Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,592 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (865020 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by Queensiju: 11:38pm On Jul 15, 2017
Oh no! Please save Vicky's life.
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 1:57am On Jul 16, 2017
Watching

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by marychommy(f): 6:09am On Jul 16, 2017
pls don't let V to die DAT will break Ken to pieces. Doctor R shld stop sending DAT message to K.C as for Nate and Jane pls make dem happen. waiting for d nxt update more ink dear
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 16, 2017
Cont'd

''Vicky, open your eyes'' Queen shouted with tears in her eyes. She shook Vicky vigorously, tapped her cheek but stil there was no response.

''Vicky, don't do this to me, open your eyes'' she shouted, still no response.

She stood up from where she knelt beside Vicky and ran to the taxi driver, who has been honking non-stop.

''Oga, please come and help me, she's not moving'' she cried out, nervously.

''Ok Ma'm'' the taxi driver replied and Queen dashed back into the house.

Kneeling beside Vicky once more, she cradled her head and began shaking her again but the result was the same as the first one; no response.

''What!'' the taxi driver exclaimed the moment he saw Vicky lying on the floor.

''Help me carry her to the car'' Queen pleaded with him.

''Alright, alright'' the taxi driver answered and bent down, he touched Vicky's chest and she was still breathing though slowly.

''Madam, she's breathing''

''Huh!'' Queen quickly wiped her tears with her palm and looked down at Vicky, she felt her pulse and it was there though weakly, In her state of distress she forgot to check.

''Help me carry her to the car''

The taxi driver nodded and carried her effortlessly like she had no weight at all.
''Just help me open the gate'' he said to Queen and she ran out to do as he said.

He got to the car and laid her flat on her back on the back seat of the car and Queen ran to lock the doors and gate before joining them.

''Ken should have been the one to do all this, where is he, for goodness sake'' Queen murmured before entering the car.

She entered and carefully placed Vicky's head on her lap and off they went, to the hospital.

Ken has just come back from another purposeless driving, It's been six days now, since he arrived Enugu state with the intention of seeking help from Vicky's parent, but up till now, he hasn't mustered enough courage to face them.

Every evening, or whenever the burden on his shoulder tries to weigh him down, he would drive around the city and then return back to his hotel room once it's dark.

He went into the bathroom and took a quick shower, his stomach was rumbling but he gave zero-care, his only concern is his marriage.

''I'm beginning to loss the zeal to continue living'' he soliloquized ''Vicky has to forgive me, she has to, I can't continue living without her''

He turned to the bed-side table and he saw his phone; a red light was blinking, indicating that he has a text but he shrugged and covered himself with his blanket.

Who could have sent him a text? Afterall nobody cared about him, everybody were against him, the only text and calls, he's been receiving were from Vicky's lawyer and he was not ready for another text from the emotionless lawyer.

''Nurse, Nurse, please help me'' Queen yelled the moment, the taxi driver entered with Vicky in his arms.
''Calm down'' A Nurse said, patting her shoulder soothingly.

In no time, Vicky was laid on a stretcher and carried away.

''Your friend, will be alright'' A kind nurse assured her before leaving.

It was already dark, she thought of who to call, atleast she would need someone to foot the medical bills, afterall, she was only a school teacher.
She tried to reach Vicky's parent, but the phone was switched off, she tried Vicky's father in-law but the phone was switched off also, it seemed like they all switch off their phone before going to bed.

She was sweating, and also fast running out of options. It was too late to go back home and pick Vicky's ATM card.

She paced about the hospital's waiting room.

''What do I do now, I can't afford to foot the bills, in this big private hospital'' she said looking around the hospital's interior.

Finally, an idea came to her mind and she quickly grabbed it.

''I Just got home and you're already here'' K.C said to Nate who was standing outside the gate beside his car.

''Don't blame me, I missed my brother'' Nate said and closed the gap between them before shaking his hand and giving him a pat on the shoulder.

''Man, I missed you too, come in, the gate man and the rest of the house worker's are still on the long break I gave them'' K.C said pushing open the gate for him and when he got in, he shut the it firmly.

''so, what's been happening?''

''So much man, so much'' Nate answered shaking his head.

''Filter it, give me the good news and keep the bad news to yourself'' K.C answered, smiling.

''I see you've not changed a bit'' Nate replied.
His phone rang and he looked at the screen, when he saw the unknown number he frowned before answering.

''Hello, who is...

''what!'' he screamed and ended the call.

''what happened'' K.C asked.

''Ken's wife, she's at the hospital'' Nate replied already turning to go.

''And where is Ken?''

''Enugu and he's not picking his calls''

''Oh no! I just got back'' K.C murmured ''See why I don't like that word 'marriage', it comes with too many problems''

''Are you coming or not'' Nate yelled at him.

''I am''

Tbc.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Love Hiccups by Curry30: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2017
Oh my sweet Vicky, I'll pray for U.
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 8:29am On Jul 16, 2017
oh lord pls save vicky
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 8:56am On Jul 16, 2017
She will be fine
Re: Love Hiccups by bummybummy(f): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2017
Vicky u shall not die but live
Re: Love Hiccups by Pinkfeet: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2017
lord pls help viccky
Re: Love Hiccups by yhungbrowhne(m): 9:57am On Jul 16, 2017
Kim you bre suppa talented keep it up sis
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 10:56am On Jul 16, 2017
cutediva87:
bros 119 na mortuary number? because na 911 me I know oo. meanwhile Kim Weldon
Forgive me jare, na rush abi na anxiety don't even know....or maybe na 119 ends Ken's number.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2017
Please Vicky you can't die now..and thanks for forgiving him, he needs it.
Well done Kim thumbs up
Re: Love Hiccups by themonk(m): 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2017
shurley22:
dearest kimberlywest,
This piece is enthralling I must say, from page 1 to this current page.
Please make Ken's suffering stop, he made a mistake, yes a really big one but Vicky is also suffering too. Please bring them back together or give them peace apart from each other.
Hello dear, how are you?
Re: Love Hiccups by shurley22(f): 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks sis.

I will try to bring them back together, as soon as I can. cheesy cheesy

Thank you grin
Re: Love Hiccups by shurley22(f): 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2017
themonk:

Hello dear, how are you?

Fine thanks
Re: Love Hiccups by themonk(m): 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
shurley22:

Fine thanks
Good. You look great, how has today been?
Re: Love Hiccups by nabla(f): 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
ken u better read ur msg naw o

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Emperor380(m): 2:50pm On Jul 16, 2017
Getting sweeter oo.....mum horlandia for you...

really good job..
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 5:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
The comment on this update, I love their friendship.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
I just realized I have so many prayer warriors on this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy see the way they're all praying for Vicky.

Update will drop soon. Thanks for all the comments,

2 Likes

Re: Love Hiccups by seg005: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2017
KimberlyWest:
I just realized I have so many prayer warriors on this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy see the way they're all praying for Vicky.

Update will drop soon. Thanks for all the comments,
Good just Kim...please mention me when update drop please
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2017
Cont'd

Ken woke and his hand went to his phone by his bedside.

He checked his messages, and when he saw the text from the lawyer which he knew would be there, he almost dropped the phone, but a text caught his attention; the text message from Queen.

''What the hell is this?'' he shouted the moment he read the first line of the text and in one swift move he got up from his bed.

''Please, God, keep her alive for me'' he prayed, while putting on his clothes and making a call to the airline he usually patronized.

In no time he was ready and well prepared for his journey back to Abuja, he didn't bother to take a shower, taking a shower to him was like an unnecessary delay.

He got to the hotel reception and paid all his bills; for the hotel room, the rented car and also for the hotel's taxi service, which he was about to use shortly.

''Thanks for your patronage sir'' the cashier said while handing his ATM card back to him.

He nodded, collected it and left for the taxi, which he knew would be waiting for him outside the hotel.

As expected the taxi was already waiting for him, with the driver by the side opening the door widely for him, he muttered ''Thanks' and entered while the driver carried his small luggage to the car boot.

''Sir, where are we heading to'' the driver asked as soon as he got back in.

''You were not informed'' he asked the driver and then impatiently added ''Just take me to the airport''

''Ok sir''

K.C woke up and yawned loudly, all his body ached, with sleepy eyes he looked around the unfamiliar environment and his eyes widened when he realized he slept in the car.

The previous night, when they got to the hospital and met Vicky's friend crying, they both went to the doctor after depositing a large sum of money and the doctor informed them that they were running tests on Vicky to know her exact problem, but they've given her some pain killers and also sedated her.

Immediately they left the doctor's office, he had suggested to Nate, that they book three rooms at the nearest hotel but Nate insisted that they spend the night in the hospital, of course, that had made him angry at first but in no time he sobered and assisted Nate in calming Vicky's friend who was sobbing.

He sighed poignantly, when he remembered their last conversation before he stormed out and made for the car so he could rest his tired head.

''We should let the lady sleep and stay by Vicky's side'' Nate had said to him.

He gave a little whimp and shook his head mockingly ''I can't cheat nature, I need to sleep'' he replied, not that he was happy with Vicky's condition but hospital environment, has never been his thing, infact he loathes it.

''Ain't you being slightly unreasonable, it's just one night, let's allow the lady to have her beauty sleep, while we watch over Vicky'' Nate said and the words ''slightly unreasonable'' irritated him to the bones.

Grabbing Nate car key's by the bedside, he made for the door while Nate gave him a questioning look, when he reached the door, he turned back and smiled at the Nate before muttering ''Unlike you, I don't have DIDS''

Nate glanced at him, covering his eyes with his long lashes '' What's DIDS''

''I'm heading to the car to have a peaceful night rest'' he answered opening the door and Nate scowled at him, luckily Queen was at the restroom, so she wasn't around to watch their childish-arguments.

He got out and left the door slightly open ''DIDS means Damsel In Distress Syndrome, goodnight man'' he had answered before shutting the door.

He yawned and turned on his phone and screamed ''9 AM? How long have i slept in the cramped car?''

Fortunately, Nate's car is tinted, atleast passer-by's didn't get a glimpse of his sleepy figure,

A tap on the car door, jolted him but he quickly recovered, knowing fully who tapped.

He unlocked the car and pushed it open, intentionally hitting Nate with it.

''Why didn't you wake me earlier?''

''I guess my Dude in Distress syndrome didn't let me'' Nate answered mockily and K.C rolled his eyes at him.

''What about Vicky?''

''Oh, she's awake now, the pain has subsided due to the pain killers that was administered to her but we're still waiting for the doctor to tell us exactly what's wrong with her'' Nate carefullly explained.

''And where the hell is the chewing stick of a friend that she calls husband'' K.C asked angrily and Nate started to laugh uncontrollably.

Just then a taxi stopped beside them and Ken came out looking like unwashed laundries; rumpled shirt, stubble and red eyes''

''Where's she?

Nate and K.C gave him a bemused expression.

''Man, who is your slave? Where did you leave your wife to? Look how untidy I look?'' K.C asked, just to get Ken angry but unfortunately Ken understood and ignored him.

''Nate where is my wife''

''Inside'' Nate answered and Ken ran in immediately

He ran without looking and he bumped into the doctor.

''Mr Ken you're here, thank God, your wife needs an emergency ceasaran''

Tbc.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2017
seg005:
Good just Kim...please mention me when update drop please
Bro, I have updated.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by babysomeone(f): 8:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
Kimberly u gona kill somebody with dis suspense.....nice work
Re: Love Hiccups by bummybummy(f): 8:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
Ha! God! wat z going on with Vicky now? plz save her and her baby oo
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
Interesting
Re: Love Hiccups by Silensa(m): 9:11pm On Jul 16, 2017
Pewwww I beat usain bolt in this. Stated from the bottom, now i am here. E no easy.

Kimberly all i can say is .......... (have forgotten)

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 9:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
I prayed for Vicky in church today Kim nothing much happen to her ooooo
Re: Love Hiccups by Toyin223(f): 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2017
KIMBERLYWEST Pls Answer My Prayer Notin Should Happen To VICKY
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 12:02am On Jul 17, 2017
Jesus... Ceaserian?
Re: Love Hiccups by Emperor380(m): 1:43am On Jul 17, 2017
safe delivery Vicky
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 2:27am On Jul 17, 2017
Nickibeauty:
I prayed for Vicky in church today Kim nothing much happen to her ooooo
Toyin223:
KIMBERLYWEST Pls Answer My Prayer Notin Should Happen To VICKY
I can't laugh ooo...even Ken didn't go to church.

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.