Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion (7823 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists Need Your Suggestions / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Please, We Atheists Need Religious Translations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by swegiedon(m): 4:43pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Please do you have any evidence to back up this fictional story of yours? cool
He mustn't back it up. He still made point

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:
Yesterday, one of my principles about religion paid off. I had a Muslim couple pay for my taxi.

I had a business meeting in a corner of lagos which I would never drive to and so, I used an uber to the place. After the meeting, I was waiting for my uber to arrive.

The place is a bit flooded and so I knew the uber would take time to come. So there I was waiting for my taxi in the hot sun with my business suit sweating. An older Muslim couple came and were looking confused (I knew they were Muslim from dressing hijab n Muslim cap). I greeted them "Salam, good afternoon". The Muslim couple greeted back and stated that they were looking for an office. I gave them directions and they were happy.

Only for them to come back 5 mins later and inform me that the office was closed and that someone is coming to pick them soon. So we both waited for our pick ups.

While waiting, the couple asked me if I am truly a Muslim ( I was unshaved and I greeted them salam but I just somehow had the swag of a play boy). I told them that I am a recent convert from Christianity to islam. They loved it and started telling me what books to read and how to enjoy islam. They said that they were happy to see a young polished man who is trying to be religious. They gave me 5000 naira for my taxi.

Imagine if I told them that I am an atheist who feels Prophet Mo lied.

There is a lesson somewhere here.

Cc Hahn, jonbellion, dalaman, felixomor, scepticalpyhrro, hopefullandlord, johnydon22 et al

You deceitfully took advantage of their belief.
I feel it was petty though.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 4:45pm On May 31, 2017
swegiedon:

He mustn't back it up. He still made point
With that bolded
Please then tell him to not come and accuse anybody of being gullible here again .

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 4:46pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

LmAO, grin
Dont tell me u are now like Galaman
Who claims to be joking anytime he is exposed?
Hehehehe

Galaman ni, Mangala ko.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 4:47pm On May 31, 2017
Akdegreat:

You deceitfully took advantage of their belief.
I feel it was petty though.

Machiavellian cool
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 4:48pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Galaman ni, Mangala ko.

Sorry i meant galaman, dalaman grin
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 4:49pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

With that bolded
Please then tell him to not come and accuse anybody of being gullible here again .

My story is true. Unfortunately, there is no way I can prove it.

If even you don't believe, the lesson remains important

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:50pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Machiavellian cool

That's a bad reputation . Nothing to be proud of . One of the dark triads - the other two are Narcissism and psychopathy . grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by lepasharon(f): 4:52pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Fallacy: Red herring.
This thread is not about raising dead.

I hope u are reading? undecided

His story wasn't outrageous like claiming to raise the dead. So ur going to have to take his word for it undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 4:54pm On May 31, 2017
lepasharon:

His story wasn't outrageous like claiming to raise the dead. So ur going to have to take his word for it undecided
Hahahaha.
What a command.

Sorry, all lies are outrageous.
Especially proven ones like this. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:56pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

My story is true. Unfortunately, there is no way I can prove it.

Well if there is no evidence , then there is no logical reason to accept the story as true .

JackBizzle:
If even you don't believe, the lesson remains important

What lesson is there to be learnt ? Exploit people for your selfish interest . Be a mountebank . Fake it and finagle money from unsuspecting people .

Which one is it ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by swegiedon(m): 4:57pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

With that bolded
You shouldn't be bothered by being called gullible. He made a point and also sent a message, which is you can use common sense to get what you want regardless of your label

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 5:00pm On May 31, 2017
swegiedon:

You shouldn't be bothered by being called gullible. He made a point and also sent a message, which is you can use common sense to get what you want regardless of your label
Sorry, u dont make points by telling lies cool
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:00pm On May 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

That's a bad reputation . Nothing to be proud of . One of the dark triads - the other two are Narcissism and psychopathy . grin

Machiavelli was not evil. He was just a smart guy who wrote about the ruthless nature of politics.

He was pragmatic.

Joseph Stalin on the other hand....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:01pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Can u prove that it is a lie?

Like how you ask atheists if the can prove that God doesn't exist.

Dull

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Machiavelli was not evil. He was just a smart guy who wrote about the ruthless nature of politics.

He was pragmatic.

Joseph Stalin on the other hand....

Of course deception , exploitation , selfishness and manipulation are seen as being smart for you as an atheist . This is what it means to lack moral compass .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 5:13pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Can u prove that it is a lie?

Like how you ask atheists if the can prove that God doesn't exist.

Dull
Mumdeen
Please first prove that the story is not a lie.
Provide evidence grin
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:17pm On May 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Well if there is no evidence , then there is no logical reason to accept the story as true .

What lesson is there to be learnt ? Exploit people for your selfish interest . Be a mountebank . Fake it and finagle money from unsuspecting people .

Which one is it ?

I did not ask the couple for money. They gave it freely.

I liked two birds with one stone. Made a couple happy and got a free ride to my destination.

The lesson is to understand people's biases and appeal to them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:18pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Mumdeen
Please first prove that the story is not a lie.
Provide evidence grin

I can't. The same way you can't prove your God.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 5:20pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

I can't. The same way you can't prove your God.

Good, even.
You have no business here cheesy
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:20pm On May 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course deception , exploitation , selfishness and manipulation are seen as being smart for you as an atheist . This is what it means to lack moral compass .

Your church that does staged miracles nko? Are they not using deception?

Hi and read about Machiavelli

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:20pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Good, even.
You have no business here cheesy

Not every story requires proof- did Jesus provide proofs for the parables?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 5:25pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Not every story requires proof- did Jesus provide proofs for the parables?

Hehehehe,
And I guess you are the rule maker who demands proof from christians but on your own turn,
"Not all stories require evidence"
yeah right cheesy grin
Say that to the birds
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by swegiedon(m): 5:36pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

You should take it as a parable if it is a lie and I know you know all parable or story has a hidden message,so take the hidden message from his story even if it is a lie and apply it
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 5:46pm On May 31, 2017
swegiedon:

You should take it as a parable if it is a lie and I know you know all parable or story has a hidden message,so take the hidden message from his story even if it is a lie and apply it

Sorry, the writer did not claim its a parable.
And besides Parables are narrated in third person. What business has atheist with "parables" in the first place?

Please, Stop trying so hard to justify lies.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:56pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Hehehehe,
And I guess you are the rule maker who demands proof from christians but on your own turn,
"Not all stories require evidence"
yeah right cheesy grin
Say that to the birds

My story is not out of the ordinary. It happens to people. It is not something worth investigating.

If I told you that I have a black pencil. Would you ask for proof? It is not affecting anything. It not unusual to have a pencil.

Now, if I told you that I have magic to control your life......that needs testing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 5:59pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Sorry, the writer did not claim its a parable.
And besides Parables are narrated in third person. What business has atheist with "parables" in the first place?

Please, Stop trying so hard to justify lies.

Mumu. So an atheist can not make parables?
It is a true story.

The fact that you are asking for proof rather than looking at the lesson shows that you are dull.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:06pm On May 31, 2017
swegiedon:

What is wrong with these people ? Which hidden message is there to discover ? undecided
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

It is a true story.

The fact that you are asking for proof rather than looking at the lesson shows that you are dull.

For us who have moral rectitude , there is no moral lesson to be learnt here ; for the turpitudinous ones like the atheists , deception and manipulation should be appreciated
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 6:17pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

My story is not out of the ordinary. It happens to people. It is not something worth investigating.

If I told you that I have a black pencil. Would you ask for proof? It is not affecting anything. It not unusual to have a pencil.

Now, if I told you that I have magic to control your life......that needs testing.

Hehehehe,
Keep trying hard to Justify your lies.
Besides, if a Christian told you he witnessed a miracle,
You have to believe also.
You dont have to ask proof. Miracles occur.
Dont u think so? grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 6:20pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

It is a true story.

You dont know what a parable is?
Keep quiet. Mumudeen grin
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 6:21pm On May 31, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

For us who have moral rectitude , there is no moral lesson to be learnt here ; for the turpitudinous ones like the atheists , deception and manipulation should be appreciated

This is why you'll never be rich. Every human interaction is a lie. You show people your good side and never your bad side when you first meet.

The laws of seduction. Never show your true intent, rather play to your targets weakness.

To reiterate the point Seun is an atheist but atheist threads never make the front page. Islamic threads on Friday and Christian threads on Sunday.

Think.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Destroy An Atheist In An Argument - 6 Steps / 5 Signs Your Star Is Under Attack / Has Anyone Seen God Face-to-face?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.