Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Whose Worship Does God Accept? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whose Worship Does God Accept? (1525 Views)

Does God Favor Some People Over Others? / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? / How Does God Talk to People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Worship Does God Accept? by segoye2(m): 12:11pm On Jan 31, 2007
Have you ever wondered, whose worship does God accept? A certain woman may have had such a question come to her mond when she spoke with Jesus Christ near Mount Gerizim in Samaria. Calling attention to a difference between the worship of the Samaritans and that of the Jews, she said: " Our forefathers worshiped in this mountain; but you people say that in Jerusalem is the place where persons ought to worship." Jn. 4 vs 20

Did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that Gd accepts all worship? or did he saw that specific things are required to please God?

Whose worship does God accept? the Islam, Christian, Jewish, Buddaism, e.t.c. ?
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by Alexos(m): 8:52am On Feb 01, 2007
As long as you worship God with the sincererity and the humilty of your mind, God will accept it.
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by lafile(m): 10:21am On Feb 01, 2007
Alexos:

As long as you worship God with the sincererity and the humilty of your mind, God will accept it.

Are u sure? Do u mean whatever mode of worship (idols, yoga etc) u use God will accept it as long as its in sincerity?
Have u actually asked God how HE wants to be worshipped?
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by segoye2(m): 10:23am On Feb 01, 2007
@ Alexos,

You are saying all worship? can you mention few please?
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by segoye2(m): 10:25am On Feb 01, 2007
@ Lafile,

Great comment!. Can you tell us or share more light to your comment on how God wants to be worshipped?
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by lafile(m): 11:04am On Feb 01, 2007
John 4:23,24: But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.God is a Spirit: and they that worship him [b]must worship him in spirit and in truth.[/b]

The Only way to worship God is in Spirit and Truth.

To worship God in Spirit, You have to be of the same Spirit with Him. Man died spiritually when He sinned in Eden, Making Him Captive to the law of Sin and Death.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Rom 8:1,2 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by okahewere(m): 12:08pm On Feb 01, 2007
well the worship God regards is the worship that comes from the HEART through JESUS.
Jesus said this in john 4 to the Samaritan woman 'the hour has come, and now is it for the true worshipers to worship in spirit and in truth'
And this is it!
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by Alexos(m): 1:42pm On Feb 01, 2007
Probably i didnt put my statement clearly,

When u take a good look at different men, women and prophets of God in the Bible, you find out they did carry out their mode of worship differently, but there is a buttom line-they where all worshipping the one and only MOST HIGH GOD, and strictly following his rules to the letter.

lafile:

Are u sure? Do u mean whatever mode of worship (idols, yoga etc) u use God will accept it as long as its in sincerity?
Have u actually asked God how HE wants to be worshipped?

WHy would u say Idol or watever, when u know quite well that God is a jealous God, and he wants to be worshiped alone. Except the God segoye2 id talking about is a different god.

So when I said-sincererity and humility of mind, I mean you have to serve the Lord with all your heart and soul, not leaving anything behind.one has to be sincere in his worship

Dont quote me wrong please,
Re: Whose Worship Does God Accept? by lafile(m): 9:30am On Feb 02, 2007
@Alexos

I wasn't trying to misquote you. I just wanted you to make your earlier statement clearer, so you will not be misunderstood. Which is what you did. Remember not everybody on this forum is a christian. Cheers!

(1) (Reply)

What Did Christ Mean In Matthew 19:4 When He Said: / Scientists, Military Men, People From Other Faiths Become Catholic Priests. / William Lane Craig Admits That The 'trinity' Is Not Found In The Old Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.