Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG (22797 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Lady Celebrates As She Rents A House For The 1st Time After 8yrs of Squating(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by dacovajnr: 11:21am On May 31, 2017
Reduce Your Allowances!!!!Awon Eleribu Somebody! angry
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by qleap2all(m): 11:22am On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday charged property developers to reduce their rents and the value of properties in consideration of the economic hardship across the country.

According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Speaking at the inauguration of board members of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria in Abuja, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said many houses in Nigeria were empty while a lot of people lacked accommodation.

He said, “For me, I think the most important message I’ll like to share at this inauguration is to pose the question on whether the current land valuation system and values are consistent with the reality of our economy. You as experts must answer that question because we have a very challenging economy.

http://punchng.com/reduce-your-rents-fg-tells-landlords/
Nigerians are one kind of people, since dollar falling, i can see kero nd diesel, gas coming down but rents nd food going up.
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by PStacks(m): 11:26am On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government on Tuesday charged property developers to reduce their rents and the value of properties in consideration of the economic hardship across the country.

According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Speaking at the inauguration of board members of the Estate Surveyors and Valuers Registration Board of Nigeria in Abuja, the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, said many houses in Nigeria were empty while a lot of people lacked accommodation.

He said, “For me, I think the most important message I’ll like to share at this inauguration is to pose the question on whether the current land valuation system and values are consistent with the reality of our economy. You as experts must answer that question because we have a very challenging economy.

very true ooo..
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Bakerdav: 11:28am On May 31, 2017
Madness na FG dey help landlord build house
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by goodnews777: 11:31am On May 31, 2017
You cannot control what is not yours. They spend millions to build with expensive materials . Some imported whilst you are there telling them shit. All your promises to the people which one have you fulfilled ? Now you think people will build for you to control. Idiots.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by inkzpatty(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2017
fg don try o,no b small.i start frm fuel instnd reduce n opposit carry enta foodstuff at 1 neva come,dollar nko,abi na building mat. ,abi wich one again .dey dey dir.na house wey u no build u b landlord.fg i hail

2 Likes

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Nobody: 11:41am On May 31, 2017
Have you reduced the cost of PMS that affects the price of so many commodities? If I don't reduce rent, come and beat me. angry

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by nkemjacob2(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2017
gost:

Dera Fashiola,
Due to GLOBAL ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN being experienced, poitical office holders like you across the world have cut down their jumbo salaries and allowances , but in Nigeria you and your corrupt ellite friends have all trippled yours and you have the guts to vomit rubbish about land lords in a supossed free economy?

please walk into the nearby building material shop and inquire the price of building materials in 2014 as opposed to 2017.
Dear Fasiola, please buy sense.
lol. Am sure the sense is expensive to get. We re in recession do u Remember
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by olas24u(f): 11:51am On May 31, 2017
[quote author=gost post=57049007]According to the government, the values of properties and rents in other nations of the world are falling as a result of the global economic slowdown being experienced.

Dera Fashiola,
Due to GLOBAL ECONOMIC SLOWDOWN being experienced, poitical office holders like you across the world have cut down their jumbo salaries and allowances , but in Nigeria you and your corrupt ellite friends have all trippled yours and you have the guts to vomit rubbish about land lords in a supossed free economy?

please walk into the nearby building material shop and inquire the price of building materials in 2014 as opposed to 2017.

Dear Fasiola, please buy sense.[/quote
Land is a critical factor
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by nkemjacob2(m): 11:54am On May 31, 2017
We re still waiting for APc housing plan dey promised Nigeria. "3000 houses to be built yearly" y is fashola disturbing this landlord na him build house for dem...... Any gvt dat can't not fix housing problem within 6 mnths has no bizness been in power.

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Mcreloaded(m): 11:59am On May 31, 2017
Federal.government should beg them to reduce bases on the recession in the country and the fact that the federal government is confused to help Nigerians.
So please landlords help this rudderless government.
Tomorrow it will be one of the achievements of this government that they reduced rents
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 31, 2017
Handsomecole:
Make I go show my landlord this page sharp! sharp!!
no allow ur landlord provoke increase ur rent o. na Government build am for am?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by reiddecuti: 12:06pm On May 31, 2017
OK.

If Landlords out of their humanity reduces house rent, they'll count it as one laudable achievement of their government.

CONFUSION displaying in 3D.

I rest my case till...
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by davou4eva(m): 12:33pm On May 31, 2017
Even the 2.5% been deducted from my salary every Month by NHF (National Housing Fund) cannot be accountable for and you want landlords to reduce rent when FG has not done the needful. Awon oloriburuku gbogbo
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 31, 2017
nsesam:
Rubbish, abi the gave me Free material I used in building my house or the asked building material Sellers to reduce their price. Useless government

who even dey listen to them, infact next year i go push my bro to increase all the house & shop rents. since naira don become useless sef

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Aadeyinka(m): 12:42pm On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

just kidding, how the magic, when cost of building materials keep increasing daily
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by adatemi: 1:05pm On May 31, 2017
You asking landlords to reduce rents but land survey was increased by 300% by Lagos state government. A tenant cannot be ejected even with 6 months notice but the Lagos state govt. just ejected a pastor that had problem with Ambode's wife within 24 hrs notices despite that he has children.

4 Likes

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by pokipoki: 1:09pm On May 31, 2017
Yeah. Only applicable to houses built on or before year 2000.
Other than that, the federal government can go to hell!!! What kind of incentives have they given developers or landlords. I wonder why the government is saying this when individuals build soak-aways, drill boreholes and wells and contribute money to grade roads. Not to even mention the bribe they have to give NEPA to connect houses with meters and they expect people to reduce rents. Sick people with bad leadership skills!!!!

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by baby124: 1:16pm On May 31, 2017
This FG mumu o. They should first tell Dangote to reduce the price of cement. Na dem but cement for landlords?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Handsomecole(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2017
Ehen! Na true talk ooo! undecided
Olochedavido:

no allow ur landlord provoke increase ur rent o. na Government build am for am?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by techjuu(m): 1:59pm On May 31, 2017
What impact of government can we mention on the price of building materials which will make landlords to reduce their rents?

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 2:00pm On May 31, 2017
emvuatt:
Hello everyone I have agreed to reduce my tenant rent from 2.5m to 1.5m for a 3bedroom apartment in gwarimpa Abuja.
pictures please?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
I agree
Oga wetin u dey agree on? Magical words or Action?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by vislabraye(m): 2:50pm On May 31, 2017
Stinson007:
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

Mumu government. What are they doing to alleviate accommodation problem ? How many houses have the government built ? Rather, they've sold all their properties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Frederick2017: 2:51pm On May 31, 2017
No be una (govt) cause am. Reduce everything in Nigeria then rent will also reduce. Be like sey una no know how much person go spend take build ordinary room and parlour self contain now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by SycophanticGoat: 2:52pm On May 31, 2017
jmoore:
Federal Government should reduce taxes, and subsidize cement so that it should be sold at 500 Naira a bag. undecided

Are you minding them? In ordinary Satellite Town, Lagos, the Land Use Charge collected from residents here is almost the price of an apartment. So how is a landlord/landlady supposed to make profit after all the spending?
Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by nextstep(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2017
Landlords to FG: reduce your tax, omonile fees, CofO, Land Use, LGA development fees, price of cement. Give us public sewers and water, so we don't have to spend money on tanks, stands, boreholes, pumps, soakaway, dustbin pit. Give us security so we can save costs on buglary, high walls and heavy gates. Give us light so we don't have to spend extra money on generator and fuel. Give us good access roads with proper drainage. Give us low interest mortgages. And please, give us a currency that doesn't lose half its value every year.

Even common water to mix cement, I have to buy tankers. Mtcheeew. angry

1 Like

Re: Reduce Your Rents, Landlords -FG by Stinson007(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2017
nextstep:
Landlords to FG: reduce your tax, omonile fees, CofO, Land Use, LGA development fees, price of cement. Give us public sewers and water, so we don't have to spend money on tanks, stands, boreholes, pumps, soakaway, dustbin pit. Give us security so we can save costs on buglary, high walls and heavy gates. Give us light so we don't have to spend extra money on generator and fuel. Give us good access roads with proper drainage. Give us low interest mortgages. And please, give us a currency that doesn't lose half its value every year.

Even common water to mix cement, I have to buy tankers. Mtcheeew. angry

You mean you literally do all the infrastructure, then what does government do? Is it in Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rough Estimate To Start And Complete A One Bedroom Flat / Buy Lands At "Royal Palms Estates", Okuku, Owerri. / Questions To Ask Before Buying A Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.