Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,236 members, 7,846,108 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? (672 Views)

Is It Said Somewhere In The Quran To 'fight' / Stories From The Quran- Moses and Pharaoh / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by aloyemeka7: 3:22am On Jan 18, 2010
Every now and then it's either riot, massacre or terrorism all related to Islam. According to my muslim brothers, the quran did not advise muslims to engage in such nefarious activities. I have come to the conclusion after the Jos massacre yesterday that it could be that these muslims doing this in the North do not read the quran. They just walk around claiming to be muslims but they do not read the quran. As a muslim, do you think that preaching and encouraging many of these muslims to read the quran and helping the illiterate ones with the interpretation will help these hoodlums who think they are working for Allah stop killing people?

Muslim brothers and sisters, alhajis, alfas, imams and hadjias, What do you suggest we do to alleviate this ugly situation?
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 20, 2010
evil and nuisance, aloy emeka is your name
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by aloyemeka2: 12:05am On Jan 21, 2010
coughs in Tiv
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by Nanai: 12:22am On Jan 21, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Every now and then it's either riot, massacre or terrorism all related to Islam. According to my muslim brothers, the quran did not advise muslims to engage in such nefarious activities. I have come to the conclusion after the Jos massacre yesterday that it could be that these muslims doing this in the North do not read the quran. They just walk around claiming to be muslims but they do not read the quran.

Alhamdulillah you are starting to understand things. Honestly, there's too much gibberish going on that people find it difficult to understand what's going on. Islamis indeed a very peaceful religion. Most of the time riots break out no informed muslim is involved just like no informed christian is involved. There are so many acts done by muslims that are not Islam.

As a muslim, do you think that preaching and encouraging many of these muslims to read the quran and helping the illiterate ones with the interpretation will help these hoodlums who think they are working for Allah stop killing people?

Honestly, this is what the Ulama are seriously fighting for. If you'll listen to Friday sermons, Tafseers, and other Islamic discussions you'll know that Islam and Muslims preach against violence.

Buttchere are always to sides to a coin.I also think that Christian scholars should get their followers informed.
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by aloyemeka2: 3:57am On Jan 21, 2010
Nanai:

As a muslim, do you think that preaching and encouraging many of these muslims to read the quran and helping the illiterate ones with the interpretation will help these hoodlums who think they are working for Allah stop killing people?

Honestly, this is what the Ulama are seriously fighting for. If you'll listen to Friday sermons, Tafseers, and other Islamic discussions you'll know that Islam and Muslims preach against violence.

Buttchere are always to sides to a coin.I also think that Christian scholars should get their followers informed.

Christians don't throw stones so I don't care whether their leaders inform the followers or not.

What is Ulama?
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by MUNEER2(m): 1:25am On Jan 27, 2010
Here is the Emeka again who keep blaming others for his failure angry
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by aloyemeka2: 3:14am On Jan 29, 2010
MUNEER2:

Here is the Emeka again who keep blaming others for his failure angry

Which failure?. Children of God do not fail.
Re: How Do We Preach The Quran To Hinterlands? by MUNEER2(m): 11:13pm On Jan 31, 2010
aloy-emeka:

Which failure?. Children of God do not fail.
, of course grin

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Solution To Poverty / Belief In The Jinn Part 2 / Palestinian Issue - Some Truths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.