Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,588 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] (4700 Views)

Seun Kuti Poses Nude (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh Undergoes Cosmetic Surgery, Says She Has Been Ashamed Of Her Body / Angela Uyi: Charly Boy's Nudes Sent To Me, I'm Ashamed Of OurMumuDondo Pioneer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by ontiah: 6:44am On Jun 03, 2017
Watch as Seun Kuti say It Is A Shame For Ooni Of Ife To Say Jesus Is His Father -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJg6v1aNdQU

Son Of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and Afrobeat singer, Seun Kuti has slammed the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi for saying that Jesus Christ is his father, saying its a shame for the monarch to say such a thing like that.

Seun was referring to a recent event where the Ooni was at a church service in June and said he has a father and that Jesus is his father.

Is it right for a traditional ruler to worship the Living God?
DROP YOUR COMMENTS BELOW LETS HEAR FROM YOU.....

Watch more interesting videos covering Nigerian unheard news here;
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1pe6pZ2HcGGs4UNud2hqJ6BcNvw1aqxX
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by jojothegreat(m): 6:45am On Jun 03, 2017
Ok
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by snowlord(m): 6:47am On Jun 03, 2017
wu/wat is a seun kuti? n wat doz he/it do?

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Redman36(m): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2017
sharaaappppp.... he should have come to fela shrine to smoke hemp.

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by ANIEXTY(m): 6:54am On Jun 03, 2017
*Amazing fact*
Scientists have proven that "minding your own business can make you live longer"

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 03, 2017
Maryjane Tuale!!

So where should he worship Jesus then?

Shrine?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by rxgodwin(m): 6:56am On Jun 03, 2017
Haaa, this one is too strong. Must the Ooni b a pagan??

Even traditionally, haven't Seun Kuti heard,

JESUS IS THE KING OF KINGS AND THE LORD OF LORDS.

And that His Kingdom Reigns forever.

Abeg ooo, well. Thank God our God is a merciful God.
He is a God of second chance, slow to anger and quick to forgive.

Praise Master Jesus!!!

Like and share if you Believe.

12 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Paperwhite(m): 6:58am On Jun 03, 2017
This guy is really nut.There is freedom of worship/religion if you care to know. angry
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by blackmantis: 6:58am On Jun 03, 2017
I agree with Seun why did he become a traditional head and seat on a traditional stool the first place.

He should have chosen to be a Reverend instead.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by mroop(m): 7:01am On Jun 03, 2017
see this one
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 03, 2017
Seun spoke the truth. The ooni has subjected his stool to ridicule. Even allowing Adeboye to sit on his royal chair was sacrilegious and embarrassing. Seun, you're the only one ashamed. I'm also ashamed for the Ooni. I don't expect people devoid of common sense to agree with Seun or me. Only people who are able to look at things with an open mind devoid of any religion sentiment.

You embrace the white man god while you call yours idols. You use small letter for your own god while you use capital letter for the white man god.

If oyinbos came today and said Ifa or Amadioha is the way. Trust Nigerians and africans to dump Christianity and Islam asap and embrace Ifa.

Suffice to say 99% of blacks, especially Nigerians have deep inferiority complex..Neo colonialism has eroded their self esteem.

I was at the base of an oil company some weeks ago and I was shocked the way blacks are trying to speak like the oyinbos - Pretentious accent. Why try to speak like them? Why not the other way round since they're in Nigeria..If Nigerians could change their accent while in Nigeria, imagine what they would do if they traveled abroad or relocated abroad.

slave mentality..mtchew

9 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by ANIEXTY(m): 7:07am On Jun 03, 2017
settingz007:
So where should he worship Jesus?
AT the museum?
This one weak me !

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by whitebeard(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2017
Seun go and worship your daddy..the ooni has right to freedom of worship so gerrarahere...!!

Can u imagine when someone is jobless wat do u expect..!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by blackmantis: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2017
The rites associated with the crowning of the Ooni is not compatible with Christianity.

If you don't eat vulture don't use your teeth to share its meat.
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Oloriburukumods: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2017
Mr, dip ur hands into ur mama puna, smell it, thats how ur brain smells....
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by potent5(m): 7:27am On Jun 03, 2017
That throne is the embodiment of the culture and traditions of the the Yoruba people and whoever occupies it must be the custodian of these cultures and traditions. For the Ooni to be a true custodian of the cultures and traditions, he must project and protect all Yoruba practices, be they related to Sango, Ifa or other deities.

He can't be on that throne and be talking about Jesus, he can only do so after abdication of the throne. Anything thing to the contrary is tantamount to serving 2 masters at a time.
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by potent5(m): 7:31am On Jun 03, 2017
blackmantis:
The rites associated with the crowning of the Ooni is not compatible with Christianity.

If you don't eat vulture don't use your teeth to share its meat.
Exactly.
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by DaGC(m): 7:34am On Jun 03, 2017
I'm not Yoruba, but I think he's got a point. By right, the Ooni should be seen as a Yoruba deity with the duty of promoting Yoruba traditions and cultures.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by crazyABO(m): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2017
Was he expecting him to call FELA is father
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by realmindz: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2017
ColonelDrake:
Seun spoke the truth. The ooni has subjected his stool to ridicule. Even allowing Adeboye to sit on his royal chair was sacrilegious and embarrassing. Seun, you're the only one ashamed. I'm also ashamed for the Ooni. I don't expect people devoid of common sense to agree with Seun or me. Only people who are able to look at things with an open mind devoid of any religion sentiment.

You embrace the white man god while you call yours idols. You use small letter for your own god while you use capital letter for the white man god.

If oyinbos came today and said Ifa or Amadioha is the way. Trust Nigerians and africans to dump Christianity and Islam asap and embrace Ifa.

Suffice to say 99% of blacks, especially Nigerians have deep inferiority complex..Neo colonialism has eroded their self esteem.

I was at the base of an oil company some weeks ago and I was shocked the way blacks are trying to speak like the oyinbos - Pretentious accent. Why try to speak like them? Why not the other way round since they're in Nigeria..If Nigerians could change their accent while in Nigeria, imagine what they would do if they traveled abroad or relocated abroad.

slave mentality..mtchew
when the slow thinkers think they are wise, that's the problem with Africa and religion.

Mental slavery is a bastard

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by realmindz: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2017
Behold the Jew, saviour and father of the blacks.
White master Jesus.

smh olodo race

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2017
ColonelDrake:

slave mentality..mtchew

You nailed it bro.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by KingGBsky(m): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2017
No he should come and worship fela in the shrine. idiot.
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by sham0: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2017
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:31am On Jun 03, 2017
snowlord:
wu/wat is a seun kuti? n wat doz he/it do?
Lol Maybe He Is High On Cheap Drug...Lmao

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 03, 2017
Ooni we know, who the heck is Seun kuti..
He had better stop dragging SK, it can't profit him.

Nannsense

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Elnino4ladies: 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
namedonfinish:
Ooni we know, who the heck is Seun kuti..
He had better stop dragging SK, it can't profit him.

Nannsense

Address the issue he raised and stop this unnecessary ad hominem

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2017
Elnino4ladies:

Address the issue he raised and stop this unnecessary ad hominem

Do you know that minding your business is very cheap? undecided undecided

Well I guess you didn't, now you know, so please stay off my mention.
Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Amberon11: 1:29pm On Jun 03, 2017
I don't know the problem with you atheists. Is it your business that the ooni acknowledges Jesus Christ as the king of Kings and Lord of Lords?

Who told you Jesus is a "white man God"? Did anybody tell you Jesus was white? You're calling Christians ignorant but you're the ignorant one. Just so you know, Jesus was black while on earth. He was a Hebrew and scientific and archeological research have proven that the Hebrews were black. So many biblical figures were black too eg Solomon 5 I am dark, but lovely , O daughters of Jerusalem , Like the tents of Kedar , Like the curtains of Solomon.

Another was Job. Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat. Also Samson, Ham, Nimrod (the first biblical king), Ziporrah etc were all black people.

So how exactly is Christianity a white man religion? Even if Jesus Christ was white, which is not, did he come to save only whites or to save the entire world? Pls use your God given brain.

[s]
ColonelDrake:

slave mentality..mtchew
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti - I'm Ashamed Of Ooni Of Ife For Worshiping Jesus In Church [video] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 03, 2017
Amberon11:
I don't know the problem with you atheists. Is it your business that the ooni acknowledges Jesus Christ as the king of Kings and Lord of Lords?

Who told you Jesus is a "white man God"? Did anybody tell you Jesus was white? You're calling Christians ignorant but you're the ignorant one. Just so you know, Jesus was black while on earth. He was a Hebrew and scientific and archeological research have proven that the Hebrews were black. So many biblical figures were black too eg Solomon 5 I am dark, but lovely , O daughters of Jerusalem , Like the tents of Kedar , Like the curtains of Solomon.

Another was Job. Job 30:30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat. Also Samson, Ham, Nimrod (the first biblical king), Ziporrah etc were all black people.

So how exactly is Christianity a white man religion? Even if Jesus Christ was white, which is not, did he come to save only whites or to save the entire world? Pls use your God given brain.

can you describe ifa, sango and other Yoruba gods in similar fashion? Your own slavery be here o..Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Endsars Billboards Have Gone Up All Over Nigeria- Burnaboy. PHOTOS / A Picture Of Beyonce's Unborn Baby / Genevieve's Lookalike? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.