Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,229 members, 7,839,216 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Do Women Change After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Change After Marriage? (9225 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Should Women Change Their Dressing Once They Get Married? / Should Women Change Their Phone Numbers After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Phony200(m): 7:39am On Jan 19, 2010
Everybody changes.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Shinatu: 8:32am On Jan 19, 2010
In addition to some good points that some guys/gals have mentioned, I believe women change after marriage and I think the society is to be blamed for this.

In this part of the world the society is more tolerant towards men so that the man can have the worst character ever and will still be able to get a woman to marry because the woman is expected to live with the character, whereas there is a  long list of what a marriagable lady should be like, I call it the 'superwoman list', so the woman, in this society where marriage is the ultimate has to allign with this list or nothing for her.

I tell you, no human being can be the 'superwoman' for life!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2010
Shinatu:

In addition to some good points that some guys/gals have mentioned, I believe women change after marriage and I think the society is to be blamed for this.

In this part of the world the society is more tolerant towards men so that the man can have the worst character ever [/b]and will still be able to get a woman to marry because the woman is expected to live with the character, whereas there is a  long list of what a marriagable lady should be like, I call it the 'superwoman list', so the woman, in this society where marriage is the ultimate has to allign with this list or nothing for her.

[b]I tell you, no human being can be the 'superwoman' for life!

I agree that no woman can be "superwoman" forever but our people and a lot of other races had reasons why they set up the marriage institution like they did.Compare marriages in westernized countries and Africa. . .BIG DIFFERENCE!

In the more "liberated" countries, a woman can just wake up one day and leave her husband for good in a seemingly happy marriage.They give all sorts of reasons about "not being happy" in the marriage or "trying to discover themselves" or "they needed sometime to get themselves together".Mind you, if it just leaving the husband, that would be understandable but they not only do that. . .they ruin the man financially in divorce settlements, the man loses most (if not all he worked for) and she merrily moves on to the next sucker that comes along.Our forefathers weren't crazy when they put women in their rightful place.See how "liberated" women make a mockery of the family institution in western countries.You can find out a lil more in these websites :

www.womensinfidelity.com
www.dumpyourwifenow.com
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by ruemu(m): 9:28am On Jan 19, 2010
YES we all change.
like a poster rightly said ,  women tot men will change after marriage,  they rarely change, men wish the wife never change but she does.

--
Again here is a line my married friend drop with me,  while we discuss some of the marital issues i see them leave with,

--
Once you're hooked(married) to a WOMAN you're f uc k ed for LIFE watever & however u see f ck ed ,  go figure,

@ poster, So u got to learn a new way to live,  if u think u'll get it right by your old ways,  u'll get fustrated until u wake up, 
my 1cent
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by harakiri(m): 9:36am On Jan 19, 2010
ruemu:

YES we all change.
like a poster rightly said ,  women tot men will change after marriage,  they rarely change, men wish the wife never change but she does.

--
Again here is a line my married friend drop with me,  while we discuss some of the marital issues i see them leave with,

--
Once you're hooked(married) to a WOMAN you're f    uc k ed for LIFE watever & however u see f   ck ed ,  go figure,

@ poster, So u got to learn a new way to live,  if u think u'll get it right by your old ways,  u'll get fustrated until u wake up, 
my 1cent

Food for thought. cool
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by peter21(m): 11:35am On Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for this infomation,it will be useful for marriage seminars,
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by zains: 11:56am On Jan 19, 2010
@ Poster,

I sincerely hope you'd grow up so you do not frustrate that wonderful woman you intend to marry.

You seem to be highly impressed with all the negative views expressed here, well, you know what they say:
''Expectation precedes manifestation'' and ''As a man thinks, so he becomes''

You might just get what you think about. Add this piece of advice to your endless ''foods for thought''

Peace out!
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Chookym(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2010
for sure they change
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Sprumbaba: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2010
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Lacuzy: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ sexyleamon i agree with you also circumstances make people change whether women or men they both change.

My cousin once told me that you dont know a man until you marry him likewise you dont know a woman until you marry her.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by uchemummy(f): 2:20pm On Jan 19, 2010
They change with the changing situation.what i mean is this--------some women change with alot of things they met in the man's house(family) and the man can suddenly change over night cos he knows that their is no going back 4 u.it is vice-versa
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by suxes2005(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2010
well it depends on situation sha
but all women change after marriage
either for more good or bad,

SHALOM
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by daberechim: 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
Shinatu

I disagree with you. If you are a christain the bible made it clear that a woman should be submissive to the husband. the list you are talking about is an insurance for the man and all around him.

no man want a nagging wife, troublesome woman, disrespectful woman, non domestic woman even when you have all the money, non caring woman, insincere woman, unreliable woman, beautiful woman though it lies in the eyes of the beholder, inpatient woman, when it is good alone woman, the man is Good woman, etc.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by felifeli: 2:10pm On Jan 21, 2010
daberechim:

Shinatu

I disagree with you. If you are a christain the bible made it clear that a woman should be submissive to the husband. the list you are talking about is an insurance for the man and all around him.

no man want a nagging wife, troublesome woman, disrespectful woman, non domestic woman even when you have all the money, non caring woman, insincere woman, unreliable woman, beautiful woman though it lies in the eyes of the beholder, inpatient woman, when it is good alone woman, the man is Good woman, etc.

Thank you. As a matter of fact I know of a gentleman who has been so badly mistreated by his wife that all he ever hears from her from morning till night was -"You are a useless man" just because the man did not earn enough.
It was so bad that on one occasion the man went for a job interview and when the interviewer asked him - what is your name., what came out of his mouth was " I am a useless man"
Guess who didn't get the job. Many men's life are completely ruined by marriage . If you don't love the woman enough to beat her up her once in a while you will die a miserable man. I know what many will say about wife beating after this post; but nobody ever says anything about husband beating because the man is often ashamed to say it to the world. Good luck with your marriage mate.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by darkman200: 5:16pm On Jan 21, 2010
yeah they do! grin grin grin
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by chidiogor: 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2010
not jst the women, i think i'ts both ways.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Shinatu: 1:39pm On Jan 27, 2010
daberechim:

Shinatu

I am glad you agree with me on the purpose for the list. THE MAN ofcourse what else matters?
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by Shinatu: 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2010
felifeli:

Thank you. As a matter of fact I know of a gentleman who has been so badly mistreated by his wife that all he ever hears from her from morning till night was -"You are a useless man" just because the man did not earn enough.
It was so bad that on one occasion the man went for a job interview and when the interviewer asked him - what is your name., what came out of his mouth was " I am a useless man"
Guess who didn't get the job. Many men's life are completely ruined by marriage . If you don't love the woman enough to beat her up her once in a while you will die a miserable man. I know what many will say about wife beating after this post; but nobody ever says anything about husband beating because the man is often ashamed to say it to the world. Good luck with your marriage mate.

I want to guess where you could have 'known of' this gentleman since it is a matter of fact, from Alibaba abi? or Basketmouth? I hear these stories too and I do what they are supposed to make me do, laugh.
Re: Do Women Change After Marriage? by nelsonose: 5:20am On Oct 19, 2010
Whatever the people's responces, aint you going to get married someday. My advice: Don't worry about issues like these because life itself is dynamic and human beings are the most unpreditable creature on earth. So changes must occure but never mind whenever you get to the bridge you will definately cross.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Can You Propose To A Lady Afer 3months Of Dating/ladies Can You Say Yes? / Toys For Kids From Age 0 To 10 Come In / Lecturer Wants To Sleep With My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.