Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG (22798 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lady Celebrates As She Rents A House For The 1st Time After 8yrs of Squating(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by ipobarecriminals: 10:26am On May 31, 2017
undecided reduce ur petrol, kerosene,cement etc and see if landlords nor go reduce
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by emvuatt: 10:26am On May 31, 2017
Hello everyone I have agreed to reduce my tenant rent from 2.5m to 1.5m for a 3bedroom apartment in gwarimpa Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Nigeriadondie: 10:26am On May 31, 2017
Na u give them money to take build their house?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by DJInfluence: 10:27am On May 31, 2017
Because the prices of Cement and other building materials is coming down abi? Nonsense Govt. Make building materials affordable so that the average citizen can build their own house. That will then increase the number of available houses for rent and drive down the rent price.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Nigeriadondie: 10:27am On May 31, 2017
Na u give them money to take build their house? Where are d mortgage banks to help with loans to build houses? They are all dead
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Captain6(m): 10:27am On May 31, 2017
They should reduce house rents while the economy is very poor. So silly
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by gost: 10:27am On May 31, 2017
According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Dera Fashiola,
Due to GLOBAL ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN being experienced, poitical office holders like you across the world have cut down their jumbo salaries and allowances, but in Nigeria you and your currupt ellite friends have all trippled yours and you have the guts to vomit rubbish about land lords in a supossed free economy?
Dear Fasiola, please buy sense.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by omoiyalayi(m): 10:28am On May 31, 2017
Uncle Fashola do something about this our epileptic power supply first

Sleeping in darkness and paying for the light that we did not use is not fair

After that we can come back to the landlords

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by famzynet: 10:28am On May 31, 2017
Which type wahala country be this self? I dey vex . Can't this government say any reasonable thing? This is the worst government so far. Instead of working on themselves they are telling landlords what to do. Did they not just tell us yesterday that house is 30k . Na we carry this problem give ourselves. Criminals answering our leaders.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by sexyglow(f): 10:28am On May 31, 2017
Dannyset:
Funny FG
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Oyindidi(f): 10:28am On May 31, 2017
Celcius:
Hmmmm...
But they still pay millions to whoever is the landlord of Aso Rock. Go agitate for reduction there first. Corrupt bastards.
N74 million paid as rent for Aso Rock in 2016.
I weak.
shocked
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by kciefe(m): 10:29am On May 31, 2017
Oga make una first reduce recession or better still make una make our economy the way una see am.....Which landlord wan reduce his house rent wen he done buy expensive materials build he house now u dey tell am make he reduce he rent...Oga u nor try...And make I let you know nor be everybody steal govt money buy or build house.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Zane2point4(m): 10:30am On May 31, 2017
But na true o, 2 bedroom flats 500k, 3 bedroom flat 800k
The bad side be say dey flats go still dey empty throughtout a year sef.

I hate agents, they share half the blame sef, dem go add 100k agent fee for your head o, very insensitive individuals.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by ebby9z(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2017
I was still discussing the issue of housing with someone recently. It is so unfortunate that as a graduate about to start to your life, it is so difficult to find a decent accommodation with 150k in cities like Lagos, PH, Abj. Funny thing is, many houses are empty and rotting away due to their high prices which average Nigerians cant afford

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Sunnymatey(m): 10:33am On May 31, 2017
confused FG.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by samtee37(m): 10:33am On May 31, 2017
emmasege:
When will this FG ever make sense? Seems Buhari has infected them all with senility, from Osinbajo to Fashola etc.

When they finally flush the rogues and canals out
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by bigsmoke2(m): 10:33am On May 31, 2017
Fg head no correct they should also reduced land use charge angry
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Tapout(m): 10:34am On May 31, 2017
angry angry angry thunder fire whoever made that statement.... are landlords responsible for the economic situation of the country?? undecided someone will finish suffering to build a house with his hard earned money and sweat, and you wake up one morning to tel him how much he should collect as rent. Let them go and find out how much building materials cost.....absolute rubbish!!! angry angry
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by willibounce1(m): 10:39am On May 31, 2017
Stupid FG. Why not reduce the money you people steal and your huge salaries.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by okeyfermod(m): 10:40am On May 31, 2017
Funny statement there by Minister fashola,
Nigeria runs a free market system, meaning govt does not fix prices, its dictated by demand and supply forces.
There is absolutely no way a landlord can be compelled to reduce his rent , seems the minister does not know that cost of living has doubles in the last 24 months or thereabout. the only way to bring rent prices down is to bring inflation down.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 10:44am On May 31, 2017
Thesame fashola said that Power is not rocket science yet he is doing abracadabra with rent, value etc in housing sector. My question is what has this government done to reduce the value of land or cost of building? Instead forex took astronomical rise, affecting the cost of building materials production etc, delusional government

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Kenchukky(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2017
Dangote is busy selling cement for #2,700 a bag and this mumu is here talking rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by iykem02(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2017
God help this country, who are the landlords, and who are those controlling the economy of this country. Bagggggeiiii
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by omogidi234(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2017
Celcius:
Hmmmm...
But they still pay millions to whoever is the landlord of Aso Rock. Go agitate for reduction there first. Corrupt bastards.
N74 million paid as rent for Aso Rock in 2016.
I weak.

That part of N74m rent in Aso Rock got me rolling on the floor.

But the truth is, building a house in Nigeria takes grace.

Lagos as a case study, you know how many agencies will need to approve one thing or the other before you can conclude construction!

The most annoying part is that they don't check for the things that can make for a durable building.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Ikem11(m): 10:56am On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday charged property developers to reduce their rents and the value of properties in consideration of the economic hardship across the country.

According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Speaking at the inauguration of board members of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria in Abuja, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said many houses in Nigeria were empty while a lot of people lacked accommodation.

He said, “For me, I think the most important message I’ll like to share at this inauguration is to pose the question on whether the current land valuation system and values are consistent with the reality of our economy. You as experts must answer that question because we have a very challenging economy.

http://punchng.com/reduce-your-rents-fg-tells-landlords/

FG reduce prices of things in market including fuel to 50naira. Make constant electricity and good roads and you don't need to urge landlords to reduce rent price.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by no1madman(m): 11:11am On May 31, 2017
Foolish govt. . . . . .
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2017
Ikem11:

FG reduce prices of things in market including fuel to 50naira. Make constant electricity and good roads and you don't need to urge landlords to reduce rent price.
I agree with you

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by woleabayo(f): 11:15am On May 31, 2017
fashola house how much is the rent so i can pack in .................can the poor afford to rent a room apartment in their own house talk of flat and see him open his mouth to the estate agents and developers if i here see hin head i dey my house come beat me grin shocked cool tongue grin[i][/i][/i][i]

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by oluwaemmanuel: 11:20am On May 31, 2017
they should reduce their own salaries and allowances.. stupid government

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rough Estimate To Start And Complete A One Bedroom Flat / Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. / Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.