Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities (718 Views)

#assurance2019: Excitement And Praises As Hon Omosede Empowers Women From Ovia F / Surviving Biafra : The Soldiers Were Taking Girls, Like Boko Haram. / BIAFRA: The Wind Of Biafra Blows In Agatu, Idoma Land- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by ourwale: 10:16am On Jun 01, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by ourwale: 2:14pm On Jun 01, 2017
Its all about Newton's 3rd law.
Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by ExpiredNigeria: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Insightful.. However, the earlier the better, if this clamoring for independent State of Biafra didn't end with Ojukwu and the Nigerian/Biafran civil war and, had to resurface again I think its the time to settle it once and for all.

If Biafra happens to come today unless the West decide not to have bilateral relations with Biafra, Biafra will become the 17th West African country and a member of The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) which allow them to live and work peacefully anywhere they are in West Africa, just like other nations of the world all they'd need is their legal documents and abide by the rules and regulation of the country.

Let this not be one sided, Lagos wasn't a business domain for the Igbos from time immemorial, anywhere else can be, we're not talking about us now because we're already in it, we're thinking about our children who would come tomorrow and still be clamoring for same equality our fathers wanted but didn't get which gave birth to Biafra agitation when it was the last resort, that's what we're talking because they will read history, we're the one who accepted the one Nigeria wholeheartedly and went all out to expand our businesses across coasts and oceans everywhere in Nigeria, we trusted that Nigeria would fix whatever discord but, it didn't happen..

Truth is, its not about just Biafran its about everything that is wrong with Nigeria. Nigeria is not working for more than 80% of the people living here and Igbos are not even the worst hit despite the marginalization because we're doing better in our individual capacity, just that I'm not comfortable being on same spot for a long time of effort to go ahead, you have to look for what the problem is and try to solve it, after 103 of the amalgamation that brought this whole problem and 57 years of independence where are we as a nation in the international community? Nations are moving forward but we're on the reverse gear, in this case the problem actually is the government of the day, not a Yoruba fellow calling me Igbo or Igbo calling you Afonja because afterall we two are going through same shit..

So lets fix this, let everyone define himself and get back to the root in time because its getting late already.

So talking about Losses and gains, of sure, we'll loose some and gain more, we don't have to be selfish about today and sell the future of even greater Biafran unborn because of one mighty mall or mansion I have in Lagos/Abuja. If Biafra come today and the Lagos seizes our properties I think that's the last time Biafra would ever loose anything to anyone as a result of this forceful marriage that only Cabals from every region of this country including my South East are enjoying.., because there won't be another agitation for independent from Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by Xway(m): 2:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
ExpiredNigeria:
Let me read first
Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by ourwale: 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
@Expirednigeria.....Thanks for the insight
Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by niceprof: 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
Let me correct some wrong notions you raised:

If Biafra secedes,it becomes the 16th or 17th member nation in ECOWAS and this means that there is free movement of goods and services and no body is mandated to leave his or her business simply because a new nation is born,the only thing you need is your "papers" though this is not a restriction in ECOWAS again.

People should learn to distinguish between what happened in 1967 and a referendum being demanded this time around.

1 Like

Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by HiddenShadow: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
Trash
Our minds are made up
Restructuring or Disintegration

1 Like

Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by ourwale: 5:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
@niceprof can you kindly explain that the more?
Re: Biafra : The Vision The Excitement And The Realities by DerideGull(m): 5:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
ourwale:

The desire of the Ibos,as stated by Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB to part ways with Nigeria interests me for several reasons. After all The Ibos have since the civil war lived by mending with the Nigerian state. Lives were lost. Rich people became average and poor while loss of properties was also colossal. This is not to mention the imminent losses they suffered with other southerners in the northern part of this country.
First, The Ibo people of south eastern people are undeniably the most entrepreneurial people on the west African coast. They stick to the age-long native business school of one-on-one mentoring and in 6 years of learning under an “oga” or boss, an apprentice is released with funding by the same oga to go into the business world and prosper without rivalry. That is not something easy for the people from my own part of this country. This is an economically liberating culture that needs no government to work!

The old Map of Nigeria. The South-south today today is not willing to secede with the Biafraian state!

Second, the drive of the Ibo businessman for sales, new market, international business and expansion is limitless. In the world of business, his drive for sales and new markets compels innovation so forcefully that the Ibo man is always expanding his business. He will start that business in just one shop but in 10 short years, he has bought the mall! He will strike deals with Chinese entrepreneurs to make same products right in Aba. Have you ever thought of it that if Biafra was a republic, Innosson will be an official vehicle there? You may have a second thought before importing clothes to Aba.

While Nigeria continues to dwell on crude oil like oxygen, the ibos have several non-oil related businesses. While the yorubas are unable to regenerate her lead business men like Nathaniel idowu, Amos Adegoke, Lekan Salami, Jimoh odutola and Theophilus Adediran, the igbos are already the ones paying 60% of Lagos tax. Anambra and Abia continues to lead in the senior school certificate examinations. While cocoa processing is almost completely dead in the southwest and the groundnuts of Kano are no more forming pillars, Aba and Onitsha continues to deepen in manufacturing and trade. The number of Ibo academics in Europe and the USA is also extremely notable. A coalition of them can form a think tank for a new nation.

This desired emergence is also supported by the international law that believes that you cannot force people to live together. If some set of people feels they do not want to stay with a particular set of people, they should have the opportunity of a referendum to stay away. The Ibos are not asking for any oil that is not on their own soil. They are not asking for any body’s cocoa, steel or groundnuts. They are asking to just be on their own and do their things their way!

However there are many other variables that the Ibo man must consider before secession. The first thing I ask is if there is ever a referendum conducted by Ibos that informed the decision. I do not see Ibos willing to leave Lagos and Port Harcourt in the nearest future. Ibos got so deep in Lagos to the point that, today you need to consider them to win governorship elections in that state. Infact, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu started the idea of appointing Ibo commissioners in Lagos. As a result, I believe so strongly that the Ibos that are clamouring for Biafra may be different from these Lagos entrepreneurs.

Second, if Biafra succeeds, Ibos should not expect a patting at the back from her old Nigerian neighbours should the wish ever come to past. The entrepreneurial spirit that makes the Ibo man work hard at expanding his business also may not be highly celebrated by other new republics. Expect the Yoruba to enact laws that will produce newer Adenugas and Otudekos. This possible legal and forceful exodus of the Ibo man from Lagos, southwest and other parts of Nigeria will be modeled and considered as new business opportunities in markets they once conquered. And whatever Lagos does, All southwest states will copy! Please keep in mind that Lagos will not feel this much as the population of Lagos is led by Ogun state indigenes. The population of Ogun state indigenes is higher than that of indigenous Lagosians. The population of southwesterners in Lagos is more than that of the 5 million Ibos in Lagos.

Please forget about intermarriage. Staying together as one is what promotes today’s benefits with its attendant consequences. Secession has its own too. Intermarriage has never stopped secession anywhere.

The Ibo man in his ever evolving spirit will end up finding new markets even though that may not be in the nearest decade. He may still have some losses too as the choicest of her Lagos and Port Harcourt properties may be sold at flat prices. There are few cities outside North Africa that consumes in a week what Lagos consumes in a day! Ibos will miss that!
`
Within the republic of Biafra, The Ibos may be compelled to learn how to accept new peoples. The idea of families refusing to sell lands to specific tribes in some parts of the east will have to stop. Large populations are needed for businesses to succeed and large populations are needed to grow large consumptions, manufacturing and sales. Trying to argue that the position of Ibo businessmen does not matter in this secession wish will be a toxic lie.

Reality is on the streets.

I do not think the Ibo businessman wants what the Ibo politician wants. I don’t think so.

http://instreaminnigeria..com.ng/2016/11/biafra-vision-reality-and-excitement.html?m=1

How many times have Nigerians tell indigenes of Republic of Benin not to cross the border? Are Nigerians really this slow?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

*****biafran Babies..born On 30th Remembrance Day Pics / Hamburger's Wife, Daughter Arrive From Dublin For Burial / 93-yrs-old Mugabe Still Eyes Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.