Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today (27383 Views)

12ft Python Killed In FUTA (Photos) / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by cyberdurable(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
Kudos to FUTA, but are sure futarians were involved? Because that's the very essence of using a university i.e esucating the students.

You are to be blamed if this mission isn't successful angry

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Naijaguy12345(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2017
We lead, they follow
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by whitebeard(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
haba... Bros this your English hennn.. If i get money eehn.. Na to help you go back to school sure pass
no no he go talk say nah auto correct..!!?
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by adegeye38(m): 8:36am On Jun 01, 2017
I rep Akure
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by UjSizzle(f): 8:37am On Jun 01, 2017
ademega:

This is the real missile lunch...
Hope you enjoyed the meal undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:37am On Jun 01, 2017
samtee37:
Futa satellite?...
You must be kidding me.. .... Futa was just fortunate to participate in the making....... . Biko

Afonja no dey brag, greatness is in the DNA.
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by akpesir67(m): 8:37am On Jun 01, 2017
time & venue pls grin
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by whitebeard(m): 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
that It Is Being Launched By Futa Doesnt Mean That It Was Produced By Futa That Thing You See There Is Just A Publicity Stunt To Siphon Fund Go To Aba Or Nnewi And See What Skilled Artisans Are Doing With Their Hands Not Some Overpriced Cubesat Which Will Add Nothing To The Economy Of The Country Instead Of The Rogue Management Of The School To Encourage Their Students To Be Creative They Are Busy Buy And Not Creating A Satellite I Am Very Sure That There Are A Million And One Research Projects That Those Funds Could Have Been Used To Fund But Instead It Was Squandered Hmmm I Pity The Afonja Populace Because They Know Not What They Are Doing SENSELESSAFONJAS#
I know u chewed powder this morning, I can see the effect..!!

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ayindejimmy(m): 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
haba... Bros this your English hennn.. If i get money eehn.. Na to help you go back to school sure pass
That's a typo
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by dataking: 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
We keep deceiving ourselves in this country. Thats a cubesat that even high schools in the US launch yearly. Its just a way to encourage participation and interest in satellite technology. Its a normal small budget science project all over the world and am sure they would have siphoned millions of naira or even billions with this. Its a pity we are still backward and hype small achievements.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by samtee37(m): 8:38am On Jun 01, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Afonja no dey brag, greatness is in the DNA.

Bro... Am currently even a student of this great citadel of learning..... ... They topic is just misleading undecided
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Ojestas(m): 8:39am On Jun 01, 2017
ajoskele, whats the situation report over there? grin
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
Bros, you look at the rubbish you wrote up there.... You can as well do the needful... Nonsense..
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 01, 2017
samtee37:

Bro... Am currently even a student of this great citadel of learning..... ... They topic is just misleading undecided

Regardless!
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by dataking: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2017
This is how mediocre it is. Why the hype. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Am yoruba and a muslim. So dont come up with your tribal slurs

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by kondokondo: 8:42am On Jun 01, 2017
CarlosTheJackal:
If anything happens to that Satellite just know that you are the cause because this your English ..........

I have assessed it. It's just a typo!
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by dataking: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
dataking:
This is how mediocre it is. Why the hype. Lets stop deceiving ourselves. Am yoruba and a muslim. So dont come up with your tribal slurs
Thats the image of a cubesat
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by passionatebae: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:

Lol...
Bros abeg... I no fit laugh.
#End point of using Chinko fones#
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
ArcFresky:
Kudos to FUTA, but are we sure futarians were involved? Because that's the very essence of using a university i.e educating the students.

1. From the article...

“The Nigerian CubeSat is designed, built and owned by The Federal University of Technology, Akure in collaboration with the National Space Research and Development Agency, Nigeria, and the Kyushu Institute of Technology Japan. Mr. Ibukun Adebolu of FUTA’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is the representative of Nigeria on the project. It is the first ever university satellite to be launched in Nigeria.

2.A university also exists for the conducting and execution of research....either by itself, or in collaboration with others...

The Federal University of Technology, Akure will ceaselessly promote technological advancement through motivated and skilled staff dedicated to teaching and research, geared towards global needs and production of self-reliant high level manpower, goods and services

Quote: FUTA bulletin vol 13 . Feb 2011

2 Likes

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Stevengerd(m): 8:43am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:
U persin wey the correct anoda fellow. u nid to be taught spelling. Ehn! Or Knw is hennn..
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Zane2point4(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:

You didnt notice its was pure typo? You speak pass him?
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Codyt(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2017
samtee37:
Futa satellite?...
You must be kidding me.. .... Futa was just fortunate to participate in the making....... . Biko
You took words right out of my mouth!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Franzinni: 8:47am On Jun 01, 2017
Bravo
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Skipuru(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
Rawgold29:

How much English don credit your bank account?

You guys work online is to be checking someone English and you forgot with all your grammars, still you no com get money all na wash.
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by ayindejimmy(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
that It Is Being Launched By Futa Doesnt Mean That It Was Produced By Futa That Thing You See There Is Just A Publicity Stunt To Siphon Fund Go To Aba Or Nnewi And See What Skilled Artisans Are Doing With Their Hands Not Some Overpriced Cubesat Which Will Add Nothing To The Economy Of The Country Instead Of The Rogue Management Of The School To Encourage Their Students To Be Creative They Are Busy Buy And Not Creating A Satellite I Am Very Sure That There Are A Million And One Research Projects That Those Funds Could Have Been Used To Fund But Instead It Was Squandered Hmmm I Pity The Afonja Populace Because They Know Not What They Are Doing SENSELESSAFONJAS#

nurex01:

The statement read in part, “The Nigerian CubeSat is designed, built and owned by The Federal University of Technology, Akure in collaboration with the National Space Research and Development Agency, Nigeria, and the Kyushu Institute of Technology Japan. Mr. Ibukun Adebolu of FUTA’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is the representative of Nigeria on the project. It is the first ever university satellite to be launched in Nigeria.

http://punchng.com/futa-satellite-flies-into-space-in-us-today/

When there's no source, you'll ask for source
If there's source, you'll claim it's a publicity stunt.
I know you're only dissapointed it's not from the East

1 Like

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by vantage001: 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
Which curriculum in FUTA supports Rocket production? Or is it not the same COREN that is in charge of engineering in Nigeria?
My guess is SPACE-X the US space company is looking for new markets.
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Holyfield1(m): 8:48am On Jun 01, 2017
ademega:

This is the real missile lunch...
What of breakfast and dinner?
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Codyt(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2017
9jakohai:

1. From the article...

2.A university also exists for the conducting and execution of research....either by itself, or in collaboration with others...

Quote: FUTA bulletin vol 13 . Feb 2011
You get time... Aswear tongue

Lemme just be looking

Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by lovethchioma(f): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2017
Cool..
Re: FUTA Satellite Flies Into Space In US Today by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 01, 2017
dataking:

This is the Sputnik 1 satellite...launched in the late 1950;s

This is a Kosmos satellite (Kosmos 782) launched in 1975 for biomendical research by the same country that launched Sputnik.

Start small....grow big.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mapoly Result Is Out: / Mo Fayose Bags Vice Chancellor's Medal Award From UK University(photos) / 200Level LASU Female Student Dies After Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.