Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Dichotomy Of Views On NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Dichotomy Of Views On NYSC (433 Views)

PCMs Batch B 2018. Latest Updates On Nysc Senate List/ Registration / 5 Reasons Why Your Name May Not Be On NYSC Mobilisation List / Can't Find Your Name On Senate Approved List On NYSC Portal Anymore? Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dichotomy Of Views On NYSC by Nobody: 9:49am On May 31, 2017
As an undergraduate, I just can't help brooding over some people's reactions towards the existence and sustainability of the organization, The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). While some pray for its continuity, some are strongly opposing this. Then I wonder, which set of people support or go against it?
Having mixed and had much conversations with my fellow undergraduates over this, it's vividly confirmed that almost 70% of them want to experience being Corps Members even though their eagerness might not really take a liking to Serving Their Fatherland Truthfully. Some don't mind taking selfies with NYSC wears a day and sleep forever the following day. May this wish not granted, Amen.

-Perhaps you were once a Corps member and you still think NYSC should be scrapped, please quote and share your reasons with multitude here.

-If you are an undergraduate who does not wish to experience NYSC, please share your reasons too.

-If you are an undergraduate who hopes and prays he/she becomes a Corps Member someday, you may just keep your amusing reasons and like this post. Since I never held unto a genuine reason, I still belong here,,,smile

If you were deprived due to reasons best known to you and thereby rose against its existence, check yourself well and work towards ensuring your children do not suffer the same...Just an advice.

-And those employers who request for NYSC certificates as if na their course forms, I neither hate nor like you, give reasons too, this kid is all ears. Most undergraduates are still wet behind the ears.

Thanks
Re: Dichotomy Of Views On NYSC by Nobody: 10:20am On May 31, 2017
I think the NYSC should be a voluntary scheme. It shouldn't be mandatory to spend a whole year in some remote village. In my own opinion it needs a thorough review and making it a mandatory scheme is a gross waste of national resources.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Batch A Stream II (lagos - Kwara Camp Direct) / Help!!! / Nysc Registration In Ibadan (no Biometric Problem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.