Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,836 members, 7,828,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? (16458 Views)

Electric Cable At First Bank ATM Mile 12, Lagos (photos) / N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Jasiel(f): 12:49am On Mar 24, 2012
Access Bank Is Most Useless - What Should I Do?

angryokay, so i went to withdraw some money from a first bank atm with an access card only for the machine to debit me and pay me nothing. i'm really getting fed up and frustrated. i cant sleep for this reason, nor can i even study and im just so upset about the whole thing. you might wonder what the big deal is and why i wont just go and complain:

I'll give you two reasons
1. this is not the first time this is happening
2. i need the money like right now

The first time it happened, I complained but nothing was done about it-i decided not to drag it cos it was a small amount. now, the amount is big and I'm feeling nauseated right now. I'm thinking of storming the bank first thing Monday morning and yelling the whole place down. short of this, I don't know what else to do? can u guys please help me out
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by aieromon(m): 3:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Be patient, the system should credit your account.If it doesn't, walk into any Access Bank branch and lodge your complaint.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by doofanc: 3:46am On Mar 24, 2012
I think the complain should go to ur (ACcess) bank, not first bank.

Personally, as a rule i try not to withdraw from a different bank's atm. The reason being such errors like you unfortunately experienced are usually rectified a lot quicker if its the same bank.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by aieromon(m): 3:49am On Mar 24, 2012
aieromon: Be patient, the system should credit your account.If it doesn't, walk into any Access Bank branch and lodge your complaint.

Hmm,this wasnt my original post.So mods now have the permission to edit user posts lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by strangerf: 4:18am On Mar 24, 2012
Nigeria. . . very incompetent.

Sub-par banks, substandard machines, stupiddd customers.

SMH @ a grown a/s/s/ woman who cant use an ATM smoothly.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by GboyegaD(m): 4:19am On Mar 24, 2012
Walk into an access bank to complain if the system does not reverse it. Kindly note it takes about 5days to process if it shows as successful from Access Bank's end as they would need to log it on arbiter and First Bank has 5 days to accept or refute your claim. You actually need not be frustrated.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by MoUTD: 4:42am On Mar 24, 2012
@op: go to first bank to collect a form (atm dispense error) , you will give the details of the atm machine you used,date and the amount. It will be reconcilled btw the two banks. But before this time try and check your balance again as some atm machines are configured to returned any dispensed error back to owner's acct Within some hours.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Odinaka00(m): 4:57am On Mar 24, 2012
ªŋd ♓☺w does this reduce †ђξ price of fuel?....mtcheeeewwww
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Odunnu: 5:54am On Mar 24, 2012
Even if its as low as N500 I used an ATM to withdraw and it didnt dispense yet debited my a/c, I will not rest until its credited and apology tendered.

Wait till Monday and report officially to both banks. What nonsense!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by alarm4: 5:57am On Mar 24, 2012
Jasiel: Access Bank Is Most Useless - What Should I Do?

angryokay, so i went to withdraw some money from a first bank atm with an access card only for the machine to debit me and pay me nothing. i'm really getting fed up and frustrated. i cant sleep for this reason, nor can i even study and im just so upset about the whole thing. you might wonder what the big deal is and why i wont just go and complain:

The first time it happened, I complained but nothing was done about it-i decided not to drag it cos it was a small amount. now, the amount is big and I'm feeling nauseated right now. I'm thinking of storming the bank first thing Monday morning and yelling the whole place down. short of this, I don't know what else to do? can u guys please help me out
GUY TAKE IT EASY.. SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME WT MY GTB CARD ON THE 12TH OF MARCH...MY 10K.. WAS TRAPED AT ACCESS BANK ATM..I NEARLY GONE MAD because THATS THE ONLY MONEY I HOPED 4..BUT LATTER AFTER ENOUGH COMPLAIN AT ACCESS BANK..I WAS TOLD TO GO TO MY GTB BANK AND MADE A COMPLAIN..IT WAS THEN THEY TOLD ME TO WAIT 4 JUST 8 WORKING DAYS TO BACK COME AND CHECK MY ACCOUNT...I DID JUST THAT...MY ACC WAS LATTER CREDITED AND I JUST QUIKLY WITHDRAW MY 10K WITHOUT BLINKING MY EYE FAST AS POSSIBLE...COS I DNT WANT TO HEAR ANTHR STORY.....JST BE PATIENCE IF U CAN...IF U CANNOT JST YELL AT THEM FAST..
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 6:07am On Mar 24, 2012
We have ATMs that cannot properly work and we are talking out cashless society?
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by LailaIkeji1: 6:39am On Mar 24, 2012
i totally undertsnd hw u feel, poster.

cos u need the money like ryt now.

bt my dear, u need to go borrow frm somwhere else oo for now.

like they said here, on monday, you go to your bank, access bank. complain to them. they will check your account history to confirm the transaction didnt reverse.
cos its actually meant to reverse within 24 hours.

where it didnt, they will give you a dispense error form to fill and within 5 working days, your money shld be in ur account.

please also complain about the first time this happened to you. they will chec too and you fill a dispense error form for it.

cos that first money is just lying ther in the bank's cash till.

people have issues and just forget about their monies in banks. these monies will still be left there by the bank and will be there forever unless a sharp sharp runs staff decides to steals it.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by aleroo(f): 6:41am On Mar 24, 2012
strangerf: Nigeria. . . very incompetent.

How exactly do u use an ATM smoothly?
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by tspaqs(f): 6:44am On Mar 24, 2012

Such a 'stupidd' person u are...who says she dnt knw hw 2 use it..i bet u've never had a go at it..mschew!UNDER ITK!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by eghost247(m): 6:49am On Mar 24, 2012
hahahahah remembered when this thing happend to me i went to their head office at apapa they fixed it sha
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by badunlocke: 7:16am On Mar 24, 2012
Simply wait after 24hrs and they don't reverse it, look for Access bank customer care no and FBN customer care call them and lodge ur complaint. If u can't get them on phone, beta send an email ahead of monday b4 u go to the bank and hear their fairy tales.

Same reasons why I quit using ATM. Took them 1month to reverse my transaction after making so much noise.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 24, 2012
@ Op, make sure u know the exact time of the transaction, if not, ur money is gone, always use ATM that can produce receipt even if the money was not dispensed, u need the time of transaction, if not sorry 0, talking from experience with one Oceanic bank, i used ATM of First bank, the money was debited in my account, but i was not payed by the atm, i did two, luckyly for me, i took the receipt.

On getting to oceanic bank the next monday to fill the form, they told me where i should write the time and that if i dont get the exact time, then my money is gone, luckily for me, am with the receipts

Ignore any typo
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 24, 2012
badunlocke: Simply wait after 24hrs and they don't reverse it, look for Access bank customer care no and FBN customer care call them and lodge ur complaint. If u can't get them on phone, beta send an email ahead of monday b4 u go to the bank and hear their fairy tales.

Same reasons why I quit using ATM. Took them 1month to reverse my transaction after making so much noise.

Different banks dont do 24hours return, it is only same banks, in this case op must fill form
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by ekwynwa: 7:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Thanks you so much mods!

sweet ekwy nwa is back!!!!
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 24, 2012
It happens in the UK though rare. Go into your branch to fill an ATM dispute form. Even with all the high tech in the UK, The standard is a refund in 3 working days.

My advice is just that, when you get into the branch, request to speak to a customer service manager or branch manager as those clerks called customer service officers are usually very rude and incompetent.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 24, 2012
Why would you need money so late at night? Abi you wa pay Ashawo! Take am easy! She can wait till tomorrow.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by KINGwax(m): 7:42am On Mar 24, 2012

mtcheew! You're an id¡ot
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by KINGwax(m): 7:45am On Mar 24, 2012
Odinaka00: ªŋd ♓☺w does this reduce †ђξ price of fuel?....mtcheeeewwww
isn't that line old and no more sensible? Grow up jö
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:47am On Mar 24, 2012
Danka7777: Why would you need money so late at night? Abi you wa pay Ashawo! Take am easy! She can wait till tomorrow.

she can decide to withdraw her money anytime of the day, what she does with the money is non of your business.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by ojdollars(m): 7:52am On Mar 24, 2012
Jasiel: Access Bank Is Most Useless - What Should I Do?

@Jasie, it has happened to me too in warri, mine was 20k and till date, money just go like that. I go even carry Gbege go their bank on Monday self as I don remember now because of this your own. Na Oceanic bank where I put my ATM card, he debit me without paying and the security guys come persuade me say make I nor vex that within 24hrs them go shele the money into my acct back with speed, but I wait for even 48hrs and nothing happened. I come go complain, till now, nothin, that money een go reach me buy some bags of garri, so I won't let it go. Nor go shout with them first, just they talk calmly they use your hand they hit their desk na them go beg you. Nonsense criminal minded Sanusi Bankers and Bank Insti.

Jasie, I dey your back, nor fear, but if he happen, I go run. Just go to the bank and complain and I am sure they would do something this time around.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 24, 2012
First Bank didnt eat your money! even seun sef, you put this up front to show how dumb nigerians can be? @op go and check your balance 24 hrs later, you'll see your money there, no bank ate your money
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by omoseun(f): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2012
@ Jasiel, the same too happened to me some weeks ago (i also bank with access), i got to the bank and screamed my head off becos the amount in question was 6ok, i even met with the bank manager and after 4 weeks my money was refunded. My advise to you is that when you get to the bank don't use gentel man's approch becos access bank don't understand that. I wish u all the best.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by snowdrops(m): 8:10am On Mar 24, 2012
So ATM get mouth wey e fit tk eat money? Your money na suya?
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 24, 2012
diluminati: First Bank didnt eat your money! even seun sef, you put this up front to show how dumb nigerians can be? @op go and check your balance 24 hrs later, you'll see your money there, no bank ate your money

omoseun: @ Jasiel, the same too happened to me some weeks ago (i also bank with access), i got to the bank and screamed my head off becos the amount in question was 6ok, i even met with the bank manager and after 4 weeks my money was refunded. My advise to you is that when you get to the bank don't use gentel man's approch becos access bank don't understand that. I wish u all the best.
diluminati: First Bank didnt eat your money! even seun sef, you put this up front to show how dumb nigerians can be? @op go and check your balance 24 hrs later, you'll see your money there, no bank ate your money

Dlluminati, someone said she did not get her money back in 4weeks and you quoted 24hours in your post, do you work with firstbank by the way? From my experience with naija banks, if you don't speak to a manager or use some non-gentlemen approach, nothing would be done.
@op, while you are at it, please ask for redress on your loss of interest as well. They have denied you access to your money for 24hours and above.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by Leyelyzo: 8:17am On Mar 24, 2012

Dont blame the guy though, seriously not every nigerians knows how to operate the ATM machine effectively. Many will end up blaming the machine for what's apparently their error. No be your side you go hoe weed put?
However, this isnt vindicating the effectiveness of the operation of Atm, the machine is prone to error too.
@Op, go to both banks to lodge your complaints, your cash will be credited back
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by wellmax(m): 8:25am On Mar 24, 2012
Hmmm S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ ATM can eat money, ◦⌣ok⌣◦. Wait for it τ̅☺ digest you can pack †ђε excreta. Mtcheeew.
Re: First Bank ATM Ate My Money. What Should I Do? by doofanc: 8:25am On Mar 24, 2012
What most of you don't understand is that in order to prevent frivolous claims, especially by unscrupulous elements trying to play a fast one, a lot of verification by the bank will have to be done before the transaction is reversed.

Which is why the more specific you are, (time of transaction, receipt collected, etc,)like Odiero rightly said, the quicker the reversal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Tips To Help You Profit More From Your Online Business / Share Your Worst Business Experience / Nigeria Can Now Send Money Out Via Western Union

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.