Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments (16429 Views)

Midland Savings And Loans Bank In Trouble Over Assault On Nursing Mother / CBN To Order Banks To Repay Illegal Charges With Interest / Bill Gates To Repay Nigeria’s $76m Polio Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by supereagle(m): 8:53am On Jun 01, 2017
Ndi Biafra. Omu Igbo.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by ProWalker: 9:01am On Jun 01, 2017
hardbody:

I have a Yoruba businesswoman that my company provided a credit guarantee for on this same BOI. I am perfecting a debenture at the CAC so i can sell all her assets including her silly fat ass. From day one she had no intention of repaying a loan of N80m only

I am not talking here say, it's an account i am overseeing.

My point? There are cheats and fraudsters everywhere and it's not about creed , tribe or color

You are just perfecting the debenture after you've granted the loan? This your BS story is ridiculous. On what basis did your CR team alllowed the loan ?

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by ModsWillKillNL: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2017
hahahaha

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2017
you mean the flatron developers like to scam banks? wow! shocked
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Deeldorado: 9:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Mynd44:
So a rep of the bank came out to make this BS statement and for some reason, his backside was not fired and also a overhaul was not ordered into the operations of that branch? What is wrong with this country?

These guys just admitted that they have not been properly doing their job when it comes to investigating those who apply for loans. How can a businessman act like a farmer to ask for a loan and you did not know? Did you have discussions with him about his plans for the farm, the different farming techniques the challenges and he aced it? Questions only a farmer will know. So someone claims to be a bean (for example) farmer and he will know how many weeks it takes a particular strain of beans to grow? Or the expected weight of a chicken at 12 weeks?

Dont they go with them to their farms to do assessment and follow up assessment? So when the diversion of funds start (for farmers but got "better ideas" and decided to go into business)

Have they tried people who divert such loans in court? Have they sent the EFCC after the criminal people who take loans and not pay back? What is wrong with these people?

Exactly my sentiments. What I picked up from the whole thing is not the sensational headline but the fact that the Bank of Agriculture does not do due diligence before handing out loans. Not surprised it's not a viable bank.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by hardbody: 9:29am On Jun 01, 2017
ProWalker:

You are just perfecting the debenture after you've granted the loan? This your BS story is ridiculous. On what basis did your CR team alllowed the loan ?

On relationship. Until it got sticky. Although both processes were running pari passu

Does that make any sense to you?
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by adeoba2008(m): 9:51am On Jun 01, 2017
Igbo kwenu...!

http:///2sgSpjU
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by BininKingdom: 10:44am On Jun 01, 2017
Naijaguy12345:
They are fraud. Jumping from one fraud of a leader to another scammer named kanu, I kind of want to see how their bi*fraud country will look like.

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by ProWalker: 10:53am On Jun 01, 2017
hardbody:

On relationship. Until it got sticky. Although both processes were running pari passu

Does that make any sense to you?

Just hope the same debenture you are trying to perfect is not already with another bank.
I don't know what sort of relationship your CR team relied up to grant to such facility
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Jaideyone(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
hardbody:

I have a Yoruba businesswoman that my company provided a credit guarantee for on this same BOI. I am perfecting a debenture at the CAC so i can sell all her assets including her silly fat ass. From day one she had no intention of repaying a loan of N80m only

I am not talking here say, it's an account i am overseeing.

My point? There are cheats and fraudsters everywhere and it's not about creed , tribe or color
ipob fraudster. cry me a river grin
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Naijaguy12345(m): 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
[quote author=BininKingdom post=57082935][/quote] tribal mark is bad and should be banned just like me Bleep*ng your mom is bad and same way femi was Bleep*ng bianca .

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by blacknp(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
slyopez:
It's our money, why paying back what belongs to you.
Same way ifeanyi UBA went and sold petroleum products given to him to store,claiming NNPC is owing him money. Criminals.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by blacknp(m): 3:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Omeokachie:
How many businesses are there in the South East? He didnt say.

How many businesses in the South East applied for the loan? He didnt say.

What percentage of businesses have so far failed to repay the loan? He didnt say.

And how many have you prosecuted for breach of contract?
He didnt say.

All he did was make an unsubstantiated and sweeping statement that South East businesses are not repaying their loan!

And some people will make some unintelligent comments based on this hogwash!

Give a dog a bad name to hang it.

Indeed there was a country.
I guess the truth is a bitter pill to swallow?
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Esseite:
Tribal bigots thread..... who generalizes on a whole region... what is the ratio of agric loan for south east compared to the north?... if you have loan defaulters, you go after them individually not to generalize on a region despite claiming from the article they are rich business men..

How the FTC wakes up very early just to call a people rogues tells a lot about the youth, their reasoning and their daily scale of preference..

Sorry Bro, but it is the truth. I have worked in a couple of banks where this was the case. Eventually, to solve the problem, both banks restricted their credit facilities to just overdrafts - no long term facilities, cos a majority of loans given to businesses in the SE region don't get paid back. Apparently a lot of the BMs and Account Officers in that zone even collude with the customers to make away with the money.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Blue3k(m): 4:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
blacknp:
Same way ifeanyi UBA went and sold petroleum products given to him to store,claiming NNPC is owing him money. Criminals.

People like him are funny. He's hurting his one brother by fraudulently taking loans fhat would help out legitimate farmers. Tribalism and victimhood mentality won't let him see the obvious.

1 Like

Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by hardbody: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
ProWalker:

Just hope the same debenture you are trying to perfect is not already with another bank.
I don't know what sort of relationship your CR team relied up to grant to such facility

Search at the CAC returned a clean bill bro.

When I said relationship you must know what I mean, top level waivers, etc
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mynd44:
So a rep of the bank came out to make this BS statement and for some reason, his backside was not fired and also a overhaul was not ordered into the operations of that branch? What is wrong with this country?

These guys just admitted that they have not been properly doing their job when it comes to investigating those who apply for loans. How can a businessman act like a farmer to ask for a loan and you did not know? Did you have discussions with him about his plans for the farm, the different farming techniques the challenges and he aced it? Questions only a farmer will know. So someone claims to be a bean (for example) farmer and he will know how many weeks it takes a particular strain of beans to grow? Or the expected weight of a chicken at 12 weeks?

Dont they go with them to their farms to do assessment and follow up assessment? So when the diversion of funds start (for farmers but got "better ideas" and decided to go into business)

Have they tried people who divert such loans in court? Have they sent the EFCC after the criminal people who take loans and not pay back? What is wrong with these people?

Look here .. Do you work for the bank ? Are you in a better position to tell them how to manage risk.

Do people in the East Farm more than those in the North - If they do, what is their agricultural output. Immediately I read the thread title.

I asked myself - Agricultural loans to farmers in the East, how many farms do easterners own.

Now they know easterner's to like to cheat (them dey call am sense), they will certainly cut financing in that area - to double funding in areas feeding this country a'la Benue, Taraba, Plateau, Jigawa, Kebbi and the rest.

MOD we dey misyarn.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by uchenageme(m): 6:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
Totally tribal motivated story, so that they can justify their lopsided sharing of the country's resources in the name of loans. How many corrupt government officials from the south east have been convicted of corruption compared to those from other regions, lets be realistic and work with available statistics and figures not just sentiments.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by Omeokachie: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2017
blacknp:
I guess the truth is a bitter pill to swallow?

Not when it comes from persons who dont know what "truth" looks like, or the gullible spectators who clap because they think they can shout Afonja/Ipob on nairaland.
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by chibuzorAbia: 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
blacknp:

We Igbos are bloody criminals!!!
Re: South East Businessmen Don’t Repay Loans, Bank Of Agriculture Laments by jozef4links: 5:42am On Jun 03, 2017
Mynd44:

bros some do have farms but they divert the funds to other business and I have proof to that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goat Farming / Dangote Faults Kenya Over Corruption: Is Kenya More Corrupt Than Nigeria? / First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.