Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,624 members, 7,851,104 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:30 PM

Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? (2129 Views)

Chicken Republic Shading Olisa Metuh. .. Funny Pic Attached. / Omo-Agege Replaces Ighoyota Amori Of PDP In Senate / Nigerian Journalists Struggle For Fried Chicken At Inec Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by TippyTop(m): 8:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
"If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then the Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation, "

I had forgotten this quote until I saw it on a post by Sapeleguy or someone else,(can't remember).

Did Omo chicken  deliberately push Ojukwu to war, knowing the west would benefit from the war?
Is Omo chicken  an embarrassment to all Yoruba people?
How can he give an undertaking only to chicken out at the last minute?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
No he was a fowl
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by TippyTop(m): 8:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

No he was a fowl

In civilized society Omo chicken woulda resigned from politics and never to be heard of again.
In Nigeria he ended up leading the second largest tribe, what does this say of the Yoruba people?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Katsumoto: 8:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
Why do people persist in humiliating themselves in public? You asked the same question in the thread and i will paste the same answer here that I posted there.

Just like I thought, a generation given information without the ability to analyse issues themselves.
Awo said IF the eastern region is allowed, Is that not a conditional statement? A statement of declaration was made but Gowon did not allow the East to Leave Nigeria.

In a nutshell let me break it down for you. If Biafra succeeded in becoming a nation, then Awo would equally have set in motion actions designed to take the West out of Nigeria. Since Biafra did not succeed, we will never know what Awo would have done. This is a lesson in simple English grammer.

Where did you go school?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Katsumoto: 8:54pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

No he was a fowl

Like your brother wilywily, you do not contribute to intellectual threads only tribal bashing threads.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by babapupa: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Sometimes, I question people's sanity and sense of decency on NL.

Of what use and relevance is this thread other than to display your Ignorance and prejudice?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Katsumoto: 9:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

In civilized society Omo chicken woulda resigned from politics and never to be heard of again.
In Nigeria he ended up leading the second largest tribe,  what does this say of the Yoruba people?

Dare I ask which tribe is the largest?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Like your brother wilywily, you do not contribute to intellectual threads only tribal bashing threads.

As at the last time i checked, It takes a man with good element(S) of intellectualism to respond and answer and question.
As at the last time i checked, Another word for chicken was still FOWL. Has it changed?

@Katsumoto
Pls can you provide a link where i contributed to any tribal bashing unprovoked?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Dare I ask which tribe is the largest?

Hausa/Falani
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by TippyTop(m): 9:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Awo said IF the eastern region is allowed, Is that not a conditional statement? A statement of declaration was made but Gowon did not allow the East to Leave Nigeria.

Are you accusing Awo of naivety?
Do you want me to believe when Awo made the above statement he thought the eastern region would be allowed to leave the federation no questions asked?
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
Hmmmm, subscribes to thread!! grin grin
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Katsumoto: 9:08pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

Do you want me to believe when Awo made the above statement he thought the eastern region would be allowed to leave the federation no questions asked?

Awo is not here and even if he were here, there is a chance that he may not tell us what his intentions were. So we HAVE to go by what he said. Don't try to interprete what he meant; you are not a magician or mind reader.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Katsumoto: 9:09pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

Hausa/Falani

Hausa is one tribe, Fulani is another tribe. You can not combine them to make one tribe.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:12pm On Jan 18, 2010
grabs a bucket of pop corn, dials mekus and willy willy grin grin grin
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by reporter1: 9:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Biafrans will forever be jealous of Awo.
Awo remains the numero uno visionary Nigeria has ever produced.  While your ancestors were busying
with politic pandering, Awo was building the West.  Still evident till tomorrow because your people are still there in the SW making a living.
All of you forest men will forever be a slave of the SW region.

What can I say,  Nairaland has provided cover for you to spew your nonsense.
You should worry about your brothers that are being beheaded in Asia for drug pushing.
Greedy Biafran, will sell his mama for a dime.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Hausa is one tribe, Fulani is another tribe. You can not combine them to make one tribe.

Bros, Pls you need to wake up. It has always been Hausa/Fulani has one tribe.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by bawomolo(m): 9:19pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

Bros, Pls you need to wake up. It has always been Hausa/Fulani has one tribe.

they are two distinct ethnic groups with the fulani's being traditionally normadic while the hausa were pastoral. Fulani's paid tribute to the hausa states until uthman dan fodio took over the emirates and formed the sokoto caliphate.

learn your history
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:20pm On Jan 18, 2010
Sunny_bobo:

grabs a bucket of pop corn, dials mekus and willy willy grin grin grin

Pls pass me some pop corn.
I need to chill and wash event unfold.
Pls let the fire works begin!
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by sjeezy8: 9:21pm On Jan 18, 2010
Awo was a chicken a fowl a rooster when it came to talk of war, but he was a fukin genius when it came to running government affairs economically. He wasnt a war general like ojuwku(the clown) what do you expect?

Someone who has never seen war,studied war, smelled death. Be realistic he was FAR from a war hero or what ever.
Imagine him leading yorubas into a war and his profession is being an economist lmfao- its even funny sef
What does it say about yoruba people? nothing because they are all different and have different opinions

three who happen to be yoruba for example:
becomerich- wants to join benin republic and leave the igbo with the north lmfao - crazy guy
Katsumoto - wants war divide from north and south . . . blah blah blah
Sjeezy8- wants one Nigeria, fine with me I dont care I stay in Lagos my origin is Lagos(badagry). So all the BS about religous wars and Oil and all that shnit doesnt really effect many lagosian indignes.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by Dimka76(m): 9:24pm On Jan 18, 2010
Well, I think yorubas are generally percieved to be chicken.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
bawomolo:

they are two distinct ethnic groups with the fulani's being traditionally normadic while the hausa were pastoral. Fulani's paid tribute to the hausa states until uthman dan fodio took over the emirates and formed the sokoto caliphate.

learn your history

Pls stop re-writing histroy.

Nigeria has 3 major tribes namely
1) Hausa/Fulani on 1 hand
2) Igbo
3) Yoruba.

Thats the way it has always been and not even you can say otherwise
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by ziga: 9:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

Why do people persist in humiliating themselves in public? You asked the same question in the thread and i will paste the same answer here that I posted there.

Just like I thought, a generation given information without the ability to analyse issues themselves.

In a nutshell let me break it down for you. If Biafra succeeded in becoming a nation, then Awo would equally have set in motion actions designed to take the West out of Nigeria. Since Biafra did not succeed, we will never know what Awo would have done. This is a lesson in simple English grammer.

Where did you go school?

I was just going to explain the meaning of IF to the poster, but i see that you have already done that.

I pray he understands it.

BTW, Mr poster sounds so much like some other people on this forum with different usernames.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by SapeleGuy: 9:28pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

Each person has to judge the situation and do what is best for them.

If you actually study that statement it is an example of hedging. He could equally have started the statement with 'In the unlikely event of the east seceding then . . .'

This animosity is pointless. There is a much bigger task at hand, stop squabbling.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
Its obvious very soon you guys will rewrite histroy to make igbo and ibo two different tribes.

Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by bawomolo(m): 9:30pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

Pls stop re-writing histroy.

Nigeria has 3 major tribes namely
1) Hausa/Fulani on 1 hand
2) Igbo
3) Yoruba.

Thats the way it has always been and not even you can say otherwise

You are ignorant, go read up on the creation of the sokoto caliphate. the fulani(fulbe in certain countries) and hausa are distinct tribes.
hausa/fulani are mistaken as one just because of their close proximity and inter-marriage.  There are more hausa's than fulani's

chosen04:

Its obvious very soon you guys will rewrite histroy to make igbo and ibo two different tribes.

yeah because ibo isn't considered the anglicized form of igbo.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by sjeezy8: 9:33pm On Jan 18, 2010
chosen04:

its not igbo its ibo

what color are your panties- are you fat or skinny? undecided lmfao
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by TippyTop(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2010
There has always been and will remain 3 major tribes in Nigeria:
Hausa/Fulani
Yoruba
Ibo.

Am with chosen04  on this one.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:35pm On Jan 18, 2010
bawomolo:

You are ignorant, go read up on the creation of the sokoto caliphate. the fulani(fulbe in certain countries) and hausa are distinct tribes.
hausa/fulani are mistaken as one just because of their close proximity and inter-marriage.  There are more hausa's than fulani's
yeah because ibo isn't considered the anglicized form of igbo.

Thank God you are owning up without knowing it.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by chosen04(f): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

Hausa/Fulani
Yoruba
Ibo.

Am with chosen04 on this one.

Thanks
Am always with you
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by grafikdon: 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
You punks should leave Awolowo alone. . . let the man enjoy his warm meal with the big father "Ekwensu".
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by bawomolo(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2010
Tippy Top:

Hausa/Fulani
Yoruba
Ibo.

Am with chosen04  on this one.

hausa and fulani are distinct ethnicities with hausa's being the numerically superior group.
Re: Was Awo "Omo Chicken"? by grafikdon: 9:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
bawomolo:

hausa and fulani are distinct ethnicities with hausa's being the numerically superior group.

I have a feeling that most Nigerians know this but they have accepted the questionable term Hausa/Fulani. There is hardly any difference between that term and a claim that Igbo/Ijo is one ethnic group. Very erroneous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I’m Fed Up With Lies About Yar’adua – Dora: American doctors are due in Nigeria / BOMBSHELL!!! Obasanjo Attack On Jonathan!!! Mallam Idris Mohammed Replies / Enugu 2015 Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.