Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. (46868 Views)

Footballer Who Played 90 Minutes Without Touching The Ball / Cute Photos Of Cristiano Ronaldo With His Children / Sporting CP To Rename Stadium CR7 In Honor Of Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Iyke216(m): 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
Cristiano Ronaldo has given his old friend and former football teammate, Albert Fantrau a special recognition publicly after recounting how he sacrificed his own football career so that he(Ronaldo) could become a global football icon today.

The ultimate sacrifice made by one man named Albert Fantrau sealed his fate for the rest of his life and guaranteed him a meal ticket. The man happens to be an old friend of Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo.

Moments after Real Madrid Football Club won their 10th UEFA Champions League trophy in 2014, the global audience and thousands of football fans at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon were taken by surprise when Cristiano Ronaldo abandoned the team's celebration and ran to a section of the stand to pull out a man from the crowd and hug him affectionately.

The action was a public confession by Ronaldo to honour his childhood clubmate who 'sacrificed himself’ and allowed the Portuguese star to become a global icon today. Ronaldo said in an interview he granted some years ago that he and his friend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.

“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that, Whoever scores more goals will come into our academy.”

"We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us. Albert was one-on-one against the goalkeeper, he rounded the goalkeeper and I was running in front of him.

“All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and I scored the third goal, so I got that spot and went to the academy.

“After the match I went to him and asked him why? Albert said that “Because you (Ronaldo) are better than me.”

Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes. He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and
now is unemployed. “But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You are unemployed,yet you own a mansion,drive expensive cars. From where
did all these come from? ‘

Albert more proudly replied: “It is from Ronaldo!”The house,the cars e.t.c are gifts from Cristiano Ronaldo

This explains why Ronaldo had to single him out of the crowd to share in his celebration.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by divinehand2003(m): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
This is a peculiar story

1 Like

Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by oloriooko(m): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2017
Stale story but always touchy and with great lessons.
The big step was taken by Albert but the greater step was taken by Ronaldo who despite the huge success never forgot his friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Najyin(m): 5:06pm On Jun 01, 2017
That's very good of him. Ko gbagbe oloore.
Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Iyke216(m): 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
oloriooko:
Stale story but always touchy and with great lessons.
The big step was taken by Albert but the greater step was taken by Ronaldo who despite the huge success never forgot his friend.

Yeah you are right bro.Ronaldo took the greater step.The very first time he mentioned Albert fantrau's name was when he dedicated one of his award to him...after the ceremony, journalists approached ronaldo and asked "Who is albert fantrau and who is he to you?"... Bro,naso the story start ooo
Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Iyke216(m): 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2017
Najyin:
That's very good of him. Ko gbagbe oloore.

Yeah bro.He is a nice guy no doubt
Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by dhayor58(m): 7:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
this hoax again

1 Like

Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by deedeemob(m): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Hey guy i was there, we grew up together!
dhayor58:

this hoax again
Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by cr7lomo: 5:08am On Apr 13, 2020
God will keep on making this guy reach new heights cos he has a heart of gold ... If na black man...e no go pass give u...the one wey cone de successful go still forget u join.... He will rather give u endless promises and treat u like his messenger whenever he is in the country

1 Like

Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Ascend2662: 6:18am On Apr 13, 2020
Such thing's don't happen� in this country
Re: So Touching!!the Story Of Cristiano Ronaldo And Albert Fantrau. by Cruzzyweb1: 6:36am On Apr 13, 2020
Nice but old story though

(1) (Reply)

Franck Ribery And Arjen Robben In Tears At Final Game In Bayern Munich / Mikel Obi’s Twin Daughters In Their Convertible / Ernest Okonkwo: Nigeria's Best Football Commentator Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.