Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans (3775 Views)

[video] New Airport Full-body X-ray Scanners Proven To Be Useless? / Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? / Nigeria Installs Full Body Scanners At Airports. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by rasputinn(m): 3:51am On Jan 19, 2010
Any radio,infra or uv rays always have side effect;that worries me more than the privacy aspect
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by splashbaby(m): 9:10am On Jan 19, 2010
This politics of foreign land where we have no say is totally annoying when we pretend we can do something. In NIgeria we can do something, I recommend to break down of law and order in all the major state of the country and vicious "MUTALLABING" any known politician in government this way we can save Nigeria, MUTALLABING starts now!
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by splashbaby(m): 9:18am On Jan 19, 2010
This politics of foreign land where we have no say is totally annoying when we pretend we can do something. In NIgeria we can do something, I recommend to break down of law and order in all the major state of the country and vicious "MUTALLABING" any known politician in government this way we can save Nigeria, MUTALLABING starts now!
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Stealthy(m): 7:19pm On Jan 19, 2010
rasputinn:

Any radio,infra or uv rays always have side effect;that worries me more than the privacy aspect

That's a very valid point. No one has actually come out to talk about the safety or otherwise of these machines. I've heard some manufacturers claim that since these things are millimeter waves & not x-rays, then they're safe. I don't believe it sha. In 10 or 20 yrs, some wiz kid will discover that frequent fliers tend to have some cancer or d other & find out that it's because of these machines.

The amazing part of it all is:

1. This machine may not have even caught Abdulmutallab
2. No one is talking about the negligent failure of the US intelligence system, which caused all this

All they're focusing on is to bring these machines to full use (they've only been optional in the few airports where deployed) and to label "innocent" Nigeria as a country with terrorist links
Re: Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans by Lagosboy: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2010
GNBohr:

My Yoruba people says: "Ti ina o ba tan lara, eje ki i tan ni ekanna. No Full Body Scan can stop terrorism. The only thing that fuels terrorism is inequality. The world order must change. Those who have prevent others from having. Who manufactures the weapon of terrorism are now the victims of terrorism. Let those who manufacture weapons that can destroy live stop production, then killing will stop.

When a country in the third world country engages in political and social squabbles and the best the developed countries could do is to escalate it by selling or donating arms to interested parties in the conflict. Terrorism has started.

What is the pride of USA in boasting of having a weapon of mass destruction. When another country seeks to acquire such they develop phobia for death. They threatened you with all manners of sanctions. It shows how coward they are. Who made them GOD over all other nations.

Terrorism is a war started by Americans, now that they have inflicted the whole world with it, they are jittery that it would consume them. Americans trains and equips all manners of agents of death, Al-qaeda, Talibans, Militants, Seccessionists, Rebellions, Mercenaries and their ilk, the Assassins.

If Americans are now afraid that the terrorism they spent billions of dollars promoting in other regions of the world is coming to meet them on American soil, then they should rethink and redirect their military technology and strategies into something that will safeguide life and not destroy it.

The Chinese spent 300 years building their great wall against external invasion but when it was defiled it came through internal invasion. Their enemies just simply compromised the gate keepers to keep the gate open for them to enter. The effect the great wall failed to stop the invaders from killing them enmasse.

Americans are deluding themselves by creating a "Watch List" or a "NO Fly List" against some countries and groups and individuals. Nigeria and Nigerians is just added. I will be alive to watch the list grow to a number that will make America see every other country as haven of terrorism and terrorists. Then America will know that it has become a dung gatherer. A dung gatherer does nothing but gathers dung on its head.

I dont and will never support terrorism but to label one a terrorist while America engages in the worst terrorist acts against other nations is the most laughable thing in the world. USA is going the way of ROME. I use to think they have a lot of knowledge in that enclave.

I do not only concur with you brilliant speech i feel like eating the words because it is sweet to eat. This has been my campaign on NL in the face of the recent terrorism scare. Body scanners will not solve anything, do people ever think that every time a rule is passed terrorist simply develop a new style. First it was shoe bomb, we had to remove our shoes and pass it through a scanner, then it was liquid bomb , every liquid was banned on planes, now it is powder bomb which and body scanners are implemented. It is interesting to not the wholesale producers of this body scanners are Israeli companies, somebody s got to make the money.

Each scanners cost like £100,000 somebody do the maths by multiplying by the countries of the world with each airport having at least 3 scanners plus maintenance fees and replacement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Get Botswana Visa From Nigeria / How Can I Relocate To Mexico / Plane Crash Just Happened Some Minutes Ago! Four People Were Inside!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.