Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Do Women Change After Marriage? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Change After Marriage? (9224 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by koolchicco: 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2010
@Topic

They do, of course on per sec billing!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by felifeli: 4:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
@poster
Just for records, how about you ; will you change after marriage ?
Will you be going to see your girlfriend (now wife unfortunately) at her parent's house ?
Will you still be holding hands when you stroll on the beach with the baby screaming like mad ?
Will you stop going to market and cooking your own food now that your wife (or housemaid) now does it ?
Will your lovemaking still be inventive or will you now be doing slam dunks ?
Will you ,
Will you stop being an ass and only ask sensible questions !! grin
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by PurestBoy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
They change every second
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by untainted: 4:26pm On Jan 18, 2010
Yes, one actually phoned me to tell me she regrets being a virgin till marriage.
We were together at the university.
She said she wants to "test other men" before she starts making babies.
They got married last year.

But I must add that this singular act doesn't mean all women change for the worse
or that men don't change for the worse.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by deluxecad(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
@POST: Yes, women change, they then show their true color.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ topic, well U NEVER JAM!!!

na so we dey see am o! hmmn, u know the 'things' suddenly belive that they have finally 'arrived'!!!
pronto e don develop big belle, oversized arms, thunder thighs e.t.c and u know wat, is very eager to remind you that you have now been 'enslaved thus nuffin u can do and nuffin do you sef!!!

yes, the 'babe' suddenly becomes MADAM!! woe betide all servants, lower co-workers and husband friends!!!

then she routinely forgets the supporting bridge for the twin towers, or even dressing at all around the home afterall she is either pregnant or nursing and a wrapper doers nicely in those hard times (now u see the behind the scenes footage),
doesnt bother painting the masqurade anymore unless she is going to a function (who cares look guy ur hooked already),
now remembers ur siblings are a pain in the neck amongst other things

etc, etc. so pls evaluate what your getting before the marriage, cos u WILL GET APPROX 40% OF that after marriage, everything inclusive.

woe betide you if you are of the dont see or touch category. U DEFINITELY WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND SHORTCHANGED!! grin grin grin grin

but who cares, shebi na luv? ehn, dey luv dey go naw!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by na2day(m): 4:57pm On Jan 18, 2010
grin grin grin Olisa07  grin grin grin
your post is truer than u think!
grin grin grin Hazardous materia? grin grin grin
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by daberechim: 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
My brother,

You keep on managing women. expect the unexpected from them because that is their nature. if she attracted you with her looks or performance, after 2,3 years of marraige you dont see some of those things again. it may be as a result of stress or other factors which are unexplainable except by them.
br
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Katsumoto: 5:39pm On Jan 18, 2010
Women go into marriage expecting a man to change but he doesn't
and men go into marriage expecting a woman not to change but she does.

Na there wahala dey start.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 6:11pm On Jan 18, 2010
felifeli:

@poster
Just for records, how about you ; will you change after marriage ?
Will you be going to see your girlfriend (now wife unfortunately) at her parent's house ?
Will you still be holding hands when you stroll on the beach with the baby screaming like mad ?
Will you stop going to market and cooking your own food now that your wife (or housemaid) now does it ?
Will your intimacy still be inventive or will you now be doing slam dunks ?
Will you ,
Will you stop being an backside and only ask sensible questions !! grin

Will you please take your meds,take a nap and come back when you are back to normalcy?
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Women go into marriage expecting a man to change but he doesn't
and men go into marriage expecting a woman not to change but she does.

Na there wahala dey start.

I'm aware of the above saying.What i'm scared of is me thinking i have married a "good girl" and she turns into Margaret Thatcher overnite.I've also heard so many tales of married men being denied love making for one flimsy reason or the other e.g it's either because they are pregnant or they just gave birth or they are completely tired or they simply don't see the need anymore since they already have a child or children and the only reason they show interest in love making is when they want another baby.If that's true, then that's a really sick situation.I need all the pre-marital advice i can get.

Thanks all.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by la1(m): 6:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
The only sure thing in life is "change" its as inevitable as birth and death.

she will change. relative to you, its a two way street.

my advise is that you work in anticipation of that change, its nobody's fault,it just one of the natural pre-established laws that governs the universe and everything therein
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by chika98: 6:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
harakiri:

I'm aware of the above saying.What i'm scared of is me thinking i have married a "good girl" and she turns into Margaret Thatcher overnite.I've also heard so many tales of married men being denied love making for one flimsy reason or the other e.g it's either because they are pregnant or they just gave birth or they are completely tired or they simply don't see the need anymore since they already have a child or children and the only reason they show interest in love making is when they want another baby.If that's true, then that's a really sick situation.I need all the pre-marital advice i can get.

Thanks all.

So basically you are more worried about her not having sex with you after marriage than other important life issues? SMH
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Katsumoto: 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
chika98:

So basically you are more worried about her not having sex with you after marriage than other important life issues? SMH

But sex is a deal breaker whether you are going to accept it or not. Assuming a good and faithful man is denied sex by his wife for 1 month. In a rare moment of weakness, he sleeps with a colleague at work who gets pregnant. Will the wife not be affected?
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by chika98: 7:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

But sex is a deal breaker whether you are going to accept it or not. Assuming a good and faithful man is denied sex by his wife for 1 month. In a rare moment of weakness, he sleeps with a colleague at work who gets pregnant. Will the wife not be affected?

Did you read what he said. "flimsy" excuses like "being pregnant" or "tired" or "just giving birth"
Tell me what woman in her right mind would want to have sex like it is out of fashion after just having a child? Are you men really that senseless?
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Katsumoto: 7:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
chika98:

Did you read what he said. "flimsy" excuses like "being pregnant" or "tired" or "just giving birth"
Tell me what woman in her right mind would want to have intimacy like it is out of fashion after just having a child? Are you men really that senseless?

Did you read the text in bold below? Selective reasoning i call that. No sensible man will be unreasonable if his wife is physically incapable of having sex. Men resent silly reasons such as the text in bold or women using sex as a bargaining tool. God programmed man to like sex; it is a fact.

harakiri:

I'm aware of the above saying.What i'm scared of is me thinking i have married a "good girl" and she turns into Margaret Thatcher overnite.I've also heard so many tales of married men being denied love making for one flimsy reason or the other e.g it's either because they are pregnant or they just gave birth or they are completely tired or [b]they simply don't see the need anymore since they already have a child or children and the only reason they show interest in love making is when they want another baby.[/b]If that's true, then that's a really sick situation.I need all the pre-marital advice i can get.

Thanks all.

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by cantell(m): 7:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
@poster,
oh they change a lot!
My classmate who cared so much about how she looked, got married and
i sometimes wonder if she's really the young woman i knew very well.
She has grown so fat to the point of blowing up.
Each time i see her, i feel for her husband.
Its like sharing ur bed with a mountain.
Her manners has changed too.
She snaps at everyone in sight and gets angry for no reason.
She changed completely and it was bad.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Not just women, men too. People change behaviours all the time cos their minds accept new information regularly. it has nothing to do with whether one is married or not.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by bobokelly(m): 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
well some of them pretend to be nice , but after wedding you will see them with their bad characters undecided
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by oge4real(f): 8:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Change is the only constant thing in life. So brace yourself for the worst case scenario and pray.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by ssumpta(f): 8:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
why are the boys here moaning?
Its not an easy job being a mother. Children need lots of attention and care. So maybe that's why.
But for me, i will try not to neglect him too much.
As 4 those who become irritable and all dat, there's more to it.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by mamagee3(f): 8:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
Most of them change because they weren't
showing their true colours during courtship
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Decryptor(m): 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
olisa07:

Never changes, harch they becomes !

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Decryptor(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
@olisa07is ur mathematics correct o!!!

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by felifeli: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
I will tell you a secret which you must not tell anybody else including anyone reading this dumb post :

THE ULTIMATE AMBITION OF EVERY WOMAN IS TO BECOME A WIDOW.
IF YOU DON'T GO SOON ENOUGH  SOME WILL  GRUDGINGLY SETTLE FOR A DIVORCE INSTEAD

Nevertheless BE A MAN and get on with it.
Ekan ni omokunrin nku
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by koolchicco: 10:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^ shocked shocked cheesy

Not funny tho shocked shocked
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by mamagee3(f): 10:14pm On Jan 18, 2010
felifeli:

I will tell you a secret which you must not tell anybody else including anyone reading this dumb post :

IF YOU DON'T GO SOON ENOUGH SOME WILL GRUDGINGLY SETTLE FOR A DIVORCE INSTEAD

Ekan ni omokunrin nku

You must be churning on dry leaves.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by TOPE20001(f): 10:58pm On Jan 18, 2010
chaircover:

I think as individuals (both men and women) we all change as life goes on. We change as we get older and we change as a result of circumstances we find ourselves in.

Sexyleamon is right;  when you are married, you relax and the real you comes out, although hopefully it wont be too different from before otherwise kata kata go happen.

I concur.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by tEsLim(m): 12:20am On Jan 19, 2010
All I can say is marraige itself is a change. Status change and comes with a lot to change anybody man or woman.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by rasputinn(m): 4:04am On Jan 19, 2010
Yes; and men too
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 4:30am On Jan 19, 2010
felifeli:

IF YOU DON'T GO SOON ENOUGH  SOME WILL  GRUDGINGLY SETTLE FOR A DIVORCE INSTEAD

Ekan ni omokunrin nku

As brash,vulgar and blunt this post sounds, it's food for thought.You didn't need add in the first line.Most people on nairaland wouldn't bother reading through.They would just read that first line and everything would deteriorate to a war of words.I appreciate the message you are trying to convey and as cheeky as it sounds, it's very welcome.Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Toys For Kids From Age 0 To 10 Come In / Lecturer Wants To Sleep With My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.