Jaw.

''Mama, she will be alright, the doctor gave us his words'' Ken said to her softly.

''Thanks my son, I'm only praying to her creator to keep her alive for me, the doctor can do nothing if he decides to take her life''

''Mama, nothing will happen to her'' Ken assured her again.

Almost immediately Nate walked into the waiting room.

''Good afternoon Ma'' He quickly greeted Vicky's mum before turning to his two friends.

''Do you own a mirror?'' K.C asked with a frown.

''Do you own any book on manners and respect?'' Nate threw back at him.
He's the only one among the three friends, who can stand up to K.C whenever he decides to get on everyone's nerves.

He knew why K.C asked if he owned a mirror, his collar was not properly done and he knew it, he only decided to let it be, he quickly straightened it before facing Ken.

''How is she?''

''I guess she's fine, she's in the O.R now''

''She will be fine man'' He said to Ken, patting him on the shoulder.

''Won't she need anything when she comes out of the operating room?'' K.C asked.

''She will'' Ken answered and stood up ''The nurse already gave me a list of things, let me go and bring them from home''

He said that so Vicky's mum won't suspect that they don't stay together, in reality the 'home' he meant was Queen's house, but his friends who nodded with raised eyebrows understood.

After assuring the woman that they will be back on time, they left the hospital.

They got to Queen's house and met her preparing 'light' food for Vicky and they thanked her for everything she's been doing for her friend.

''Nate, stay with her, when she's done, you carry the baby stuffs and anything carry-able and go to the hospital with her, while I take this man home, to atleast change his clothes and look like an expectant father'' K.C said, grinning mischieviously and Ken scowled at him but everyone were cool with the arrangement.

They all got back to the hospital at the same time, carrying the needed things, but they were informed by Vicky's mum that she was still in the O.R.

Then sat down and waited patiently until after twenty minutes, the doctor came out, looking tired, Ken rushed to him and he smiled, that smile alone made Ken leap inwardly with excitement.

''Congratulations latest father, you're now a proud father of a bouncing baby boy''

Immediately he heard that, he didn't even know when he hugged the sweaty doctor.

His friends and mother In-law came to him and shouts of 'congrats' rented the air.

''Doctor, can we go in now'' Ken asked, full of excitement.

''No, not yet, the nurses are still cleaning the mother and child, although the boy needs to spend some time in the incubator, but I assure you he will be fine, we've got the best facilities in the whole of the federal capital'

''Alright doctor'' Ken answered dejectedly.

''A nurse will inform you when it's time to see her, the anaesthetic needs to wear off first before you see her'' he said to them and bowed slightly to Vicky's mum, before walking away.

They waited for another two hours before a nurse walked up to them and told them that they can go in to see Vicky.

Vicky's mum and Ken went in and met her lying down on the bed, the moment she saw Ken she shouted ''Mum, tell this man to leave here now''

The older woman was stunned and she looked from Ken whose head was bowed to her daughter.

''Mum, tell him to leave now''

''Victoria, shut up, is this the new way of talking to your husband''

''He is no longer my husband, he should leave here now'' she replied weakly, close to tears.

''Ken, come out with me'' The old woman said while walking out.

They got out and she shut the door.

''What happened'' she asked, leaning against the door.

Ken couldn't help but narrate every single thing to her.

''We've all done one or two things we regret, I don't blame you at all, my only advice is for you not to allow something like that to repeat itself again, you hear me?''

''Yes ma''

''Give me five minutes to talk to my daughter''

Tbc.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 7:49am On Jul 18, 2017
yungeez:

Good Idea bae... 1 would b holding d lamp while d oda 1 would b faning me while m driving u 2 places... so who r d girls, grincheesy
I'm still thinking o maybe two of my sisters
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 18, 2017
Kimkardashain:
ha! kim pls na am begging u.ok i'll reveal the identity of d killer to u, pls dnt do dis to ken, make vicky 4gve him, d poor guy has suffered

cheesy cheesy

No way!
This is bribery and corruption.
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 7:54am On Jul 18, 2017
Vicky na, small small o.
Jane, you broke my Nate's heart, is not good o.
Where is Dami ah?
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 8:11am On Jul 18, 2017
queenitee:

I'm still thinking o maybe two of my sisters
Hmmm...dat would b a perfect birthday present, foursome wit u nd ur sister... grin cheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 8:12am On Jul 18, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy cheesy
No way! This is bribery and corruption.
kai this grl na confirm aproko
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 8:39am On Jul 18, 2017
yungeez:

Hmmm...dat would b a perfect birthday present, foursome wit u nd ur sister... grin cheesy
Don't let them know yet
Re: Love Hiccups by Emperor380(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2017
I thought Vicky will pretend when she sees her my.
That woman's heart is really strong and made up. I hope something gud cums out of her mum's talk.
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 9:07am On Jul 18, 2017
Kimberlywest,you're the bomb, I love you sweet, ride on
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2017
About Jane and Benjamin, I don't think they are lovers,I pity Nate but all the same let him suffer, Vicky abeg we are pleading,forgive him but if he tries it again poison him
Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 9:12am On Jul 18, 2017
Thank God Vicky is safe is time for her to return to her husband house.
Re: Love Hiccups by bummybummy(f): 9:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Vicky z so stubborn, for u to come out of operating room dat z enuf reason for u to forgive and take Ken back
Re: Love Hiccups by hormobolanle: 9:50am On Jul 18, 2017
Dancing#how Yoruba women do wen happy

yungeez Happy birthday in arrears Llnp sorry it us coming late.Abi u will join d Amebo ministry? u are highly welcome

I was thinking Vicky will deliver set of twins but she b Oole

Nate should better don't coman kill hinself ontop anada person pikin mata

k.c oh next we will hear now is dami is married I pray he will not run mad

At last Vick mum will make her forgive ken#sign!
he has suffered enuf

pregnant woman #kimberlywest Biko coman update
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:39am On Jul 18, 2017
hormobolanle:

yungeez Happy birthday in arrears Llnp sorry it us coming late.Abi u will join d Amebo ministry? u are highly welcome

he has suffered enuf

When did my Kim get pregnant?
Re: Love Hiccups by yhungbrowhne(m): 10:51am On Jul 18, 2017
Passing by
Re: Love Hiccups by Dessydemmy: 11:13am On Jul 18, 2017
I know what you have been through my dear, pleased help forgive him and Congratulations on the arrival of your bundle of joy. Please don't let anything happen to the baby our daer writer o, they have been through a lot already.
Thanks and God bless , I'm waiting for the update too .
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 11:51am On Jul 18, 2017
Congrats Ken....Vicky e don do abeg.
Re: Love Hiccups by Dextinate(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Kimberlywest I feel you... But abeg pity ken na because of am I come out from ghost reading
Re: Love Hiccups by Nuellaluv(f): 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
yungeez:

No problem dear, jst send me ur house address, i go come deliver d cake personally
You try wella
Re: Love Hiccups by crislyn(f): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Na wa o...this vicky own don too much o.
Re: Love Hiccups by cutediva87(f): 2:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
all of you be shouting Vicky is too stubborn, if the table were to be turned, would you be saying this? pls you should allow her to heal abeg. she will forgive but at her own time. o.p Weldon jare

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
yungeez:

lol... u nor get choice oo, u nor fit make dat sacrifice 4 a brother
I fit make that sacrifice nah... Whats thereundecided
Re: Love Hiccups by wizsolzy(m): 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hadampson:
Yes oh
I no wan go back to that prisoncheesy

If u wan know how that place be, ask ikombe and wizsolzy, them go tell you

Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
queenitee:
Don't let them know yet
No problem... i luv suprises!
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
hormobolanle:

he has suffered enuf

Thanks Dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.