Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:15 AM

Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? (4414 Views)

Travellers To US Face Tighter Airport Security / Nigeria Installs Full Body Scanners At Airports. / Super Invasion Of Privacy - Airport Full Body Scans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by JeSoul(f): 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2010

and for the jokers . . .

My take is if its going to keep us safe from those terrorist lunatics, then unfortunately this is the new reality of flying. So submit yourself for either the full-body scan or an "enhanced" pat-down search. I've been through both and didn't really have a problem with the pat-down, big deal. And of course its guys searching guys and women searching women. What's your take?
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by Dsense(m): 10:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
Yep. . . . . I'm with u.Atleast this is better than getting burnt by terrorist grin
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by Ladytemi(f): 8:02am On Nov 22, 2010
If it will keeps us all safe while flying then no problem, if you have nothing to hide then what's the issue. I'm all for Full body scanners.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by iice(f): 10:05am On Nov 24, 2010
Time consuming, that's my problem. But man gas chin am dey go undecided
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by SeanT21(f): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2010
I have nothing to hide.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2010
they are really zeroing down on concealed materials but my worry is that it should also scan human boots, I mean the underneath where the lunatic Mutallab hid some explosive powder. We need to be safe and so we are willing to let go some privacy.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by akossyy: 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2010
I REALLY SUPPORT THIS IDEA, THERE WILL BE NO PLACE FOR CRIMINALS AND TERRORIST A HIDING PLACE TO HIDE ANYLONGER
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by omega25red(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
Has the scanner been installed in Nigeria? and who are the folks watching it?

In nigeria too many women will be searched after the scan cause of all the ileke idi they wear and all the other juju things they tie around their waist and body grin
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by proudly9ja(m): 4:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
Time consuming but I also know that there's research currently going on on new detection methods for airport screening.

My advise is that when next you are at the airport and you dont want to be delayed, just strip naked! grin grin
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by buzugee(m): 4:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
where can i apply for this job ?
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2010
I do not trust all those security agencies, I rather go for a pat down than go through that detection scanner. No one has any idea if someone is at Langley, VA dialing remotely into the cameras and viewing the unviewable, perhaps they clam it's not intrusive but someone remotely can make it intrusive. Never underestimate the capability of those agencies; secretive and secured agencies.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by buzugee(m): 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
looks like they can see your package grin that would be the dream job for a woman who likes prick grin
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by mikeoscar: 11:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
I'm driving by road in a moment to Oklahoma City from Houston because my madam and my tenage daughter are protesting the body scan after Fox news and CNN bombarded my home with some of the images by poster angry
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by coolme2: 12:44am On Nov 25, 2010
In as much as i may not care cos i have nothing to hide and support security of life and property,my main concern now is th level of X-ray radiation we will be expose to especially the frequent travelers.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 25, 2010
I do not see what the blasted big deal is. When 911 happened Americans were outraged @ our lack of security and the ease at which the men were able to get passed TSA and routine body checks and now that it has been nearly 10 years since that unfortunate event, they are ready to cry "bloody murder" when their wish for tighter security is granted. i mean wtf? why must ppl WAIT until *ish happens before they take precautions and then get mad when their own suggestions are realized? What it is is Americans have the false sense of security and are suffering from a HUGE disease known as "ignorance". They are expecting brown people with turbans/saris to be patted down failing to realise 70 percent of terror attacks on America were anglo-saxon, blue jean and turtle neck wearing, former Army soldiers (lol) who looked like as they say in America "the boy next door".

If a TSA member want to be a pervert and stare at me through the machine or pat me down for three hours so be it! I am one who travels VERY often to New York which increases the probability that I could be a victim of or witness something as effed up as 911, so if that can help me reach my destination safely then dammit I'll HELP them take off my *ish LOL. This is NOT a game. This is lives we are talking about. In my state (North Carolina) some blasted idiots (white folks) leaving town for the holidays had the nerve to "boycott" TSA this morning even willing to be passed by those willing to comply, when interviewed on tv about it this one black dude said "For what? I bought my ticket and I am trying to get where I need to go!" lol.

Any adult having s3x, going to the doctors office or changing their clothes in the gym in front of others and are complaining about this is a fool. The human anatomy is not just for one or two ppl. We all know what is in store. If you are ashamed of your body do some crunches! but when it comes to yours and MY life? get a grip!
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by Tolulop001(f): 6:13am On Nov 25, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

I do not see what the blasted big deal is. When 911 happened Americans were outraged @ our lack of security and the ease at which the men were able to get passed TSA and routine body checks and now that it has been nearly 10 years since that unfortunate event, they are ready to cry "bloody murder" when their wish for tighter security is granted. i mean wtf? why must ppl WAIT until *ish happens before they take precautions and then get mad when their own suggestions are realized? What it is is Americans have the false sense of security and are suffering from a HUGE disease known as "ignorance". They are expecting brown people with turbans/saris to be patted down failing to realise 70 percent of terror attacks on America were anglo-saxon, blue jean and turtle neck wearing, former Army soldiers (lol) who looked like as they say in America "the boy next door".

If a TSA member want to be a pervert and stare at me through the machine or pat me down for three hours so be it! I am one who travels VERY often to New York which increases the probability that I could be a victim of or witness something as effed up as 911, so if that can help me reach my destination safely then dammit I'll HELP them take off my *ish LOL. This is NOT a game. This is lives we are talking about. In my state (North Carolina) some blasted idiots (white folks) leaving town for the holidays had the nerve to "boycott" TSA this morning even willing to be passed by those willing to comply, when interviewed on tv about it this one black dude said "For what? I bought my ticket and I am trying to get where I need to go!" lol.

Any adult having s3x, going to the doctors office or changing their clothes in the gym in front of others and are complaining about this is a fool. The human anatomy is not just for one or two ppl. We all know what is in store. If you are ashamed of your body do some crunches! but when it comes to yours and MY life? get a grip!

ON POINT! cheesy
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by godfadda6(m): 4:28pm On Nov 25, 2010
I have no problem with the body scanners, but how safe are humans who pass through this machines they are radio-active,just like x-ray machines, how long will u stay in the machine to be safe??
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by worry246(m): 4:32pm On Nov 25, 2010
You will receive more cosmic radiation from flying in the plane than the Xray machine.
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by lordvamon(m): 11:40am On Nov 26, 2010
ok
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by seyibrown(f): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2010
Better to get there 'naked' than 'blown to smithereens'! grin
Re: Airport Security: Full-body Scans ~ Enhanced Pat-downs - What's Your Take? by angrynaija: 4:00am On Dec 01, 2010
thanks to the panty bomber for the invasion of privacy that innocent people now have to suffer. crazy, crazy nutcase. i'd rather the body scanner than being groped. besides, you are groped with the same gloves that they groped the 300 people that were there before you.

(1) (Reply)

Welcome To Abuja, The Nigerian Capital (Pictures) / Top 5 Bustling Nightclubs In Port Harcourt / I Need Your Help On Getting To Abule Egba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.