Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,468 members, 7,819,711 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today (27388 Views)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by nurex01(m): 6:23am On Jun 01, 2017
Folashade Adebayo

The Federal University of Technology, Akure, will today launch a CubeSat, with the code name NigeriaEdusat-1, into space from the Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, United States.

The Nigerian Cubesat, is a component of the Birds 1 satellites, comprising of four other CubeSats belonging to Japan, Ghana, Mongolia and Bangladesh. They will be launched from the SpaceX Falcon9 Rocket.

According to a statement from the Head, Media and Protocol Unit of the university, Mr. Adegbenro Adebanjo, the university hopes to make satellite technology popular “among members of staff and students of the university for the purpose of research, resources and environmental management and sustainable socio-economic development of the nation.’’

The statement read in part, “The Nigerian CubeSat is designed, built and owned by The Federal University of Technology, Akure in collaboration with the National Space Research and Development Agency, Nigeria, and the Kyushu Institute of Technology Japan. Mr. Ibukun Adebolu of FUTA’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is the representative of Nigeria on the project. It is the first ever university satellite to be launched in Nigeria. The CubeSats will be launched and docked to the International Space Station where the satellites will be deployed into lower orbit during the last week of June 2017.

“The satellite technology development in the long run shall have spillover effects on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics education that is an essential tool for a country industrial development.’’

http://punchng.com/futa-satellite-flies-into-space-in-us-today/

7 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ArcFresky(m): 6:25am On Jun 01, 2017
Kudos to FUTA, but are we sure futarians were involved? Because that's the very essence of using a university i.e educating the students.

2 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ApolitiCal: 6:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Nice
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by samtee37(m): 6:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Futa satellite?...
You must be kidding me.. .... Futa was just fortunate to participate in the making....... . Biko

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Rawgold29(m): 6:36am On Jun 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
Kusos to FUTA, but are sure futarians wete involved? Because that's the very essence of using a university i.e esucating the students.
haba... Bros this your English hennn.. If i get money eehn.. Na to help you go back to school sure pass..... All you guys quoting me... Why not write that in your exams and tell the marker it was a typo error... What ever you write represent you so be sure before posting ... Yeye dey smell.

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Kamamchukwu(m): 6:39am On Jun 01, 2017
Wow
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by chiefolododo(m): 6:41am On Jun 01, 2017
Okay

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Oblitz(m): 6:43am On Jun 01, 2017
OK. Nice.

Check my signature.
If you need stamped concrete materials, call me on 08136276104
Colour gardeners, release agents, sealers etc are all available.
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by CarlosTheJackal: 6:46am On Jun 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
Kusos to FUTA, but are sure futarians wete involved? Because that's the very essence of using a university i.e esucating the students.
If anything happens to that Satellite just know that you are the cause because this your English ..........

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by RealLordZeus(m): 6:46am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
haba... Bros this your English hennn.. If i get money eehn.. Na to help you go back to school sure pass
Bro free the guy ooo, autocorrect can damage person sometimes, back to the topic, OP, are you sure that machine was made by the students

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by IhatesIGBOS: 6:54am On Jun 01, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
Wow
Go and tell Kanu to create one for the 5% people of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ademega(m): 6:59am On Jun 01, 2017
I even thought they made it in Futa.. I for wonder

2 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ademega(m): 7:00am On Jun 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
This is the real missile lunch...

19 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Qbaba(m): 7:04am On Jun 01, 2017
This kind of news I always want to hear. Nice one FUTA.

4 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Young03(m): 7:13am On Jun 01, 2017
great
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ArcFresky(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2017
ademega:

This is the real missile lunch...

CarlosTheJackal:
If anything happens to that Satellite just know that you are the cause because this your English ..........

Rawgold29:
haba... Bros this your English hennn.. If i get money eehn.. Na to help you go back to school sure pass

All of you quoting me know that its only a typo, lol... Nigerians... Are you not meant to correct me instead of lambasting....

But the error too much shaa.... grin grin

RealLordZeus:

Bro free the guy ooo, autocorrect can damage person sometimes, back to the topic, OP, are you sure that machine was made by the students
better person

17 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Kamamchukwu(m): 8:16am On Jun 01, 2017
IhatesIGBOS:
Go and tell Kanu to create one for the 5% people of Nigeria
that It Is Being Launched By Futa Doesnt Mean That It Was Produced By Futa That Thing You See There Is Just A Publicity Stunt To Siphon Fund Go To Aba Or Nnewi And See What Skilled Artisans Are Doing With Their Hands Not Some Overpriced Cubesat Which Will Add Nothing To The Economy Of The Country Instead Of The Rogue Management Of The School To Encourage Their Students To Be Creative They Are Busy Buy And Not Creating A Satellite I Am Very Sure That There Are A Million And One Research Projects That Those Funds Could Have Been Used To Fund But Instead It Was Squandered Hmmm I Pity The Afonja Populace Because They Know Not What They Are Doing SENSELESSAFONJAS#

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin

How much is this costing us?

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by purplekayc(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Pics!?
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Ezedon(m): 8:30am On Jun 01, 2017
Good news of the new month
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Empress2014(f): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
smiley
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by olusledge: 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
please who has d YouTube link
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by jidon5(m): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2017
Check Out This Two Sisters Disturbing Social Media With Big Watermelons & Mouth Watering Butt (Photos)

See >> http://www.wapextra.com.ng/two-sisters-disturbing-social-media-with-big-watermelons/
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by PIPPROF(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:

21 savage spotted sad
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by favourmic(m): 8:32am On Jun 01, 2017
how about the maintenance?
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
Nice

Even better.....it should have launched from Akure itself!
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Wolexpoly: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
HABA! NIGERIANS...APPRECIATE YOU TALENTS FOR ONCE....AM SURENIF IT WAS AN AMERICAN TECHNOLOGY YOU GUYS WOULD BE APPLAUDING...AND THATBIS WHY WE ARE STILL BACKWARD. THIS YOUNG LADS NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT. FUTA FOLKS....THUMBS UP TO YOU...MORE GREEZE TO YOUR ELBOWS.

3 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ipodstinks: 8:33am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
Correct him instead. You aren't perfect too.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 01, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
that It Is Being Launched By Futa Doesnt Mean That It Was Produced By Futa That Thing You See There Is Just A Publicity Stunt To Siphon Fund Go To Aba Or Nnewi And See What Skilled Artisans Are Doing With Their Hands Not Some Overpriced Cubesat Which Will Add Nothing To The Economy Of The Country Instead Of The Rogue Management Of The School To Encourage Their Students To Be Creative They Are Busy Buy And Not Creating A Satellite I Am Very Sure That There Are A Million And One Research Projects That Those Funds Could Have Been Used To Fund But Instead It Was Squandered Hmmm I Pity The Afonja Populace Because They Know Not What They Are Doing SENSELESSAFONJAS#

Kai....see how tribalisim has broken some people's brains.

Look...so because it was made in a university in the South West....a FEDERAL university...not a South Western University....it must be fake.?

You better emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Abeg...leave that tribalism thing.

17 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by mr2kay(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Smh una sure say this thing go fly commot from Naija so?

Guys hit me up today for your website development.Payment can be made after I deliver your project.Thanks contacts in the signature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mo Fayose Bags Vice Chancellor's Medal Award From UK University(photos) / 200Level LASU Female Student Dies After Party / ASUU ‘Thinking Of Another Strike’ - See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.