Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,962 members, 7,810,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

My Experience With Policemen - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Policemen (588 Views)

Civil Defense Officer Fights With Policemen Over Rifle(video) / Kidnapper Killed After Gun Battle With Policemen, Abducted Woman Rescued. Photo / Man Narrates His Horrible Experience With Policemen In Sapele (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Policemen by Uzr1(m): 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2017
My experience with Police Men.
I just drove out from mega chicken (Near apple junction) in festac, when a police hilux just stopped me in the middle of the road. Saying a committed an offence, which was, i was driving without seat belt. So one of the police men entered my car and said i should follow their hilux, wherever they go.
I thought we were going to the police station at Festac, but to my greatest surprise, they took me to Lastma office at Maza Maza. He asked of my papers and i told him which paper? I thought you stopped me for seat belt? He got angry and said i should drive on. On our arrival, one of the police officer demanded for my drivers' license, car document etc, which i provided at the spot.
Another officer came to meet me and said i should shake body or they will book me and issue me a ticket, in the lastma office. i eventually parked my car in lastma's compound and my tire was deflated by a vulcanizer. The police officers left me there and went out to continue their duty. Meanwhile, the police men handed me over to the vulcanizer, instead of a Lastma official. So, i was left with the vulcanizer, to settle issues.
The vulcanizer who said he was the CSO of the compound, said i should pay N10,000 if i want my car out of the lastma premises. i pleaded under the Hot sun with N700 for over 3 hours, before he released my car around 6pm, because it was getting late.
I didn't see the police men again since they left. i wasn't even introduced or handed over to any Lastma official.
Find attached the police officer in the car with me, he was angry and didnt want to talk again because of the questions i asked him. His first name (Akano) wasn't clear enough for me, but the second name is JOHN, am very sure of that.
My questions are:
Do our Nigeria Police officers have the right to check seat belts on our local roads?
Do they also have the right to take anybody to Lastma office, and not handing them to the appropriate officer in charge?
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Uzr1(m): 11:53pm On Jun 01, 2017
i cant upload the video due to some reasons i dont know. so i decided to snap shot some of d video.

Re: My Experience With Policemen by Ncsamuel(m): 11:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
Lol.Oga you ve just been robbed of ur money. Nxt tym u shuld outsmart those robbers. Immediately that idiot enterred ur car, just park ur car and cause a scene, if and only if there is just one policeman at the beginning
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Uzr1(m): 12:01am On Jun 02, 2017
There were up to 7, including the driver...though N700 is not big, but i want them to stop this act immediately...
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Ncsamuel(m): 12:08am On Jun 02, 2017
Or u can simply use the logic i use, when those idiots stopped me to check my bag and phone(i wonder if he kept something there) i ll be lyk ''oga, u stop me yesterday, monday, lastweek tuesday and today again!, wetin una dey find sef for my bag and my phone, una dey find bomb?!. When you accuse someone of being a thief codedly, im go behave.
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Ncsamuel(m): 12:11am On Jun 02, 2017
They cant stopped it! They just wanted ur money by seeing the car u drive and mayb u looked very calm and innocent, if not, why dont they try it with danfo or molue drivers? Mad ppl
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Tolzeal(m): 1:08am On Jun 02, 2017
All these folks want is money... Day light robbers ..Mtschew lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience With Policemen by icedfire(m): 9:09am On Jun 02, 2017
Painfully, they are all the same . Even their oga's at the top are the same
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Skyfornia(m): 9:36am On Jun 02, 2017
But oga driver why you nor put your seatbelt?
There are traffic and road laws that's expected from any eligible driver, some guys keep breaking those laws and when they are apprehended they start crying foul.
Re: My Experience With Policemen by Uzr1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2017
I admitted and told them to issue me ticket which they refused.... that they are the one that caught me, they need the money...
I just don't wanna type everything that happen that day... it's too long

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Teen Arrested For Imprisoning His Professor In The U.S / See How Many Students Were Flogged For Coming Late To School On Friday / Police Detain, Starve 7-month Pregnant Woman Over N50 In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.