Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein (43534 Views)

Why Albert Einstein's Brain Was Removed After His Death / Who Deserves This.. Pythagoras Or Einstein? / Ayodele Awojobi's Posthumous 81st Birthday Is Today! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by CanadianNurse: 8:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Rmxr:
Prof Awojobi was one of the most brilliant scientists in Africa in his time. Sadly, he died young. You can only find a Nigerian Albert Einstein in SW. If you're looking for the Nigerian Elchapo, just go to the Potopoto part of Nigeria. There are many of them there wink
the 7th most intelligent man in the world according to Forbes is an igbo man Prof phillip emeagwali... Please let's stop all these tribal bashing it hinders development
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by flames007(m): 8:44am On Jun 04, 2017
moscobabs:
Na the thing wey we dey see afonja for bi dat .

Very intelligent people unlike our brothers in the yeast
you'r both funny and silly at the same time grin
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by moscobabs(m): 10:08am On Jun 04, 2017
flames007:
you'r both funny and silly at the same time grin
I'm not the source of your predicament bro
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Candyrain(m): 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2017
darkhorizon:
He must have been great as a lecturer and a typical engineer,but he did not contribute any new thing to the scientific/technological world.

Do u use autocad MEP?
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by darkhorizon: 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2017
Candyrain:

Do u use autocad MEP?
Sure,i do.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Candyrain(m): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2017
darkhorizon:
Sure,i do.

How do I contact u?
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by darkhorizon: 8:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
Candyrain:

How do I contact u?
. Where do you stay.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Candyrain(m): 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
darkhorizon:
. Where do you stay.

Lag. U on whatsapp?
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by darkhorizon: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
Candyrain:

Lag. U on whatsapp?
I am in Ilorin. Yeah.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Candyrain(m): 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
darkhorizon:

I am in Ilorin. Yeah.

Check ur mail
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Nobody: 12:07am On Jun 07, 2017
AworiLagosian:

Coming from the person who has the name of over 6 homosexuals stored on his fingertips.
Don't mind that fool.

A gay activist was kidnapped in the East just yesterday

The SouthWest is a major cynosure to media outlets, it's why happenings here make a greater proportion of their content

Trust me, there are sh¡tloads of gays in the East, especially Imo State.

4 Likes

Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by darkhorizon: 4:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Candyrain:

Check ur mail
Check ur mai
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:57am On Jun 08, 2017
roolnaado:
Shame on all those trying to turn this wonderful thread into a tribal war.

#topic

His was a family of genius, I read the biography of his brother Dr. Awojobi, a medical doctor, who invested his life in serving Eruwa village in Ido LG. Oyo state. Notable among his several inventions is the bicycle propelled centrifuge.
Have watched the documentary before, that man is a genius. He improvises a lot, which made him a successful person. I don't know why FG is yet to acknowledge him.

2 Likes

Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by XAUBulls: 5:50pm On Jan 03
kaikubura:
I am sure most of you have not heard of this great man who successfully converted his own family car, an Opel Olympia Rekord, from right-hand drive to a left-hand drive. And went on to invent a second steering-wheel mechanism, adjoined to the pre-existing engine at the rear end, so that the vehicle was able to move in both forward and backward directions with all four pre-existing gears. This gave the hybrid vehicle, which he christened Autonov 1, the ability to achieve its highest speeds at a moment's notice, in the normal reverse direction.

Early Life
Born in Oshodi, Lagos State, Awojobi's father, Chief Daniel Adekoya Awojobi, was a stationmaster at the Nigerian Railway Corporation who hailed from Ikorodu in Lagos State. His mother, Comfort Bamidele Awojobi (née Adetunji), was a petty trader who hailed from Modakeke, Ile-Ife, Osun State. Between 1942 and 1947, he attended St. Peter's Primary School, Faji, Lagos.

It was while at his secondary school, the CMS Grammar School, Lagos, that his academic traits began to manifest. Not only was he seen to be gifted in mathematics and the sciences, he was comfortable also in the arts, becoming a member of the school's literary and debating society. It was during this period that he earned the nickname, "Macbeth": William Shakespeare's famous play, Macbeth, was to be staged in the school. The lead actor took ill a week before, and so Ayodele was called upon to play the lead role in his stead. It is said that not only did Ayodele master his lines as lead actor, but also the entire play, such that he was able to prompt the cast whenever they forgot their lines.

Ayodele was a straight-A's secondary school student, while at the CMS Grammar school, passing his West African School Certificate examinations with a record eight distinctions in 1955. He proceeded to the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Ibadan, for his General Certificate of Examinations, GCE (Advanced Level), where in 1958 he sat for, and obtained distinctions in all his papers: Physics, Pure Mathematics and Applied Mathematics. In 1962 Awojobi was awarded his first degree in Mechanical Engineering – a BSc (Eng) London, with first class honours, at the then Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria (now Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria).

It was said by Akintola Ajai (himself an engineering graduate of the University of London), that when Awojobi arrived at the Nigerian College of Arts, Science and Technology, Zaria, he boasted openly saying that it was his intention to finish the whole course within a period of three years only; an impracticable feat due to the fact that nowhere was the BSc Mechanical Engineering curriculum designed to run less than four years. Ayodele accomplished it in three years just as he had predicted.

The federal government awarded Awojobi another scholarship in 1962 to study further at the post-graduate level in the field of Mechanical Engineering at the Imperial College of the University of London (now Imperial College London). He completed the course, successfully defending his thesis, and was awarded a PhD in Mechanical Engineering in 1966.
Bump.
Re: Ayodele Awojobi: Nigeria's Albert Einstein by examjunkies: 11:20pm On Jan 03
Is the mastermind show he hosted available on youtube or elsewhere on the internet? Would be neat to see.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Student Read These Days (photo) / Anatomy Student Of Uniosun's Death: Revealed True Story Behind It / He Gave Us Toys Not Laptops. Why Can't Gov. Okorocha Be Real For Once? (PHOTOS).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.