Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,737 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu (4075 Views)

Babatunde Gbadamosi: Let Us Break Nigeria If North Retains Power In 2023 / Buhari’s 2nd Term Will Consume Tinubu, Break Nigeria – Iyorchia Ayu / Nigeria’s Breakup Is Inevitable – Senator Okurounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Gistpeeps: 12:23pm On Jun 01, 2017
A leader of the pan Yoruba socio political organisation, Afenifere, Senator Femi Okurounmu, has warned that if the North remains resistant to restructuring of Nigeria, they will force it on them or break the country into two.

Okurounmu gave the warning while reacting to a statement credited to the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, saying Nigeria cannot be restructured now until the constitution is amended.

Speaking with The Sun, Okurounmu, “I am not surprised by the statement of the AGF that the north will not support restructuring. The north does not want the status quo to change.

“They have always seen themselves as the only people fit to rule Nigeria. Anyway, we did not expect them to say otherwise; we must now force them.

“The people supporting restructuring are in the majority, hence, the minority cannot override us. And if they don’t want, we can then break Nigeria into two.

“They can go their own and we go on our way. That is the solution. We should stop asking them but force it on them, whether they want it or not.”

http://www.gistpeeps.com/2017/06/why-we-will-break-nigeria-into-two.html?m=1

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by YOUNGrapha(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
THIS MUMUNISED AFONJASTIC COWARDICED ODUDUWA DESCENDANT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH BIAFRA.........BECAUSE NNAMDI KALU HAS PAID THE PRICE BY STAYING IN KUJE FOR MONTHS.........PLS WE DNT WANT AMALA CONE HEAD IN OUR BIAFRA MAKE UNA GO JOIN AREWA REPUBLIC

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by EvilMetahuman: 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
2 ke?
Its going to be 3 or more.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Point of correction Sir, the division of Nigeria would be into more than two component

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by nwadiuko1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
4 or more countries na

3 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Beremx(f): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
Break Nigeria into two ke? Mbanu!

Nigeria should be broken into 20 countries! Or more sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Kaymercury(m): 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2017
its getting more and more interesting day by day
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by DozieInc(m): 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
Restructure or Referendum.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by kingzizzy: 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
Yorubas know how to waste peoples time. They know that the North will not agree to restructuring. Everybody knows that Yorubas do not want Nigeria to break up. So they are going to trumpet restrcturing for a while and do what they are best known for, become the beautiful bride of the North.

When Yorubas talk about restructuring, I dont take them serious

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
Beremx:
Break Nigeria into two ke? Mbanu!

Nigeria should be broken into 20 countries! Or more sef.
Of course. After all, out of the defunct Union of Soviet Sociaist Republics we now have Russia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova, Turkeministan, Uzbekistan, Kazakstan, Krygstan, Tajikistan, Azerbaijan etc. So it would not be bad if Nigeria, for the sake of peace, and for the avoidance of future conflict and bloodletting, is balkanized into multiple part

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
well, this ur arrogant attitude wont take you anywhere woh
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2017
The truth is that most nairalanders are not decision makers. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
kingzizzy:
Yorubas know how to waste peoples time. They know that the North will not agree to restructuring. Everybody knows that Yorubas do not want Nigeria to break up. So they are going to trumpet restrcturing for a while and do what they are best known for, become the beautiful bride of the North.

When Yorubas talk about restructuring, I dont take them serious
In 1949, Obafemi Awolowo wrote a book tittled 'Pathway to Nigeria's Freedom' in that book he argued that an independent Nigeria should be structured into a very loose federation whereby all ethnic nationalities contained therein would be able to determine their own political, economic, and social affairs without undue interference from others. Guess who was against this noble suggestion? An ibo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe !! It was this same Azikiwe, insisting on one Nigeria, formed an alliance with the Northern Peoples Congress to make up the coalition government of the first Republic with Tafawa Balewa.

That epithet 'Beautiful bride of the North' was used by Alhaji Shehu Shagari as a slur against Namndi Azikiwe and his ibo people.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by BuariCopyPaste: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
When an Afonja tells me to relax that all is well, I will jejely scamper for safety

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by omenkaLives(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2017
Two comprising where and where? If Nigeria is to be split, God forbid that i share the same geographical space with those illiterate scoundrels the second time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by deedeedee1: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria will not break into two. Laye laye, kolejo!!! Unless the man means hausa and igbos for biafra and oodua for yoruba. Else, he is saying nonsense. Yoruba will have a separate country alone without a single minority.
We dont want them to disturb us with marginalization cries.
Awon omo odua ise ya!!!

5 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by deedeedee1: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
Nigeria cannot be restructured. Infact i prefer this structure to regionalism because regionalism will fail woefully. There will be envy among regions. If you ask awolowo today, he will resist it.
Let us split once and for all and forget we ever knew nigeria existed.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Kemperor: 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2017
I am here to observe the reactions of the afonjas...

Afonjas what do you all have to say to your prominent brother who made that statement?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Musiwa419: 1:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
THIS MUMUNISED AFONJASTIC COWARDICED ODUDUWA DESCENDANT WANT TO ASSOCIATE WITH BIAFRA.........BECAUSE NNAMDI KALU HAS PAID THE PRICE BY STAYING IN KUJE FOR MONTHS.........PLS WE DNT WANT AMALA CONE HEAD IN OUR BIAFRA MAKE UNA GO JOIN AREWA REPUBLIC
osu ibo, how many yoruba do you see in your erosion ravaged, landlocked, redmuded, gulley devastated land? You ibo dregs are undesirables. Be gone already

16 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
Two comprising where and where? If Nigeria is to be split, God forbid that i share the same geographical space with those illiterate scoundrels the second time.
Fulani has taken over Benue and you are calling them illiterate scoundrels grin

If Nigeria is broken into two you will be stateless and maybee SSomalia might take you in as a refugee

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by omoharry(f): 1:21pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Point of correction Sir, the division of Nigeria would be into more than two component
Divide into two first then biafra can now separate if they don't want to remain in the south...but without the north and true federalism in place..then those agitating for their own country might be doing it out of old grudges they have toward the other tribe.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by bakynes(m): 1:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
The truth is that you can't compare the Soviet Union that splitted into several countries because they were very big,Nigeria is not as big as the Soviet Union.

Best bet is Regionalism and resource control or North and South Nigeria go their separate ways and I don't know if Yorubas and Igbos will see eye to eye on that.

At least, I know the entire South are religious tolerant and literate enough to live together.

If you balkanize Nigeria into 3 or more separate countries the power we wield today we not be there anymore. We will end up like small countries in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by GrandGarcon: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
In 1949, Obafemi Awolowo wrote a book tittled 'Pathway to Nigeria's Freedom' in that book he argued that an independent Nigeria should be structured into a very loose federation whereby all ethnic nationalities contained therein would be able to determine their own political, economic, and social affairs without undue interference from others. Guess who was against this noble suggestion? An ibo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe !! It was this same Azikiwe, insisting on one Nigeria, formed an alliance with the Northern Peoples Congress to make up the coalition government of the first Republic with Tafawa Balewa.

That epithet 'Beautiful bride of the North' was used by Alhaji Shehu Shagari as a slur against Namndi Azikiwe and his ibo people.
Nnamdi azikiwe is not a hero in our land so don't call him, we even wish he never existed. BTW this thing you wrote here is not how it happened.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by Jabioro: 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

The pathetic members of IPOB have know idea of history but good at propaganda..

7 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by afonjadie: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
Afonja which one is break the country into 2 again, Biafra is Biafra and not Biafonja so please stay on your own and create your Odudusha republic in the wasteland state. grin

Now I am beginning to see sense in calling you Abule slum dwellers and water front developers, unity beggars. grin now it is clear to see that Afonja can't stand on their own.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by TheFreeOne: 1:33pm On Jun 01, 2017
Two is good but many(regions) is better.

Let everyone bear his father's name.

A one Nigeria can never work cos differences are too glaring and we'll only be going in circles with no tangible development aside greedy elitist establishment scamming the populace as usual.
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by 7lives: 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2017
omoharry:
Divide into two first then biafra can now separate if they don't want to remain in the south...but without the north and true federalism in place..then those agitating for their own country might be doing it out of old grudges they have toward the other tribe.

Says who, break this country into many pieces let like minds come together to form a country.
I want an only Yoruba country, I don't want any stone HENGER to accuse me of marginalisation just because he cannot match my intellectual prowess.

7 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by EvilMetahuman: 1:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
bakynes:
The truth is that you can't compare the Soviet Union that splitted into several countries because they were very big,Nigeria is not as big as the Soviet Union.

Best bet is Regionalism and resource control or North and South Nigeria go their separate ways and I don't know if Yorubas and Igbos will see eye to eye on that.

At least, I know the entire South are religious tolerant and literate enough to live together.

If you balkanize Nigeria into 3 or more separate countries the power we yield today we not be there anymore. We will end up like small countries in Africa.
and what happens to having a small country devoid of hatred and violence?

Size doesn't matter when it comes to influence and power.

I prefer to live in a peaceful small country than this current nigeria, With boko haram up north and cannibalistic drug people to the east.

whenever I travelled out of the country, someone will separate me to check if I'm not carrying bombs or drugs.

Why would I wanna continue with that when the country breaks?

1 Like

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by BabaRamota1980: 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
2 ke?

Its going to be 3 or more.

Thank you jare!
Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by BabaRamota1980: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
7lives:

Says who, break this country into many pieces let like minds come together to form a country.
I want an only Yoruba country, I don't want any stone HENGER to accuse me of marginalisation just because he cannot match my intellectual prowess.

Ose o!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Will Break Nigeria Into Two – Afenifere Leader, Okurounmu by BabaRamota1980: 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2017
omoharry:

Noo....cut it off properly the first time it is done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Sets Twitter On Fire With This Outfit ( Pictured) / Buhari Identifies Pathway For Enduring Democracy In Chad / President Elect Bola Tinubu Arrives In Lagos Welcome Like President(photos,video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.