Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,760 members, 7,840,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG (22811 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lady Celebrates As She Rents A House For The 1st Time After 8yrs of Squating(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Kingspin(m): 8:22pm On May 31, 2017
The govt telling landlords to reduce rent have the same government help reduce cost of materials and lands? Useless leaders.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Kingspin(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2017
The govt telling landlords to reduce rent have the same government help reduce cost of materials, lands and taxes? Useless and empty leaders.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by iaatmguy(m): 8:29pm On May 31, 2017
Handsomecole:
Make I go show my landlord this page sharp! sharp!!
Na quit notice you dey take play grin grin grin
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by alanka(f): 11:12pm On May 31, 2017
idrisolaide:
And what impact do they partake to help the house owners?

Mortgage na zero, only assign to to the selected few.

Also, Govt go build house all in the name of the mass and if will end up in the hands of the Consultant just to make sure it doesn't get to appropriate people who are desperately in need of it.

Now i am reading on funny news about reducing the House Rent.. Though Landlord and Landlady Property Managers no dey help at all, Dem Fit Screw You of all your money all in the name of Rent and all sort of funny charges.

May GOD Help Us.

Ramadan Khareem To You All Muslim and Muslimat In The House.

what about Estate agent: Mini flat 300k agency fee 150k agreement 50k.

In business practice, agent get 10% commission or up to 15% in special cases.

What makes estate agents charge as much as 50% and above yet they collect agreement fee?

Also why is it that the tenants are the ones paying agency fee? Landlord that employs agent should pay his commission.

Why must tenants pay agreement fee, what is it for? And if they must pay why not 500 naira to 1000k but 50000k, for mini flat and above for bigger flats.

Agents are even richer than some landlords. Landlords thieves, agent thieves. Some agent will still collect your money they when they don't have to let...fraud
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 11:27pm On May 31, 2017
alanka:
what about Estate agent: Mini flat 300k agency fee 150k agreement 50k.

In business practice, agent get 10% commission or up to 15% in special cases.

What makes estate agents charge as much as 50% and above yet they collect agreement fee?

Also why is it that the tenants are the ones paying agency fee? Landlord that employs agent should pay his commission.

Why must tenants pay agreement fee, what is it for? And if they must pay why not 500 naira to 1000k but 50000k, for mini flat and above for bigger flats.

Agents are even richer than some landlords. Landlords thieves, agent thieves. Some agent will still collect your money they when they don't have to let...fraud
Agency fee 50% where?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by alanka(f): 11:54pm On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Agency fee 50% where?
ha ha ha in Nigeria here. Ha ha ha. I called one agent last week he said total package 400k I asked how much annum he said 250...1 asked the remaining 150k is for what he agency fee and agreement.

OK. No be say akuku get money...I just want to know how everything goes.

Week before that, I saw an agent sitting in his job with to let waiting the consumers outside:

Mini flat 300k

A room self contain 200k

Two bedroom 650k

3 bedroom 850k all per year

I made enquiry for the first one he said total parkage is 500k a year why he said agency fee and agreement 150...name so I quickly cross to the other side dey run dey go.

Lagos...and exploitation be like identical twins

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by doingood: 7:13am On Jun 01, 2017
Who govt help in land and housing matter
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by lsoul: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Armstrong34:
Roof wey dey leak.... our landlord from ogbomosho never do am...na to reduce rent him go cum do

na only owoda the idiot sabi talkcheesy

if u r living in an idiots huz n u r paying him rent, den u r a foool

go build urs
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Aadeyinka(m): 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday charged property developers to reduce their rents and the value of properties in consideration of the economic hardship across the country.

According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Speaking at the inauguration of board members of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria in Abuja, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said many houses in Nigeria were empty while a lot of people lacked accommodation.

He said, “For me, I think the most important message I’ll like to share at this inauguration is to pose the question on whether the current land valuation system and values are consistent with the reality of our economy. You as experts must answer that question because we have a very challenging economy.

http://punchng.com/reduce-your-rents-fg-tells-landlords/
FG not serious ,why can't they reduced price of building materials?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by true2home(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
I can answer the question Fashola is seeking, capital no. Minimum salary is 18K and homes are over 10M dor a common bungalow.

Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday charged property developers to reduce their rents and the value of properties in consideration of the economic hardship across the country.

According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Speaking at the inauguration of board members of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria in Abuja, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said many houses in Nigeria were empty while a lot of people lacked accommodation.

He said, “For me, I think the most important message I’ll like to share at this inauguration is to pose the question on whether the current land valuation system and values are consistent with the reality of our economy. You as experts must answer that question because we have a very challenging economy.

http://punchng.com/reduce-your-rents-fg-tells-landlords/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fight With My Landlord / Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land / Gas Explosion Rocks Badagry, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.